harbour stations

DeletedUser16007

Proposal
When a player support a city with naval units, and wishes to support a different town, he doesn't have to send his units back to his city, and then support

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Did you?

Reason:
Say for etc:me personally send one of my alliance members support,He no longer needs it,now instead of bringing those ships all the way back to my city i could just foward them on to the next city in aid.
This brings realism to the game, because in real ancient Greece, units didn't have to come back, so that they can go somewhere else.

Details:
it's said in the proposal

Visual Aids:

Balance:
The only thing this will effect is the unit support.

Abuse Prevention:
I know people will be thinking this will make the game stupidly hard cause pirates will endlessly roam the oceans owning all,but say for instance you could only do this harbour hoping say three times then your naval fleet must return to your city then the process will begin again starting from harbour number 1.

Summary:
I was thinking what if alliance members could have the option of sending there ships to other peoples city's but still control them,Instead of the original send them there then bring them home process,Say for etc:me personally send one of my alliance members support,He no longer needs it,now instead of bringing those ships all the way back to my city i could just foward them on to the next city in aid,i know people will be thinking this will make the game stupidly hard cause pirates will endlessly roam the oceans owning all,but say for instance you could only do this harbour hoping say three times then your naval fleet must return to your city then the process will begin again starting from harbour hop number1,

please let me know what yous think or if you can make this idea better

thanxall

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19618

This Idea is indeed good The developers should consider it.It really is frustating to return the biremes to the port of origin and then sending it to another city.

DeletedUser16007

yeah the wait is a killer,but if it has been rejected in the past the chances are they will doit again:( but never know

DeletedUser

For it to have any chance of being considered, you'll need to use the correct format, found in the third post of this thread. As already said, though, it's been suggested and rejected before, so it's highly likely it will be again.

Personally, I'm against it. Would completely destroy the element of skill in timing attacks from various cities, if you could stack all troops/ships in a single city, and launch at a target from there..

DeletedUser

1. read the format and add it to ur idea

since this idea has been suggested x numbers of time in the past we have seen it in all different ways . . . i could close it just for that reason, but the only thing u can do to prove to me that this idea is better than the others is post it in proper format and it needs to be well thought out . . . i like the concept, it could be a little too much coding, but since im not a dev im not realle sure :p

Formats for Ideas​

These formats are guides to how your ideas should be presented. It is also intended to make sure you have thought through your proposal thoroughly. If you can't complete this form then your idea may not merit a thread.

You can make minor modifications to this format to suit your proposal but should include most if not all of the headings. Any idea that intentionally or entirely disregards this form will be considered spam and may be deleted.

It is important to present it well and go into detail so that other members of the community can discuss every aspect of the idea.

It is also important that this format in your first post is regularly updated with any changes so that your first post always contains the full, up-to-date idea.

Improvements are simpler but I still ask that you use the format to ensure your post is well presented and follows the correct protocol.

Please click the one of the following that pertains to ur idea.

Development Format

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
you will save yourself a lot of time and avoid the risk of your thread being closed quickly

Reason:
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. You should consider the existing game mechanics here and show how this idea improves upon them. Tables comparing costs, times, unit values etc are a helpful addition.

Details:
Explain the specifics of your proposal. How will it work?

Visual Aids:
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screenshots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags.
*Please do keep in mind that the image rules still apply in the ideas section. If the visual aid is bigger than 640 x 640 pixels, please place the image in a spoiler. Also no animated images allowed.*

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.

Abuse Prevention:
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.

Summary:
Give a final wrap up and list any questions you think may still need to be answered to improve your idea.

phoenixavier said:
Proposal:

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:
Improvements Format

Proposal
In a few sentences, state your idea.

Reason
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. How will this make life easier for players? If you are posing a solution to a problem make sure you describe the problem.

Details

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.

phoenixavier said:
Proposal:

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Failure to post the required format with your idea will result in your idea being closed and rejected.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

1. read the format and add it to ur idea

since this idea has been suggested x numbers of time in the past we have seen it in all different ways . . . i could close it just for that reason, but the only u can do to prove to me that this idea is better than the other i need it in proper format and it needs to be well thought out . . . i like the concept, it could be a little too much coding, but since im not a dev im not realle sure :p

Formats for Ideas​

These formats are guides to how your ideas should be presented. It is also intended to make sure you have thought through your proposal thoroughly. If you can't complete this form then your idea may not merit a thread.

You can make minor modifications to this format to suit your proposal but should include most if not all of the headings. Any idea that intentionally or entirely disregards this form will be considered spam and may be deleted.

It is important to present it well and go into detail so that other members of the community can discuss every aspect of the idea.

It is also important that this format in your first post is regularly updated with any changes so that your first post always contains the full, up-to-date idea.

Improvements are simpler but I still ask that you use the format to ensure your post is well presented and follows the correct protocol.

Please click the one of the following that pertains to ur idea.

Development Format

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

you will save yourself a lot of time and avoid the risk of your thread being closed quickly

Reason:
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. You should consider the existing game mechanics here and show how this idea improves upon them. Tables comparing costs, times, unit values etc are a helpful addition.

Details:

Visual Aids:
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screenshots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags.
*Please do keep in mind that the image rules still apply in the ideas section. If the visual aid is bigger than 640 x 640 pixels, please place the image in a spoiler. Also no animated images allowed.*

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:
Give a final wrap up and list any questions you think may still need to be answered to improve your idea.

Improvements Format

Proposal
In a few sentences, state your idea.

Reason
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. How will this make life easier for players? If you are posing a solution to a problem make sure you describe the problem.

Details

Balance/Abuse Prevention

Failure to post the required format with your idea will result in your idea being closed and rejected.

Here's a bigger size.:p

DeletedUser

We could keep it that only support commands have this ability, that way you can't attack someone after you support someone else-
The only way to move from one city to the next would be if you were to support the next city you land on.
It would prevent abuse of attacking and conquering over long distance.

DeletedUser

P.s I do like the harbor hopping idea, but, it could be exploited- you could get your colony ship quite far away by this method if you select someone veeery far away and send them support with offensive troops and your second 'Hop'- if you're allowed to attack on it- could get you a city 132 hrs away. The colony ship was restricted to not be able to do this.

DeletedUser

I'll format this one for you cause I like it

just copy this, and put in your original post
[noparse]
Proposal
When a player support a city with naval units, and wishes to support a different town, he doesn't have to send his units back to his city, and then support

Did you?

Reason:
Say for etc:me personally send one of my alliance members support,He no longer needs it,now instead of bringing those ships all the way back to my city i could just foward them on to the next city in aid.
This brings realism to the game, because in real ancient Greece, units didn't have to come back, so that they can go somewhere else.

Details:
it's said in the proposal

Visual Aids:

Balance:
The only thing this will effect is the unit support.

Abuse Prevention:
I know people will be thinking this will make the game stupidly hard cause pirates will endlessly roam the oceans owning all,but say for instance you could only do this harbour hoping say three times then your naval fleet must return to your city then the process will begin again starting from harbour number 1.

Summary:
[/noparse]

anyway, yes

DeletedUser

I think it's a good idea.But if it has been rejected it probably won't happen

DeletedUser

Sorry, but think of this-

A wonder island is already stacked with defensive unity yes?
I see an attack coming at my city and request aid, all my alliance mates have to do is forward their support on to my city and in under 30 minutes i would have an impenetrable city.

The defender already has the advantage... No from me.

DeletedUser

I agree to this idea, but it will never get implimented. The idea will require too much change and there is a lot of loop holes in the system that would have to be fixed. This idea has been put up time and time again by a lot of people that want to use it.
In 2009 Evony use to have a similar approach. It meant that players could build a far off station and send troops from their bases to that station and pound them into the ground. However, similarly it could be used for defence, which I believed will be used in Grepolis more then otherwise.
If any experienced player with an ear to Grepolis team ever hears them say that they would consider this idea, please let us know. Otherwise the discussion is a waste of time.

The only thing I can think of that Grepolis team may consider is if you have to use a Premium feature to do this (eg: All Advisors or a new advisor that allows this). If the Grepolis team see $$$$ they may consider it. But I think this will be a devisive idea that will decrease revenue for them.