Hassan's Occasional Quote of the Day/Week/Month

• Thread starter DeletedUser29066
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What about when you're writing something sad? Should you still be happy?

DeletedUser29066

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
Charles V

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]... so what's he trying to say. That Germans are as stubborn as horses? Might explain Inno's intransigence [/FONT]:D

DeletedUser29066

Here in the Netherlands there are towns that take part in the throwing of toilet bowls for a laugh.
Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange

... hey Inno, looking for event ideas? Here's something we can all get behind.
:D

DeletedUser29066

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it by chance, they would not even known they had done so.
Xenophanes

lies, all lies :cool:

DeletedUser29066

Any young man who is unmarried at the age of twenty one is a menace to the community.
Brigham Young

.. how old should he be when he takes wife number two? Does it have to be the younger sister of wife number one?:D

DeletedUser29066

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.
Boris Yeltsin

yes, I can see where that would be a real pain in the posterior
;)

DeletedUser53204

Ah Boris! What a guy? Was he the ventriloquist or was he the rabbit? Hey maybe Jimmy Stewart knows? :D

tumblr_inline_newtcvaQE91shvxs5.jpg

DeletedUser29066

The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it.
Emile Zola

.. perhaps not, but lies, deceit and half-truths can surely slow it down. Ask any politician.

DeletedUser29066

It gets so boring at home. After all, how many reruns of Abbott and Costello movies can a guy watch on television?
Bud Abbott

.. and that was in the days before binge-watching

Aicy

Strategos
if someone studies logic and then still tries to achieve human perfection they need to go back and give logic another look.

I study mathematical logic and I reached perfection Thursday afternoon, thank you very much.

Also of course someone who studies logic will give logic another look, they study logic, no? :)

DeletedUser29066

The subconscious is ceaselessly murmuring, and it is by listening to these murmurs that one hears the truth.
Gaston Bachelard

tell me Gaston, do it's lips move while it is murmuring?
:p

DeletedUser29066

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was a genius.
Sid Caesar

... not the Caesar you were expecting?
:p

DeletedUser29066

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin

.. as evidenced by all who play this game and post in these forums

DeletedUser36697

“That kind of inability to improve is really very rare. That kind of consistency is miraculous, in a way.”
― Zadie Smith, White Teeth