Passed Heroes

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have a solution to the losing myth units issue. Make it so that you can only choose a hero of the god you worship and it costs 250 favour to choose. If you want to change hero you must change the god you worship and once again pay 250 favour. However, you can stop using a hero for free without having to change god or use favour. This means you can reomve the negatives that you do not want, you will also lose the positives, but you will not lose the myth units.

DeletedUser

I love this idea and would love for it to be implemented yes vote for me

DeletedUser

I'm worried that it might make battles a lot more unpredictable. Grepolis is already a very unpredictable game that favors the defender. A person sitting on defense can just choose +x% more strength to his troops without carrying much for his troop's speed. It is hard as it is to clear a city, and even more difficult to keep an active farm cleared. This will again put the larger, more active, premium players at a big disadvantage.

DeletedUser

What about larger and active non-premium players. Don't forget about us.

DeletedUser

i think that this is a good idea that could really help the game

DeletedUser

I'm just worried it will give another advantage to the defense in Grepolis. It's no secret Grepolis favours defense heavily. An extra bonus to a BPa farm will just be ridiculous. Just think about it, I have some 10k farms with phalanx researched and a constantly rebuilding wall. Already they have a lvl 15-25 wall, as well as phalanx (don't think I have anyone with a commander). Getting a hero with a boost to troop strength will make my BPa farming even more unprofitable (as will for other BPa farmers out there). The farm will gain strenth in turn for losing speed, which means nothing to them as they just turtle anyways. Now if I want to gain that bonus, I will be heavily weakened due to my speed, as I won't use it just for farming that farm, but may be for special operations. Again the bigger players lose while the already heavily at advantage small players gain another upper hand.

DeletedUser2663

some of those hero's incress offensive capabilities as well though dont forget.

DeletedUser

I mentioned that. But I'm saying that those offensive capabilities come at a price to the attacker, and at no price to the defender (ie. speed reduction). I'm just trying to keep this a fair discussion and point out that there are some pessimistic effects to this idea as well.Not trying to offend anyone's opinion. I know it must have taken Eclipse a while and quite a bit of effort to come up with this rather elaborate idea. Though I still stick to my pessimistic view on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually most of the defensive type of heros do carry a penalty that will hurt even a turtle. Slower production, greater cost, etc.

DeletedUser

i voted yes and i agree with the yes men.
ether way if you defensive or offensive you lose something as well as gaining, now some of the effects can be just reversed by simple research in the academy and that is where the library gains more value and by building the light house you can regain what you lost.
I also like the idea of not switching gods just too chose another hero that maybe from the same god/goddess. another thing is the fact that if in alliance and no enemies around you then just need to turn city into pure defense with tower, as well as library depending on hero and disadvantages. or go with thermal baths. the heroes will make the final buildings more valuable then they already are.
also i think this is an improvement if it goes in effect or not but i think we need to allow the heroes too move form city too city as well at fight only because you will never have the same hero fighting each other and if you do it can't be draw because of city wall, god powers, troop count (like 1 Jason with 300 slings V.S. 1 Jason with 300 swordsmen swords win with 82 swords left and Jason) ect. also if they move could they go from one city too another? if so could help other cities and is it like myths where you need the same god/goddess as the city you are sending it too.

just my 2 cents idc if it goes in effect but would be interesting
~Mick Jagger

DeletedUser

I had thought about the same thing, but I gave up when I realized that would be silly like, having two different cities having the same hero. It doesn't make sense... Is not like a mythical creature, whose characteristics are non-specific. You can have as many as you can and pretend they are different beings. But a hero is a specific character, and if I have Hercules in my city, and I'm attacked by a player using Hercules... Where's the point of it?

I'm working on an idea for heroes, and might post it soon.

You're right, Eclipse, heroes are a very important part of the Greek Mythology and they need to be part of this game.

Cheers!

DeletedUser

Poll Closed. Vote Passed. Idea will be presented to the developers, and I will return with feedback.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.