Heroes Introduction

DeletedUser30490

atleast it will kinda balance the need to select a reward in the island quests

DeletedUser9465

In all honesty, I think it's a needless complication of the game and I am afraid that all these "role play game" type additions will transform grepolis into something very different and not necessarily better. In my opinion, the quests already altered the game beyond what it's acceptable (I am talking about the +30% defense bonus, a real nightmare that makes attacking pretty much useless and very frustrating) and I would rather prefer to see the quests removed and the heroes not implemented. In my opinion, the developers should better focus on improving the game as it is, by removing the bugs and finding ways to detect the multiaccounters and the usage of illegal scripts. Also, a real improvement would be the implementation of a non-simming way to win a world. Cause the world wonders ain't one.

DeletedUser30490

but choosing between rewards will be abit more harder because to but heroes you need some coins(cant remember the names) and when you complete a quest you have to choose between these.But players could still go for the 30% DEF bonuses if they want....So what i say is make completing quests abit more harder.
And implement heroes they would be a real good addition

DeletedUser

Honestly, i think this needs more riping time.

For example, how comes Helen has a blunt attack of 40 ? Is she some kind of gorilla ? She's actually stronger than a divine envoy. OK, she's a "hero", but this just defies any logic.
On the other hand, i find her "special power" rather weak and useless.

The other issue that bothers me is this XP-resources conversion. I think a hero should gain XP only through combat or using a special power.

Hercules is supposed to be an all-rounder, how comes he only has a ranged attack ? Seems he's a hero, wouldn't it be more fun to give him all three attacks ?

Just random thoughts like that

DeletedUser345

The main annoyance I have is the innogames' team compete misunderstanding of who hero's were. leonidas is not a hero in any aspect. I guess you cou'd say helen was a hero but that wou'd be grasping at straws.

DeletedUser

The main annoyance I have is the innogames' team compete misunderstanding of who hero's were. leonidas is not a hero in any aspect. I guess you cou'd say helen was a hero but that wou'd be grasping at straws.
We are not sticking 100% to the lore, as that would restrict us. Grepolis is not focused around story-telling. The game is strong due to its game mechanics and that's why we wanted to have cool functional heroes, rather than having heroes that are 100% up to the lore.

If we are starting to discuss the lore, think about the medusa in the game. There have only been 3 gorgons (in the mythology), and Medusa was a single individual. In Grepolis, you can recruit multiple medusas. :/

DeletedUser

We are not sticking 100% to the lore, as that would restrict us. Grepolis is not focused around story-telling. The game is strong due to its game mechanics and that's why we wanted to have cool functional heroes, rather than having heroes that are 100% up to the lore.

If we are starting to discuss the lore, think about the medusa in the game. There have only been 3 gorgons (in the mythology), and Medusa was a single individual. In Grepolis, you can recruit multiple medusas. :/

so who are the heroes you guys have selected apart from leonidas, helen and hercules

DeletedUser

None, just those 3 so far.

I agree with Robbyn though, all these new fancy add-ons are great for drawing new players and appealing to a broader market, but really, fix what is broke before you add more things.

Im talking about WW's and world release speeds. I don't feel botters and script users are very widespread, i have yet to see one in any of my alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22650

Agreed seriously low server player bases and a lot of in my mind misguided additions such as morale, revolt, clicky farming, world wonders, shared dbp, have already watered the gameplay down to barely recognisable as it is, I can't see anything so far to convince me these heroes and quests aren't another step in a simmy direction :(

Trying to make this post a bit more positive Id like to see a server type set up for purists who liked the simple player v player brutality of early grepolis before shared dbp etc changed the mentality of the player base from a time where attacking was everything and hitting the milestones were the main goals of the best players, without the end game features or entry conditions of the hero servers which I think were on the right track but just missed what the vets were looking for what with morale being active and not enough ppl joining them

DeletedUser

WOW..the game just got
complicated really..come on :(
but heroes are a good idea and will make the game interesting as well

DeletedUser345

How would it restrict you? There are so many actual heroes out there that could be used; Theseus, Perseus etc. you could just give these heroes the same functions as you do for the current 'non-heroes'. I personally will make it my mission to scourge all of grepolis from Leonidas heroes.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser40834

I have to say I really hope all these new additions don't push us too far in the wrong direction I love this game and I play it for the battles with other players and strategy so I can try rack up BP and become known for exactly that not for completeing quests and other non-battle related tasks for little awards in my profile.

DeletedUser

See that people are being really negative about these, so I will say that I think they look very interesting and am excited for them. I think they will add a new dynamic to the game and add in even more strategy, I don't mind leonidas as a hero as there is plenty of things about grepo that are not realistic.

It will be very interesting to see how these effect gamplay, I am sure they won't be perfect right away like with any new feature, but I am sure Inno will work on making them what the community would like. My only gripe so far is the use of resources to level up your character, I really think either bp or them actually fighting in battles should be what levels them up. Using resources will just promote more simming imo, where as if people have to fight to level up their heroes that may create more combat and give people more reason to attack and battle.

DeletedUser19042

Personally I'm not really 'excited' about them. This way Grepolis is like going to follow Evony on that matter.

DeletedUser

Personally I'm not really 'excited' about them. This way Grepolis is like going to follow Evony on that matter.
^This and much much more, but this is a thread for discussing heros, so I won't go down that road at this time.

DeletedUser

I think that it is a good addition IMO.
Ok, it is a bit odd that Helena has such a strong attack. But whatever. As The Envoy said, this game is not really accurate in stuff like that. Armies being recruited 1 at a time for example.

The other heros are good IMO, I didn't recognise the names of some but i'm sure those who know ancient greek mythology will recognise them.

I remember a wave of ideas about people being able to recruit special units to lead armies etc, and now we have it! It is a fairly well balanced addition, realistically it is going to take you over a week or so to get a hero. My only issue is that they 'heal' for nothing.

It is a one-off buy if I am correct... I think that your hero should be out of action until you have enough coins to heal them.

Other than that though, i like 'em.

DeletedUser

This is ridiculous. There are a million terrible games with heroes and leaders and XP and shop bonuses and an option to pay $5 for a purple-dress-for-your-Helen-hero-icon type of games. This is trash. These heroes don't add any real strategy to the game in any way except for having another evony like feature to play with, my lord.

I say take all these great ideas and make a facebook game out of them. Leave grepolis alone. (well there's quite a few things to do actually, just not heroes)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13405

Agreed seriously low server player bases and a lot of in my mind misguided additions such as morale, revolt, clicky farming, world wonders, shared dbp, have already watered the gameplay down to barely recognisable as it is, I can't see anything so far to convince me these heroes and quests aren't another step in a simmy direction :(

Trying to make this post a bit more positive Id like to see a server type set up for purists who liked the simple player v player brutality of early grepolis before shared dbp etc changed the mentality of the player base from a time where attacking was everything and hitting the milestones were the main goals of the best players, without the end game features or entry conditions of the hero servers which I think were on the right track but just missed what the vets were looking for what with morale being active and not enough ppl joining them

This. Could not have said it better myself. The point of the game is pvp...not some silly simmer's paradise.