Passed Heroes

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Not trying to sound annoying, but Oedipus isn't a son of Zeus.

DeletedUser

You can't add Castor now that all of the gods have got their heroes :p

Unless you change one

DeletedUser

Idea moved to Development Discussions. There will be 1 week for refining, then a poll will be added.

DeletedUser

The Heroes have nothing to do with being the son of a God. Sure if it applies, then I'll make the corresponding match, but it doesn't matter.

DeletedUser10850

what if the same hero ended up fighting himself (ex: Achilles vs Achilles), that wouldn't have a winner it would be a draw and it wouldnt make sense really. thats my only concern.

no there wouldnt be a draw because there would still be luck and the city wall.

DeletedUser

Achilles
Positive: Barracks operate 10% faster
Negative: Resources for land units cost 10% more

Jason
Positive: +20% silver production
Negative: Warehouse can store 2500 less resources

Odysseus
Positive: Naval units fight 10% stronger
Negative: All units travel 15% slower

It seems that Athena seems to be a little :(
SO that would make Athena the worst god because her god powers aren't the best and Her units are either to expensive or just not good enough.

DeletedUser

Would there ability's affect all city's or only cities with that god.

DeletedUser

Concern: Can switch Heroes at any time when needed for benefits.
Counter: Requires 250 Favor from the Gods to choose. Also, cannot switch Heroes once you select one unless you change your God/Goddess

I have an issue with not being able to change the heros without changing the God you worship. Considering the fact that when you change the God you worship, you lose all of the mythological troops that you have, it seems a little rediculious to go through all of that just to change your hero. Especially because with every positive they give you, there is a directly attributed negative associated.

Honestly I feel as though there should be no negative effect assocated with heroes, after all, that kind of defeats the purpose of a hero, as they are supposed to be leaders, and anything negative associated with them would make them ordinary beings not worthy to be called heros.

Any who, I would rather see it cost 350+ favor to change heros then end up losing my mythological troops just to change from one hero to another.

One more thing, the negatives associated with this far outweigh the positives, if any negatives are to be associated, they should be minor, after all, anyone can choose to use heroes, it's not like only certian players can have certian heros.

That's my two cents.

DeletedUser

If you don't want the negatives, don't choose a hero. Picking a hero is strickly optional the way Eclipse was presented this idea. I can see times where it would be more beneficial not to have a hero. The choice is entirely yours. The idea needs to have some negatives with it in order for it to balanced. Otherwise heros would be no different than the gods, and they are not gods.

DeletedUser

I have an issue with not being able to change the heros without changing the God you worship. Considering the fact that when you change the God you worship, you lose all of the mythological troops that you have, it seems a little rediculious to go through all of that just to change your hero. Especially because with every positive they give you, there is a directly attributed negative associated.

Honestly I feel as though there should be no negative effect assocated with heroes, after all, that kind of defeats the purpose of a hero, as they are supposed to be leaders, and anything negative associated with them would make them ordinary beings not worthy to be called heros.

Any who, I would rather see it cost 350+ favor to change heros then end up losing my mythological troops just to change from one hero to another.

One more thing, the negatives associated with this far outweigh the positives, if any negatives are to be associated, they should be minor, after all, anyone can choose to use heroes, it's not like only certian players can have certian heros.

That's my two cents.

So you lose the few myths you made. i barely ever make them.

DeletedUser

If you don't want the negatives, don't choose a hero. Picking a hero is strickly optional the way Eclipse was presented this idea. I can see times where it would be more beneficial not to have a hero. The choice is entirely yours. The idea needs to have some negatives with it in order for it to balanced. Otherwise heros would be no different than the gods, and they are not gods.

I understand that, but say perhaps I choose a hero that I wanted to use, and then came apon a time where his effects ultimately were a negative to me, in order to get rid of the hero, I would have to lose all of my myth units. Maybe the negatives should be lessened, as this would often solve this problem, no hero should have a negative that outweighs the benifits. Gaining a measly 10% just to lose 50% in another area isn't exactly beneficial for long term use, which having to change Gods to change heros would force many people to make their heroes to become long term, even though, as it seems, their benifits are only useful for short term durations.

DeletedUser

Voted yes, but would also like to see Blind Antelope's Hero Idea added to the game too. Hmmm... too lazy to find Blind Antelopes thread though. :D

DeletedUser

Voted yes, but would also like to see Blind Antelope's Hero Idea added to the game too. Hmmm... too lazy to find Blind Antelopes thread though. :D

I voted yes too, but I would like to see Blind Antelope's idea implemented too..........oH damn.............that's me!
You could call mine a leader/captain, cause I wanted a mobile unit that gets experience from fights!@

Status
Not open for further replies.