Newspaper Helike Chronicles Issue One

DeletedUser46838

Helike Chronicles
3/20/16
By Rock5

Welcome to the first issue of the Helike Times, your very own newspaper for this world.(Finally right?) This newspaper will be as unbiased as possible and will be released once a week.

In this issue, I would like to cover the following things:

• Intro
  • Interviews
  • Tavern

Intro

This is Rock5 reporting for EN90, Helike. This world opened on March 16th, 2016. The settings is below.

World Speed2
Unit Speed3
Conquer StyleConquest
MoraleOff
Alliance Limit100
Beginner’s Protection6 Days

Many alliances have joined the world. Here is a top 12 of the alliances:
RankAllianceVerdict
1The Roman EmpireFloat: Mostly located in O44 with a few scattered in other oceans, The Roman Empire is given a float. Why? Most of it’s players at the moment are active however I still see some players in the alliance that are below 1K. Also, they are rank 2 in total BP which isn’t too bad. But this verdict may very well change in the future.
2The Black DeathFloat/Sink: Most if not all cities are in O55 with some at the border of O55/O54. The Black Death is a float. Why? This was a tough decision but after a few hours I decided to land on float. Though their cities are close to each other, they have the most members out of the entire top 12 (If you combine both The Black Death and The Black Apocalypse). It’s roster contains some notable names in it. We’ll just have to see if they’ll survive in the coming weeks.
3Ironback CouncilMostly located in O45 with a few scattered in other oceans. Ironback Council is a swim. Why? They are the number one is ABP and total BP and they have quite a few notable names in there.
4-SPQR-Sitting near the O54/O55 border, this alliance has a small core with quite a few cities near the center of O54 and O55. -SPQR- is given a float/sink. Why? 1st is the location. It’s “spread-outness”(If that’s even a term) will cause a bit of damage in the long run. Second, the number of players in the alliance needs to be addressed. -SPQR- is comprised of both -SPQR- and -SPQR II-, which gives us a total of 103 members. That many people is difficult to control.
5Immortal KnightsVerdict: Float. I am personally kind of ambivalent on this alliance. They have the biggest golders (Not naming anyone; you can look for yourself), a solid BP ranking (a good indication of activity). However there are some flaws to this alliance. They have an academy (Immortal Daze, though I don’t know why they needed an academy when their parent alliance is only at 67 members) and that they are sort of spread out. We shall see in the coming weeks what will happen to this alliance.
6SPARTAA tightly knit alliance in O54. Verdict: Swim. Though it has a commonly used name, this alliance should not be taken lightly. Their average is the highest out of the top 12. Their BP is rank 6 which is pretty good. I see a good future in this alliance.
7Elements of DestructionLocated in O54/O55, this alliance is one of the first few alliances to join the world. Verdict: Float/Swim: It’s pretty tight knit alliance and many notable names (some even use the external forums. But because of they are few in numbers, I am going to play safe and say a doggy paddle for this one.
8Wild StallionzThis alliance is mostly located in O45, with a few cities located in other oceans. The alliance is a float, Why? Because I believe they have potential to a certain degree. However, as you can probably tell, some of them are inactive (or not logging in often).
9UnnamedLocating in O54, Unnamed boasts a #2 ranking in that ocean. Verdict: Float/Sink. Why? 1st. The average is the lowest of the Top 12 (The average is around 1250.) Second, it’s BP needs to be addressed. It currently sits at rank 26 even though it is a top 12 alliance.
10Golden MRAThis alliance is located spread out in all four oceans. Verdict: Sink. Why? They have almost little to no core and half the players are here just to gold trade. And maybe the fact that mungus and Erik are in the same alliance makes people wonder, right? Haha
11Cake and AleThis alliance is located near the center of the core (At least a large majority of the cities. Verdict: Float/Swim. Why? First, it’s close proximity to each other will be beneficial in the long run. Second, it’s BP is rank 11th, which is the same as it’s points ranking. I see this alliance going to last a quite a long time. Also, cookie points for it’s creative name.
12The Black ApocalypseSee The Black Plague for verdict

New Event?

According to Baudin, “Starting March 24th, you will have the chance to smash numerous pieces of pottery with your students to obtain shards and Easter eggs for your collection. The shards can be exchanged for valuable rewards from the shop. But that’s not all, ally with other players to collect Honor Points together and receive gifts. Only together you will be able to reach the community goals and get awesome effects for the cities of all players. So have fun and enjoy the event!”

An image of the event is shown below.

File:Easter_16_field.png

An image of the “rewards shop”

File:Easter_16_shop.png

Surprise! As you can see, there are no myth units in the event. Isn’t it a refreshing change? You can beta test this event by going to the beta server and try it out there. All other specifics regarding the event can be found in the wiki.

Interviews

Leah Hill
Immortal Daze

What are your thoughts on the world so far?
Leah Hill said:
Bit early to tell yet but we are making good progress
Is your alliance a premade (created before the world was open)?
Leah Hill said:
We are drawn together from a number of other worlds in which we've all played together although many have joined us since
Why was the academy needed when the original alliance isn't even full?
Leah Hill said:
No disrespect but that's something which we would prefer not to answer at this time
IS your alliance here to win World wonders?
Leah Hill said:
Naturally
What are your thoughts on the Easter Event that's coming up?
Leah Hill said:
Surprised not see any flier boosts - good to finally see a chariot option
To end the newspaper, what is your favorite movie?
Leah Hill said:
Torn between The Shawshank Redemption and The Great Escape
Skuduish
-SPQR-

Skuduish said:
Difficult to tell so early on. I can see by scrolling through the alliance members listings there is a huge amount experienced players here. From all countries servers and world types (revolt, conquest, hero). I'm really looking forward to see how things pan out. Anything could happen really.
Is your alliance a premade?
Skuduish said:
Partially premade alliance. We brought great players but also great trainers. We will give players that show they are worth our time the upmost respect and time by personally training them one to one.

Activity is the most important thing for us and each one of us covers each other.

We are made up of various time zones, cultures, experience and goals. And we have united our strengths under the banner of -SPQR-. We'll along most definately be tested but I'm confident in our skill set and will be happy to fight the good fight and stand by my family as well as our many friends in other alliances.
Is your alliance here for world wonders?
Skuduish said:
Of course
What alliances do you think will be a problem to yours and why?
Skuduish said:
Its too early to say. Any alliance could be strong looking now but make one bad choice and go belly up. We'll learn alot over the first days after bp ends and keep an eye on the pushers and the crumblers
The Easter Event is coming soon. Do you think it's too early for that?
Skuduish said:
It will ruin the world here... its a conquest world. Everyone will suddenly be stacked with mythical units at the very beginning of a world. Whos going to have a successful conquest on anyone if everyone has myths nukes to counter. And if the events long. Then they will have nukes in inventory to spare when needed also. Its a terrible idea.
Who came up with the alliance name and is there a significance to it?
Skuduish said:
Spqr is a historic name. It stands for the senate and its people.

It is a roman phrase in latin.

It shows to our members that we are not a tyranical alliance. We have a council who discuss all options to better the alliance as a whole. It includes our generals soldiers legions (attack op teams) and envisions us as a true empire. A true democracy. A true family where the parents work for the better of their children. Where the power of the alliance is not in one man. But in the alliance as a whole. In our phalanx. In our voice. The peoples voice.

It was also the alliance name i was in leadership of in Actium many many years ago.As for who chose the name this time round. It was a joint decision made by our founders to show our traits.
To conclude the interview, what is your favorite movie?
Skuduish said:
Reservoir Dogs

LL Cool D
Wild Stallionz

LL Cool D said:
"What we on day 3, Same old, same old, Alliances already pacting up and making sister alliances or second branches if that makes them feel better, merge offers getting thrown about like it means nothing, Alliance Cap 100, expected nothing else really"
Is your alliance here for world wonders or are you guys going to just fight and quit right before WW?
LL Cool D said:
"Well we didn't join to lose sir that's for sure, but saying that this is our first world together as a team, we'd be idiots to think we can go all the way this early in the game, we could plan to reach WWs but plans in Grepolis this early in the game rarely work out, we are just planning to have fun and carry on building a team"
LL Cool D said:
"Of soughts, we've done some recruiting since we've been here, would be fools not too"
Do you think your alliance will take over O45?
LL Cool D said:
"At this stage i doubt any single alliance will own an ocean, well, our size anyway, who knows what the future holds, we are just happy being here attempting to cause some chaos."
What are your thoughts on the Easter Event that is coming up?
LL Cool D said:
"Looking forward to it, I hear this is a new kind of event, with the peace time as well i can see some nukes being unleashed, which is all ways fun"
To end the interview, what is your favorite movie?
LL Cool D said:
ImPreeetySure
IronBack Council

What are your thoughts on the world?
ImPreeetySure said:
Small world, seems to me that there are less quality alliances than previous worlds, probably because of how small the world is.
ImPreeetySure said:
Ahaha I think a few players knew each other before the world but the overwhelming majority of players just randomly joined here.
Who named the alliance and is there a meaning to the name?
ImPreeetySure said:
A Bandit did and I hope there isn't a meaning to it, I personally hate the name
What alliances do you consider to be threats in your ocean?
ImPreeetySure said:
Immortal Knights, Cake And Ale and Wild Stallionz. Each have their qualities which make them a threat, although they have significantly reduced numbers. Of course targeting is to be expected because of the whole academy alliance thing.
Do you think your alliance will have an academy soon?
ImPreeetySure said:
We have got one already, although it's labelled brother
To end the interview, what is your favorite movie?
ImPreeetySure said:
Oooo that's a toughie, I'm gonna have to say Deadpool

The Tavern

I know y’all have been waiting for this to happen, right? This is the tavern, where rumours fly all over the place. Some may be true, some are lies. It’s up to YOU to decide which ones are real and which ones are false.

The Easter Event coming up has no myth units in it.
Baudin Toolan is in O55
More than half of the top 12 alliances have at least an academy.
Richard has also landed in the world, as well as several of the mods. All under different alias but all in the same alliance.

I hope you all enjoyed this issue. IF you like it, please give +rep. If you have any suggestions, post below. Hope to see you all next soon!

DeletedUser41523

IC is going to swim? Rock you know me. I could probably tank them solo if I was playing and not trading. They have a few good players but lots of dead weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't mind the verdict on our SPQR alliances and as for our positions, Grepolis placed our members all over despite it being via their own link. That can't be helped, and we have looked at our position and its not so bad with the right PACT :D

I prefer to be the underdog than the Top dog at the start :D

DeletedUser31385

Good job on this issue. I expect more in the next one. Keep up the good work.

DeletedUser42407

I don't play this world, but coming from someone who has made many newspapers (too many:p) you made an excellent issue! I like the way you organized everything into tables, certainly shows up my newspapers! :D

Plus Rep for you :)

DeletedUser39031

Good Issue, Look forward to more issues :p

(Edit: Must Spread)

DeletedUser

After some time the table will be changed : elements of destruction will swim.

DeletedUser52342

Bravo Zulu

Good job Rock5, looking forward to next issue!

DeletedUser

You know I like your newspapers Rock. Good job on this one but the top 12 was just... well it wasn't great ;).

Loved the rest of the newspaper though :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45115

Batle points? Really? Yeah great job killing troops on Island missons lool

DeletedUser43325

If your next comment doesn't include a looool you're doing it wrong.