Hassan's Occasional Quote of the Day/Week/Month

• Thread starter DeletedUser29066
  • Start date

DeletedUser33530

I really appreciate that you read it. I just like to give fig a hard time because he's on my personal list of Top 10 Favorite Mods. Somewhere. I think. Lemme see, where did I put that list. Oh look, a cheeseburger, with fries.:)

we have less than ten forum mods.

DeletedUser29066

I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
Wolfman Jack

... well why not? They say that misery loves company.
:D

DeletedUser29066

You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

... and the onion rings and fries will put the wind in your sails .. and somewhere else too :eek:

DeletedUser29066

like the Loch Ness monster, or Rick Perry's political chances, it briefly rears its ugly head before silently sliding back into the murky gloom

DeletedUser29066

There is no Democratic or Republican way of cleaning the streets.
Fiorello LaGuardia

... right on buddy .. and feces is feces, no matter whose rear end it comes out of ;)

DeletedUser29066

Consequently he who wishes to attain to human perfection, must therefore first study Logic, next the various branches of Mathematics in their proper order, then Physics, and lastly Metaphysics.
Maimonides

... and once you're done and realize that human perfection is still impossible to achieve you'll wish you'd spent less time studying and more time playing Grep

DeletedUser33530

if someone studies logic and then still tries to achieve human perfection they need to go back and give logic another look.

DeletedUser29066

When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.
Joe Namath

.. and that's the trick to most things

DeletedUser29066

Any man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man.
J. Robert Oppenheimer

... I've been trying to correct some of mine for over 30 years :D

DeletedUser29066

Love is a reciprocal torture.
Marcel Proust

...c'mon baby, hurt me, hurt me some more, hurt me real good
:cool:

DeletedUser29066

I'm quoting Dan Quayle for 3 reasons:

One-If I didn't, nobody would
It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
Dan Quayle
Two-of all the things I've ever lost, I really miss my mind the most
What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.
Dan Quayle
Three-to infinity, and beyond
It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.
Dan Quayle

DeletedUser29066

Hell, covering all with its gloomy vapors, has cast shadows on even the holiest eyes.
Jean Racine

... and quite a few unholy ones as well
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser29066

What difference does it make how much you have? What you do not have amounts to much more.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day ........

DeletedUser29066

Do not let spacious plans for a new world divert your energies from saving what is left of the old.
Winston Churchill

... so quiet in the forums today. What happened, did a new server open or something?
:p

DeletedUser29066

I had a little teddy bear called Gordon the gopher. I took him to bed with me, he'd come to school with me cos he was my favourite.
John Terry

... and now you've got Guus Hiddink. The more things change, the more they stay the same.;)

DeletedUser29066

We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

... but not during WW stage

DeletedUser29066

I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like child stringing beads in kindergarten, - happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another.
Brenda Ueland

Hmmmm, somehow, when I think of guys like Pushty and a pebble writing, I don't picture a child stringing beads in kindergarten. Happy and absorbed .... not likely.