Heroes - Feedback Thread

DeletedUser15581

I like the idea in general, but a few things favour the defender.

Leonidas is going to be a mess in revolt worlds. you revolt a guy's city before he comes online and assignment takes 3 hours or so, alright. But, by the time revolt goes red, city is stacked with tower (+10%), def bonus (+5%) and now leonidas! (5.5-15%). i guess the devs need to weigh consequences on both revolt and conquest servers. In case of conquest, yes there is a chance that defender doesn't come online with more than 3 hours to go for CS landing, but it will rarely happen in revolt world.

Also, why don't we have a hero to improve attacking power of land units? and zuretha is maximum is only 15%? just like we have attack bonus of 10% and def bonus of 5% from island quest buffs, since a single def buff is used against several incoming attacks and one attack buff can be used only on 1 city, using similar logic, shouldn't zuretha's range be 11-30%?

DeletedUser

Some heroes are OP.

Haha it also reminded me a lot of Age of Mythology...

DeletedUser

As it stands now, we plan to release the feature on new worlds only. Also, there will be ~ 3 markets to receive the feature first. These markets will test the feature for a few weeks before any new worlds of other markets will be affected.

DeletedUser

By new worlds do You mean those that are yet to open or those have opened recently?

DeletedUser25660

Hi Envoy,

Czar has a point, Leonidas' defensive bonus range needs to be reconsidered. Remember the [thread=46071]thread[/thread] where Robbyn44 raised the issue regarding the 30% defense bonus reward from island quests?

DeletedUser

So far, we don't think that the 15% bonus of Leonidas is OP. There are ways to counter this to some degree. I.e. your attack ships could be boosted using Zuretha. Your attacking manticores can be boosted using Urephon.

We will add more heroes over time and offensive heroes are high on the list. ;)

DeletedUser25660

Hmmm, Leonidas' description says 'all defending units will have their combat values increased by 5.5%. At level 20, this increases to 15%.'
If I have a city under revolt with Leonidas assigned to it (with level 25 wall + tower), and I stack it with defensive units from 10 cities... I feel that the city would be mighty difficult to conquer because the bonus applies to all...

Not unless at least 7 cities attack it with Either Urephon or Zuretha assigned in each of them, which means the attacking cities must be from different players.

I guess the only way to find out is for me to try it. Can't wait for the release! :D

DeletedUser

Hmmm, Leonidas' description says 'all defending units will have their combat values increased by 5.5%. At level 20, this increases to 15%.'
If I have a city under revolt with Leonidas assigned to it (with level 25 wall + tower), and I stack it with defensive units from 10 cities... I feel that the city would be mighty difficult to conquer because the bonus applies to all...

Not unless at least 7 cities attack it with Either Urephon or Zuretha assigned in each of them, which means the attacking cities must be from different players.

I guess the only way to find out is for me to try it. Can't wait for the release! :D
Inno had never favoured the attacker, with every update they make defending easier :( if you'd expected anything else I suggest looking for a different game. This a reason many aggressive players have stopped playing, myself included.

DeletedUser33530

Inno had never favoured the attacker, with every update they make defending easier :( if you'd expected anything else I suggest looking for a different game. This a reason many aggressive players have stopped playing, myself included.

Well to be fair grepolis is such a tuff game on noobs that they need to make it easier for the defender otherwise we would have no new players.
English to Innogames translation- no new gold spender ;).

DeletedUser44167

Hero could be like they are in "Total War"
Random characteristics and random values
Some negative
You might have a great warrior but he may hurt your resource production
or not favorable to a certain god so could hurt favor production in certain city

Random pics and could be renamed
"Hey...do I see Lil Ajax in his capital city!!"

And if city is conquered could be a percentage change hero is killed
This could be a characteristic (escape value 26%)

Heros seem kind of static from what I read

DeletedUser829

As it stands now, we plan to release the feature on new worlds only. Also, there will be ~ 3 markets to receive the feature first. These markets will test the feature for a few weeks before any new worlds of other markets will be affected.

Only on new worlds? Can you please add them to the latest Generation Worlds? People have been waiting for these guys for a long time, one of the reasons some of my crew started playing again was the hopes of these guys coming.

So attack another city? If someone has 10 cities, all 10 could be in revolt at the same time. Why just try to kill 1 city when you can go for a 3-5 city gank on a player? Leonidas is 1 man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
why are they not implementing them on existing worlds?

My guess is that they are only releasing on this new world so as to see if any problems arise from the launch. that way if there are bugs they only have to fix them on the one world rather than all 40ish. Additionally Inno may be hoping to gain some more data on how Heroes play out in active worlds as there are only so many people on the beta server who can give feedback. I would imagine that if all goes smoothly and there are no balance issues or bugs the older worlds will get Heroes before too long.

DeletedUser33530

Please for the love of God don't add the heros feature into existing worlds.