Pnp Hide and go Seek with Seraphim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30111

I feel the need to clarify some things posted by our "former" member here.
We at EG have had a couple of "elite" players leave, but every one of these players mentioned has quit Troy, not just EG.
TheUno was banned, Krynge quit Troy and Julio quit Troy.

The only exception to this was a former leader that went power crazy and kicked players for attacked non-pacted alliances and deleted forum posts for no reason. This leader was asked to leave in an effort for us to have a stronger alliance.

If you all must know the history of EG...

And for all those out there talking bad about Goku, JEALOUSY, all I can say, you wish you were the leader of the best alliance in Troy, but you don't even get to part of it, haha.

DeletedUser

I feel the need to clarify some things posted by our "former" member here.
We at EG have had a couple of "elite" players leave, but every one of these players mentioned has quit Troy, not just EG.
TheUno was banned, Krynge quit Troy and Julio quit Troy.

The only exception to this was a former leader that went power crazy and kicked players for attacked non-pacted alliances and deleted forum posts for no reason. This leader was asked to leave in an effort for us to have a stronger alliance.

If you all must know the history of EG...

And for all those out there talking bad about Goku, JEALOUSY, all I can say, you wish you were the leader of the best alliance in Troy, but you don't even get to part of it, haha.

lol we shall see about that. you can't really say your the best alliance in troy when you haven't won

DeletedUser

-goku- has very bad grepostats spread throughout a few worlds, he is not a seasoned veteran as he says.

Do I really? haha

Troy is my main world and I play Marathon for fun. I might have clicked on some others just to see what was going on in the world but then quit. You might be confusing me with some other Gokus haha, and I never did say I was a seasoned veteran. Although I do consider my skills average ;)

DeletedUser

So there's no best team until a winner is declared? I've never heard of that in any sport/game?
Based on stats we are the best, and any stat where we aren't, we're pacted with the best.
And we did take out a top 5 alliance in 1 day....

That s not really worth replying. Maybe you are one of EG members who does not really read the forum like here check out the posts.
You have not won any "war" you might only call this battle. Pact with the best, EG run to IWW because they were afraid, and then really really happy to have a pact with them. Dont know exactly why IWW made this pact but however.

Even in sports you have not the best after a winner is declared, at the beginning you do have favs. To be not part of EG is the best thing what could happen to you. I dont want to point out recruitment issues at EG, there arent even any limits or requirements. Why do you need a role call, if people dont participate? Is it because you hope they become more active? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Keep the threads coming, enjoying these :)

Awesome to see so much forum banter so early on!

<3 you guys

DeletedUser

Goku -To me you are only a sim city player. It is not about collecting points Goku at one city. It is to conquer cities, that's how the game works. ;)

Hello my name is Goku and I like points :D

DeletedUser

Goku -To me you are only a sim city player. It is not about collecting points Goku at one city. It is to conquer cities, that's how the game works. ;)

lol why conquer cities, erasing someones work isn't very gentlemanlike *sarcasm*

DeletedUser

L3G3ND** and Kanga, please forgive me for a few things I'm about to include in my response to the rather churlish and cretinous statements of a few who were not around to know exactly what went down with Seraphim and have made quite a few disparaging remarks against the quality of the Extraordinary Gentlemen alliance and Goku, in particular.

Firstly, for the one who thought himself intelligent enough to comment on the grammar of others within the forum, it is within this instance that it appears to be the pot calling the kettle black. You boast to have the ability to compose a literate post and yet as I've read through all of your rebuttals, you seem to have lost the ability to capitalize and include correct punctuation. Also, let us not forget your use of the word "even" which is in fact grammatically incorrect in the way it's being used in your statements. As you have said, English is not your primary language and of course, that is all fine and well, but before you decide to flame others for being incorrect, perhaps you should remember that you, yourself, are not at all perfect and there are those such as myself, who will call you out on your mistakes.

Now. On to a rebuttal to the one posting about Death's Measure and how Extraordinary Gentlemen is so much worse, etcetera, etcetera. Deaths Measure is, in fact, a wonderful alliance. They are well-organized, loyal to their leader and they do get things done with an eye for well-timed strategy and everyone agreeing on a common goal. Seraphim, my own former alliance, was also wonderful. And in that, I mean it was formed of players who were dedicated to one another. I was very fortunate and blessed to have the privilege to work with them and always will those friendships formed be cherished. The problem with Seraphim was the lack of good leadership due to inexperience and immaturity, thus why it began to crumble and the decision was made for the merge into Death's Measure.

I had to make a very difficult decision in that instance, had to take into account every possible scenario and having decided to join Extraordinary Gentlemen, I can personally vouch for the fact it isn't as you claim it to be which tells me your rant is based more on opinion and perhaps the ranting fury of one who was unable to reach the standards expected by the alliance. The forums are very well organized and easy to understand. Goku, Sable...everyone I have met so far have been helpful and welcoming.

DeletedUser

You really show your ignorance of the fundamentals of war, then. One cannot fight without a functioning economy, (something the world is currently learning). Building a city is about creating an economy, to make sure you have enough resources to train enough troops to win enough wars. The higher the level of your city, the faster you can grow. One person with 3 10k cities is more likely to beat someone with 9 2-5k cities. You have to invest in your cities to grow them, while the other guy focuses on building a few thousand soldiers and the like to come knocking on your door.

Also, remember, that this is a WW world. This means you need built up economies to actually win the game, why not set out and build it right first time round, then, when it comes to the WW period, you have the resources necessary to win the world and build those WW.

For those who have never reached the WW stage, trust me - its the biggest pain you can ever face. It requires copious amounts of resources to actually get anywhere near completion.

@ Lady: well said ;) 1-0 to the Spider Queen!

DeletedUser

I apologize, ArShark, but when I need to say something, I will say it loudly. ;)

And thank you, Boh. :*

DeletedUser

I have never seen good players building up their cities first and then start to conquer. The higher your city the fewer your farm space, mate. Economy is based here on activeness, how often you farm, it's not about timer or quarry. Of course this helps later on. More troops more farming possibilities, farm other players get more resources, ergo build up faster.

So you surely know that for WW you have to own islands within your alliance. At least some of the alliances around try to fortify islands. And according to bp and defense points the whole thing does not get better.

I lady Arachne was never in the situation to not reach any expectations. I was rather disappointed by the fact which expectation EG has to his players. It was the other way round. I have better experience in other alliances. I have witnessed other really elite alliance in the world of grepo in other worlds, but not here. (only can talk about EG) And it is not because of pure opinion but also experience.

It smells like probity around here

DeletedUser

I have never seen good players building up their cities first and then start to conquer. The higher your city the fewer your farm space, mate. Economy is based here on activeness, how often you farm, it's not about timer or quarry. Of course this helps later on. More troops more farming possibilities, farm other players get more resources, ergo build up faster.

So you surely know that for WW you have to own islands within your alliance. At least some of the alliances around try to fortify islands. And according to bp and defense points the whole thing does not get better.

I lady Arachne was never in the situation to not reach any expectations. I was rather disappointed by the fact which expectation EG has to his players. It was the other way round. I have better experience in other alliances. I have witnessed other really elite alliance in the world of grepo in other worlds, but not here. (only can talk about EG) And it is not because of pure opinion but also experience.

I understand what you are meaning, perromil, and it really is a matter of opinion as I believe Goku stated in an earlier post. Mine and your opinions differ, which is alright. At least we can talk about it civilly and treat one another with respect. :)

DeletedUser

I disagree with you on some points, but its a free world, we are allowed to do so ;) But yes, you are right on a lot of it. If you want to secure islands, though, why not colonise? :p :D

I find the frequency of people tossing around statements like 'simmer', 'MRA' and 'Elite' to be misguiding and really, often they are used inappropriately. There is a difference between a Big Alliance and a MRA and an elite alliance and a good alliance and a small alliance. If someone chooses to grow their city, while leading a successful alliance, does this make them a simmer? Or just a good leader?

Elite alliances may grow up, but if there is no elite alliances, is this a bad thing? At least it removes the peacock strutting you see on other worlds ;)

DeletedUser30111

That s not really worth replying. Maybe you are one of EG members who does not really read the forum like here check out the posts.
You have not won any "war" you might only call this battle. Pact with the best, EG run to IWW because they were afraid, and then really really happy to have a pact with them. Dont know exactly why IWW made this pact but however.

Even in sports you have not the best after a winner is declared, at the beginning you do have favs. To be not part of EG is the best thing what could happen to you. I dont want to point out recruitment issues at EG, there arent even any limits or requirements. Why do you need a role call, if people dont participate? Is it because you hope they become more active? :D

Ok...
A) I'm on the forums all the time, and I'm not really sure what you're even saying here
B) Causing an alliance to disband = winning a war, a war doesn't require a set time period, and top 5 alliances fighting to the death = war
C) The IWW pact was a strategically set up pact, talked about before war broke out, every alliance needs pacts to survive, and IWW is our only pact, we don't run to anyone because we could stand up to any alliance on our own, if you don't believe me, ask ex-Seraphim members for IWW attack reports.
C) Have you never heard of rankings in sports, happens all the time.
D) I don't think EG has recruitment issues, look at out members, some of the best, highest average points and BP (I believe) if anything, it's the alliances with worst averages than us who have recruiting issues.

DeletedUser11965

IWW and EG, no we're merging and becoming Extraordinary War Wolves or Irish Gentlemen

DeletedUser30111

Legend really? We're just discussing the war and what's happened, we aren't talking bad about each other or doing anything to get the thread locked.

And we'd def be called the Extraordinary Irish Gentlewolves

DeletedUser

Legend really? We're just discussing the war and what's happened, we aren't talking bad about each other or doing anything to get the thread locked.

And we'd def be called the Extraordinary Irish Gentlewolves

You guys are talking about war but also flaming on other alliances at the same time , i mean no disrespect when i said the recent comment but if the thread get's locked we'll see who's right

DeletedUser

I don't think this is in 'locking' territory yet tbh, more like 'forum mod watch that thread' territory.

So far, there has just been opposing opinions chucked at each side, from each side... I don't see anything inherently wrong so far.

Amusing I must say, so far :)

Edit - I know what side is winning the debate, in my opinion and probably in many peoples... They are the same ones impressing mostly in game so far... Ofc it is early and lots of game stuff to be played (anyone who isn't a crybaby runaway newbie will know this) but they are repping themselves forum wise and game wise the best, so far :)

DeletedUser

aussie-haterade.gif

try this :D

Edit:
Ok...
A) I'm on the forums all the time, and I'm not really sure what you're even saying here
B) Causing an alliance to disband = winning a war, a war doesn't require a set time period, and top 5 alliances fighting to the death = war
C) The IWW pact was a strategically set up pact, talked about before war broke out, every alliance needs pacts to survive, and IWW is our only pact, we don't run to anyone because we could stand up to any alliance on our own, if you don't believe me, ask ex-Seraphim members for IWW attack reports.
C) Have you never heard of rankings in sports, happens all the time.
D) I don't think EG has recruitment issues, look at out members, some of the best, highest average points and BP (I believe) if anything, it's the alliances with worst averages than us who have recruiting issues.

A and B it is really pathetic to call it war. If you are going straight for the definition then yes it might call it war, but in my point of view you cant call this war. :D

C) oh yes strategically. I was with EG so please dont lie in my face that badly. So you might now there was even a vote on the forums to make a pact with seraphim. And 27 (!!!!!) voted for yes. lol. Then suddenly some players pointed out that DM and Seraphim are on the same side and would rather merge than fight against, so the pact was quite useless (I was one of the players). So nothing happened no one got info what happened. But one day suddenly everyone was happy to have a pact with IWW (before this pact, everyone was talking about war with IWW as well mhm?) in the forum everyone was so happy to be pact with the leading number one alliance -sure because everyone judged them on points etc. Ah and forgot to mention EG had a pact with an alliance who promised to merge when time comes. lol but this alliance was located in a different ocean.
C) you can compare that e.g. with the champions league or the WM, or EM in football, you do have many matches and after the teams played against each other the best one is declared. But in the end it's just a matter of opinion.
D) dont have recruitment issues? Is there a reason some are invited because of no reason. EG has some good players but also lone wolves, in the end it is all about luck who joins whom. I dont think you dont have any players who came over as a bunch.
And why do you only believe check the rankings mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.