Inactive Topic High Yield/High Risk Islands

DeletedUser25660

Proposal:
A proposal to remove resource penalties of islands at central oceans and remove resource bonuses for islands at outlier oceans. Oceans at the periphery of central oceans will be unchanged.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives?
Yes. Using keywords “special islands” revealed four threads but none quite like this.

Reason:
- Add more motivation for players to aim the center, this should lessen simming and will generate more action.

Details:
Kindly see visual aids. At the edge oceans, full resource penalties should apply.

Visual Aids:
augkzb.jpg

2hpk8io.jpg

Balance:
Effect of resource bonuses and penalties are not seen until resource buildings reach level 20, this will give some time for players to plan ahead and choose: whether to go at the center with higher resources and risk being attack constantly, or aim for the peripheral oceans, where there’s less resources but less risk.

Abuse Prevention:
I can’t see how this tweak can be abused, unless a world where only one premade decided to establish their empire at the center, but that rarely happens.

Summary:
This change will help generate more action which is what it should be for a war game, this will help deter players from colonizing cities in Ocean 00 then building WW there.

DeletedUser

I get your point for this, but for all worlds it would not be practical. If one or two worlds had this though it could be interesting.

DeletedUser

Would this feature be implemented from the beginning? If you look at world maps they expand past the core within the first few days. This idea would penalize players who join a world late or new players who are placed on the rim. It would only benefit the players who join a world as soon as the world opens.

DeletedUser

The world speed is set so that affects that.World speed should dictate resource gains not what island your on.

DeletedUser8396

I personally don't care for the idea. I like how it is currently - universal for all...as well for reasons stated above.

However, than you for formatting the idea and taking time to develop it. Please continue to do so, and this may turn into something with general approval :)

DeletedUser25660

Thanks guys!:D

Hmmm, I guess I forgot to factor in world speed and players joining later :\.

**Thread may now be archived :) -**

DeletedUser

Yup, I was just going to post about players that joined later, but if you do some changes it would be a good idea