Heroes

• Thread starter DeletedUser33385
  • Start date

DeletedUser33385

I think Grepolis should add heroes in the old worlds. IS it right?

DeletedUser44027

... And, of course, another lazy poster who doesn't bother to inform themselves. Read, mate. Heroes (probably) will, eventually, be ported to the old worlds. As for a good idea... I doubt it.

DeletedUser41523

Please no, don't do this.

Much beg, very scared, such fear for bad update.

DeletedUser5819

No. That's a terrible idea. As dez said, it might happen if the old worlds don't finish first, but please don't incite anyone to rush it >:-(

DeletedUser

I don't think that it is too bad of an idea to add this feature to older worlds. A game without bigger features over time will eventually die out imo. Is there a thread where someone has made a deep analysis of the pros and cons of the heroes feature? I would like to understand why people fear this update so much.

DeletedUser5819

I don't think that it is too bad of an idea to add this feature to older worlds. A game without bigger features over time will eventually die out imo.
I am not sure how that would be a reason to add them to older worlds, which have a lifespan anyway since the endgame was introduced. Many of the people already playing and established would like not to have this feature added in to existing worlds. People who would like to play with the new feature have the ability to join worlds which have them, whereas sticking them in existing worlds would take away choice from those who would prefer to play without them, or people who would like to do both. They will be ubiquitous soon enough as older worlds end.

Have you read any of the discussions and opinions on them up to now?
Is there a thread where someone has made a deep analysis of the pros and cons of the heroes feature? I would like to understand why people fear this update so much.
There are a few places they have been discussed. The official one is here. A more recent one here, but if you read around the forum you will find them mentioned elsewhere. The indepthnes of the discussions is likely to increase as more people use them and over longer periods.

DeletedUser32373

No heroes better not be added...that's the only reason i'm still playing these old worlds ;)

DeletedUser41523

I think the fear comes from what happened with 2.0 and world wonders.

Old Grepo worlds were promised to be untouched and not updated, then there was a vote, which many people thought was rigged, and finally 2.0 hit old Grepo worlds. To make it better, worlds that already had the WW requirements still had to wait the 6 months. So the world population plummeted and those who wanted to finish their world typically were complaining about how they had to play for 6 months in an update that they hated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

Just looking and wondering if Heros will have much impact on already established worlds if they are ported across.

As a guide im thinking in my head of en65 which is well developed, but not yet at ww.

Heroes of war.

Atalanta
At level 1, an army led by Atalanta moves 11% faster. This applies to all units in the army. At level 20, this value increases to 30%

Wont have a massive impact on the game, but the extra speed could make things fun, but as most players will be attacking from many many cities at once will have limited impact.

Heracles
At level 1, whenever Heracles wins an honorable fight you will instantly receive 22 favor for the god worshipped in your city. At level 20, this increases to 60 favour. You will only receive favor if you got at least 50 battle points.

Will just boost favor, again, i dont think this will have a massive impact on an established world.

At level 1, when Leonidas is defending a city, all defending units will have their combat values increased by 5.5%. At level 20, this increases to 15%.
I think people will argue that defenders already have enough bonus's. But again, considering most players in an established world have 15 or more cities, having one Leonidas wont have a huge impact.

Urephon - At level 1, mythical units have their combat values increased by 5,5% when fighting together with Urephon. At level 20, this increases to 15%.
Might have some impact but not much. Less than using gold to get Priestess. Might bolster some guys who have mythical defences, again, think the effect will be minimal.

Zuretha - At level 1, ships have their combat values increased by 5.5% when fighting together with Zuretha. At level 20, this increases to 15%.
Will make the LS nukes a bit more effective, but really, we are only talking increasing a 200 LS nuke to the equivallent of 210-220.. hardly major.

Overall with heros of war, if they get introduced to old worlds I really cant see them having a huge impact. they certainly wont compensate for good tactics and planning. the effect of them will be minimal.

DeletedUser42857

Wisdom heroes.

Andromeda - At level 1, as long as Andromeda is assigned to a city, the base production of wood, rock, and silver coins is increased by 16.5& in that city. At level 20, this value increases to 45%.
Little or no impact on an established world with big players.

Chiron - While Chiron is assigned to a town, he will reduce the costs and recruitment time of hoplites by 22%. At level 20, this increases to 60%.
Ok, this one I can see established players using for nuke basis. But again, when you already are using population growth, recruitment bonus's and gold it wont have huge impact, but will certainly benefit some players. Can see smaller non-gold users benefitting.

Ferkyon - At level 1, as long as Ferkyon is assigned to a city, all land units will be recruited 11% faster in that city. At level 20, this increases to 30%.
as above

Helen - When Helen is assigned to a town, buying units from the Phoenician trader is 22% cheaper in that town. At level 20, this increases to 60%.
Meh.

Orpheus - At level 1, when Orpheus is assigned to a city and you generate a culture point by means of a festival, there is a 33% chance that you will generate an additional culture. At level 20, there is a 90% chance.
Lower ranked players will still go the BP route to get levels and save their resources, will benefit bigger players who have resources to burn, if they can be bothered to move her from city to city. But again, considering the amount of culture points you need at high levels to get a new city spot, the effect will be minimal.

Terylea - At level 1, as long as Terylea is assigned to a city, the base production silver coins is increased by 44% in that city. At level 20, this increases to 120%
Fairly useless in an established world except in a dedicated spying base if you really burn through silver.

Overall I cant see what the fuss is about moving hero's to established worlds. the impact for large players will be minimal. I can see hero's being good for new players in a new world when they get lots of island quests, can get their hero's quickly and then use them early in teh game to build up.

By the time a player has 10-15 cities, I cant see them being used a huge amount. Lot of fuss about nothing. Id have a guess that a lot of the players will hardly use them, if at all. I do think the impact of hero's is being grossly overestimated

of course thats not including their battle strength as well, but they arent really that much stronger than most mythical units.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Exactly. Very well said. Heroes aren't game breaking like the vocal minority keeps screaming. They are simply extra features that improve gameplay a bit. You can only have 1 of each hero and it takes some time to move a hero between cities so you can't simply instantly move a hero over to a town to get that instant defense or offense boost. Plus leveling a hero to 20 takes quite a bit of time and cannot be sped up by gold. So this is a feature that does not benefit premium users anymore than non premium users.

DeletedUser38224

I'm crossing my fingers that they have the flag effect, and not the WW effect on worlds.

DeletedUser41523

Shouldn't the Hercules thing be increased beyond 50 BP victories? I'd be able to spam Harpy/Manti nukes if that's the case, especially in no morale worlds.

1) Take a city in a poorly skilled area, move Herc there. Start taking out enemy towns
2) Dedicate a portion of a sling nuke to being killed off every day by the town with Herc in it repeatedly.

Chiron jumps from 22% to 60% in both cost of hoplites and their training time. Given the already existing training time spell from quests, the pop growth, the trainer research, conscription, AND gold. This definitely can be abused to produce an otherwise time consuming unit.

DeletedUser25660

Good point Smilodon, Still, I personally would like to see heroes in established worlds, I've been waiting for the "Coming Soon" too long in Nicaea.

DeletedUser32373

Well tbh I think Chiron is the worst hero in a Revolt world, and the fact that you can only use him in one city stills balances out, but yes I agree if you land on a red island you could build 3000 hops in a couple days or so and be a monstrous pain in the A$$ for the rest of your alliance.

DeletedUser33385

I don't think that it is too bad of an idea to add this feature to older worlds. A game without bigger features over time will eventually die out imo. Is there a thread where someone has made a deep analysis of the pros and cons of the heroes feature? I would like to understand why people fear this update so much.

I agree with you.

DeletedUser33530

Exactly. Very well said. Heroes aren't game breaking like the vocal minority keeps screaming. They are simply extra features that improve gameplay a bit. You can only have 1 of each hero and it takes some time to move a hero between cities so you can't simply instantly move a hero over to a town to get that instant defense or offense boost. Plus leveling a hero to 20 takes quite a bit of time and cannot be sped up by gold. So this is a feature that does not benefit premium users anymore than non premium users.

Key word VOCAL. I'm in an alliance with 200 guys (MRA probably but we make it work ;)) and around maybe 25 of them are new to the game. All the rest have some experience and maybe 10 of them have forum accounts. Now in this alliance I haven't seen one person ever disagree with my views on heros being a dumb feature. So now out of 200 guys 11 including me (and this is likely over estimating) can be vocal and say the feature stinks. The odds that any of those guys will be as vocal as me are non-existent so maybe 5 of them will get noticed. So out of 200 guys all who have shown no support for this feature only 5 will be noticed for it and they are now seen as a minority. I highly doubt that my alliance is the only who where this event happens so there are likely thousands of guys who don't want the feature but who cares about the "minority".

DeletedUser44027

My problem with heroes is that it makes it more annoying to farm inactives and simmers (or anyone for that matter), and to dodge you have to send your hero to attack some place because they can't support.
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser33530

My problem with heroes is that it makes it more annoying to farm inactives and simmers (or anyone for that matter), and to dodge you have to send your hero to attack some place because they can't support.
:rolleyes:

It's evens out and I think they will fix that. I just think it's too large of a strategy changer to add into 3 gen worlds. 4 gen I could care less most guys there probably want the feature.