Heroes - Feedback Thread

DeletedUser38224

couple of questions about them heroes

why do they not give BP when knocked out?
why are they not added to the wall?
edit added: why do they not need transports? being a hero does not make them able to walk on water

1. Because they don't actually die, they just get wounded.

The Wiki said:
Heroes don‘t die. Following a defeat they are merely wounded and regain their strength over time.

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Heroes

3. Because if they did it would be a pain in the butt.

DeletedUser46324

The developers should know that there will be ALWAYS people that resist the change, and those guys have the biggest mouth. I think that this new feature should be implemented and corrected until it will be permanent. Heroes add a new dimension to this game, makes fights and cities more fun, giving us more strategies to choose and apply. Of course there will be some changes during the game, nothing it's perfect from the first try, but here's my conclusion after testing heroes on last world opened (talking from experience and not from my emotions).

The 2 coins reward for an island quest is perfect. Not too much and enough to make raising coins for a hero a job to work for. I've been hunting as much as I could, sometimes at each 2h was logging to do the quests. To recruit a hero takes from 1 week to several, depending on how much time you spend on the game. As you grow and get more cities and points, you have less quests to do so it is even harder to get the coins! Awesome!!! Their bonus is mostly for the active players that look for the quests strategically.

The fact that you can use gold is very balanced, because you can use it just to switch heroes from the recruitment panel and to heal them. I find the OPEN SLOT facility pretty pointless. The gold users will use the gold to gain cultural points and not getting a new slot for free. It is like paying twice for the same feature, because you'll get the slot as soon as you make a new cultural level. This feature is useful if you have around 40+ cities and the same amount of heroes, because it is too costly to pay for Olympic games, so it's good to buy a slot.

Also raising a hero's level is pretty balanced, so you can't abuse this feature either. You have to choose between recruiting a new hero or raising the level of the current one.

Can't tell nothing about using heroes in battle because it is too early, and using Andomeda lvl 1 in battles is pointless. Or my simulator lies...

Conclusion: heroes feature is pretty balanced and can't wait to try them on a REVOLT world as I hate conquest mode. Hoping that you'll implement heroes faster on all 2014 worlds, at least, and use that island quests count to give us the coins from the quests we did in this time.

Edit: a possible abuse to heroes would be if you would allow coins to be bought with gold. That will make the game too unbalanced towards the gold users and will make casual players to quit this game for other games

Edit 2: About the battle engine. At the first look it seems that heroes are first to fight and loose entire HP. I don't have more means to test it right now as my time is limited, but can you take a look at this issue please

With respect,
2shae

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

The developers should know that there will be ALWAYS people that resist the change, and those guys have the biggest mouth. I think that this new feature should be implemented and corrected until it will be permanent. Heroes add a new dimension to this game, makes fights and cities more fun, giving us more strategies to choose and apply.

Heroes don't affect the game as much as you suggest, in fact, they barely add anything to it.

This is also true however for the people who are against heroes.

DeletedUser829

Please give a server wide vote on the 4th Generation servers to see if the players want heroes implemented.

DeletedUser18132

No, because then if Inno announces that most players are in favor of adding them, the same thing is gonna happen like it happened with 2.0. Players will accuse Inno of rigging the votes, there will be mass protests on the forums, petitions against Heroes, mass quitting, even a few people threatening legal action against Inno like last time. In general, just really bad publicity Inno doesn't want.

DeletedUser42797

Firstly I like the addition of the Heroes to Grepolis, I think that they will add a whole new range of strategies to the game and as a whole benefit my gameplay experience.

I know it is only early days but I see a few flaw that I believe need to be addressed by developers.

1- The chosen Hero has an attack value and a defence value, and hence can contribute as an attacker or a defender, However no BP is awarder to either the attacker or the defender if the Hero is wounded and beaten in the battle.

- The battle report shows a Hero as a kill -1 in reports that I have so far. The hero is unassigned from the town and takes no further part until healed and reassigned.

- I think you should gain BP for Wounding a Hero as you have to defeat the Hero to win the Battle.

2- Heroes can not dodge an incoming attack!

- If someone is trying to farm me or I am trying to dodge clearing waves to defend the CS only, my chosen Hero in the Defending town is left stranded at home resulting in the Hero being wounded and unassigned from my chosen Polis, hence making the hero useless if I choose to dodge clearing waves or farming attempts.

- This is a big flaw!!!!

- Heroes need to be able to dodge!

DeletedUser

- Heroes need to be able to dodge!

You can actually dodge with a hero quite well. Just attack another neighbouring town moments before an attack arrives. As the attack is over, cancel your own (fake) attack. The hero will be back in the town immediately, whereas the other units of the attack will travel back normally.

DeletedUser

just to clear up, heracles does not give favor if he dies in an otherwise won combat, dunno if that is intentional or not

DeletedUser23986

You can actually dodge with a hero quite well. Just attack another neighbouring town moments before an attack arrives. As the attack is over, cancel your own (fake) attack. The hero will be back in the town immediately, whereas the other units of the attack will travel back normally.
thats exactly the issue. Hero gets back immediately and gets wounded, and cannot defend against CS

DeletedUser

agree, the hero should walk/ swim back with the rest, not use a townportal.

Also, why can I not send a hero to an island quest challenge?

DeletedUser

agree, the hero should walk/ swim back with the rest, not use a townportal.

Also, why can I not send a hero to an island quest challenge?

The same reason why You can't send mythical units to island quests.

//I assumed You meant all island quests, e.g supporting challenged where you can't send myths..

DeletedUser

I can send myths to island quest battle challenges, np at all, but no heroes.

Code:
[font=Courier New][b](2014-03-12 21:12) City is attacking Hyithgi (Quest)[/b]
[color=#0000ff]=========================================================[/color]
[b]Attacker[/b]: [b].City[/b] [b]Valkyre Stormbringer[/b] [b]Stoats Of Fury[/b] Morale: 100% Luck: 8 %
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fB1.E1.F1.C3_37_5.png[/img][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/pm/attack_boost.png[/img]
  131   117     1     9 
[color=#b50307]    5     3     0     0 [/color]
[color=#0000ff]---------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[b]Defender[/b]: [b]Hyithgi[/b] [b]none[/b]   
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fA1.D1_37_5.png[/img]
   24    18 
[color=#b50307]   24    18 [/color]
[color=#0000ff]---------------------------------------------------------[/color]
Gained resources:
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fS1S2S3.png[/img]
 4113  4113  4114 
   [img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fZ1Z2Z3Z4Z5.png[/img]   [b]Losses[/b]
      995      860     1280       14        0 [b]Attacker[/b]
     2280     1350     4740       42        0 [b]Defender[/b]
[color=#0000ff]=========================================================[/color]
[url=http://grepolis.potusek.eu/]Grepolis Report Converter[/url] - ver. 2.2.5 created by Potusek[/font]

its a good way to get more loot out of them after all.

I just would like to be able to send heracles to them as well to gain favor if 50 or more

DeletedUser38224

It kind of makes sense since it's a regular attack, you gain BP, loot resources, lose units, etc. However, I'm not sure how good it would be to have in the game, since you're gaining favor against a non-existent player.