Harbingers Elite shall burn

DeletedUser

You could just quake them back. At least those are semi-useful.

DeletedUser

I'm in favor of bolting or quaking, it's part of the game. Bolting can slow down an aggressor while Quaking can soften a defender.

Just because the Powers are instant & can fall down on distant Enemies, its not really a n00bs move. Its just one of the Major Powers you recieve as a City owner, while you build your kingdom.

Think of it like Conquering a city in o63, while your enemy is way off in o34 or even closer in o43. It's a weak move, but a move non the less ...

DeletedUser

Or, you could spend the favor on Manticores and Hydras.

Thats true as well, and I do. But at some points you are not able to build them or really need them for a certain conflict.

By gaining the POWERS early on in your Grepolis career, you can use it much quicker then you could build a force of Mythical Creatures worth much.

So as a much Larger Alliance, with players @ all levels in their Grepo Careers, utilizing Bolt & Quake powers to ward off your Enemies, is an awesome strategy.

It's an idea, just Bolt to the ground, any Cities conquered by enemies, that are at a distance. That should deter all the Hoopla on conquering 1 city @ distances an Alliance cant protect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah, but COIG did the bolting thing...and I'll just say it wasn't popular.

DeletedUser

Think of it like Conquering a city in o63, while your enemy is way off in o34 or even closer in o43. It's a weak move, but a move non the less ...
I see what you did thar.

Bolting achieves little and is frowned upon by many. I don't mind though, if they feel the need they can but it has not slowed me yet, just made me more annoyed at Xmortis at large.

DeletedUser

o43? o63! Krustard dreaming large now!

I would like to thank you for sending all those attacks, you gave me a enough CP to take another city

DeletedUser

o43? o63! Krustard dreaming large now!

I would like to thank you for sending all those attacks, you gave me a enough CP to take another city

Ya welcome, since it gained me another City Slot as well =) Aren't many people who attack me, so I have to go out of my way and make trouble for BP =/

Thanks for being such a Gracious Target, more to come =)

DeletedUser

Hmm I could guess...but I will just have to bide my time until you can make it through the A's hopefully you wont get rimmed before you reach S. And aside from my alliance with Mike and Phen's pact with Krust I would never pass on fine long distance BPs.

DeletedUser1405

I dont think he would refuse it either bud, speak with hi he likes wargames. :D

DeletedUser

i cant believe people moan about bolts and quakes, they're just another weapon in the game and can be very useful at times. At the end of the day you do what causes the most damage to your enemy at any given time, be it navy attacks, troop attacks or magic. If someone does it to you then you just need to work out what is their weakness and exploit it.

HKPhooey
PoC
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I don't moan about it. I just find it annoying when someone on the other side of the world does it. They have no weakness to me other than a bolt back which I don't waste time on.

DeletedUser

I caveat my original post with 'bolts & quakes' are fine by me if the people doing it are actually within an area you can battle against'.

If someone bolts me from O85 then it achieves nothing i agree.

HKPhooey
PoC
:p

DeletedUser

Yea they don't bother me too much either, waste of their favor tbh. Now 3 fellas from SYN bolt me, 1 regularly and the other 2 (whenever they log in 2x days?) In a way it sorta helps out freeing pop...I dont repair unless its academy or Wall.

DeletedUser

A few bolts I agree are just Annoying. But when you organize a Bolting of every 4hrs (or as close as possible) on 1 city for the next week or month..

That would be much more then annoying, and the favor lost bolting 1-3 times in that period is not much, I waste that Favor when I go 1 day without spending it.

So example, Alliance A is 41 Members and Alliance B is 250+ members ..

Alliance 41 takes a long distance city, The BOLT UNION is called upon, and they go out on STRIKE !

Lightning Strike that is .. Now you have no troops yet in your new city, and now your are being Bolted by the Alliance with 250+ players .. 1x every 4-5hrs for as long as we can motivate the Campaign on one target ...

Seems like a decent way to make someone pay more for taking a city, then having to plan an Elite takeover 1 or 2 oceans away .... which could take months or up to a year ... /wink Devynsire -=)

DeletedUser

Sooo your saying if Devyn comes after you your going to get your Alliance to mass bolt him so he can't take your polis's?