Here come the Spartans ... over and over and over again

DeletedUser29066

OK, I think most everyone agrees that alliance names that include the word Sparta or Spartans have been done to death, along with a few others. There is a certain lack of originality out there. Here is a list I compiled of Sparta/Spartans related names from just one world. Feel free to add any others you know of. These are in no particular order ...

The Spartans
Elite Spartans
The Spartan Warriors
Spartan Legions
Sparta's Finest
Spartan Kings
300 Spartans (in a world with 150 limit-LOL)
Legions of Sparta
Spartans
The Last Spartans

and finally

N.O.O.B.S ... wait for it .... Nations Of Outstanding Battallions of Sparta

OK, at least that last one showed a little bit of creativity .. LMAO

DeletedUser

You forgot:

Spartan Wolves.
300 Spartan Wolves.
Gods of Sparta.
Leonidas.
Spartan Hoplites.
Molon Labe.
Athenian Empire.
S.P.Q.R
Roman Empire.
The Myrmidons.
The Byzantines.
Varangians.
Varangian Guard.
United Nations. (my favorite)
Etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It goes on forever....there was one alliance named Spartan Snipers.....

DeletedUser

I recently saw an alliance called Spartans of the Sea. A bit silly seeing as the Spartans didn't really like fighting on the sea lol.

DeletedUser

Molon Labe doesn't count... but it was always a alliance anyway ;)

Technically it does require actually using the brain to come up with that one, but it isn't uncommon, seen it around a few worlds, and anything Spartan-themed doesn't bode well with me anymore.

DeletedUser

I refuse to join an alliance with anything Spartan-related in its name, it's just a lack of originality. I associate it with mass-recruiting and poor leaders, who are often pre-teen and can't string a legitimate sentence together.

Right enough, it can be difficult to conjure a name that is both well-known and authentic, without treading on common ground.

DeletedUser345

Technically it does require actually using the brain to come up with that one, but it isn't uncommon, seen it around a few worlds, and anything Spartan-themed doesn't bode well with me anymore.

Ah well then they are just copies... the original alliance should not be mentioned with scorn in this thread though they weren't as good as Phenomen.

DeletedUser12667

Huh, so my thought of naming an alliance The Strange Spartans would not get many to join:( How about Spartanitis or Spartanoobs:heh: And we all name our cities Troy 01, Troy 02, etc...

But I guess I have an odd way of making things enjoyable. So odd that only I find them enjoyable. But just so you know the party over here is awesome if any wants to join me you are welcome to:cool:

DeletedUser

the ELITE Spartans were the best alliance ever to play grepolis and they had the most creative name.

DeletedUser

Early on in Iota there was an alliance we battled... I think it was named something like The Spartan Hordes of Sparta Prime or something like that...

They were awful... but man, did they send some seriously great messed-up email threats... one email I got had nothing but three meandering paragraphs of improperly arranged adverbs and three words that may have been profanities.

DeletedUser

Early on in Iota there was an alliance we battled... I think it was named something like The Spartan Hordes of Sparta Prime or something like that...

They were awful... but man, did they send some seriously great messed-up email threats... one email I got had nothing but three meandering paragraphs of improperly arranged adverbs and three words that may have been profanities.
Welcome to my world... ;)

DeletedUser

They were called The spartan ghosts of Iota. They rose quickly there, but easily fell soon after. They had a counterpart alliance called, Dreamers of Desert armies...they grew very slow...but they became number one in 3 oceans...we battled them, after 13 harsh months...we finnaly got the uper hand and deafeted them.

DeletedUser

Welcome to my world... ;)

lol - "can was so stupiid and for to kill them as yuo and all ther members of you allaince were!"

At first, you think... he must be from South America or Eastern Europe... someplace where English isn't the native language... than you find out the guy is from Ohio.

They were called The spartan ghosts of Iota. They rose quickly there, but easily fell soon after. They had a counterpart alliance called, Dreamers of Desert armies...they grew very slow...but they became number one in 3 oceans...we battled them, after 13 harsh months...we finnaly got the uper hand and deafeted them.

That could well have been them.... I try not to get too involved with the enemy... they're always so unfriendly for some reason.

DeletedUser

I love having a nice conversation with my enemy but with some people it's just too hard.