history of your alliance

DeletedUser

hi, me again

i don't know if this will take off but i thought it would be quite interesting

why don't people who have been in their alliance for a while post a brief history of them, were they a premade, are they a split off from another, major events that have happened for you etc.

i don't know enough about NR's history to do one for them

this might not grab people's attention but i thought it would be interesting to find out

DeletedUser22940

Great idea mufc. Would love to hear some of the history behind Troy

DeletedUser31212

Killer Antrax:
Started out as just AntraX based in north O44. Founded by Zonius, Kurtis86 and GILLIUSMAXIMUS. Began troy sometime July last year. We made an enemy as soon as we took shape. The 24th Legion rimmed us 24/7, lol. We never stood a chance but defended most cities and sniped number of CS attempts. Yet it was difficult to keep up the fight without any help from external alliances. I requested help from 3 players, Popeye01, Muwatalli II and Conquerer01. They sent support and we survived because they helped. I would never forget what they have done for us. It is something that can never be repaid.
Then came the point where support seemed to help just a few players coz our friends had their own cities and alliances to protect too. Our other players were still getting rimmed. We lost quicker than we could build. I took it for granted that KA would fail so decided to do something about it. I spoke to a few members of the erstwhile 24th legion and made a deal with a few. I would quit and hand over most of my cities to them (had 5 at that point, lol) and in return they would cease the war with us. Fair deal, they accepted. We went further north and i merged our guys with KK (Killer Klownz). They needed a new start and am thankful to Mr Sak for giving them one. I retired from Troy keeping just the one city far north O43 (had my MBA finals).
I returned in early September. There was no Extraordinary Gentleman or Irish war wolves. New alliances formed and 24th was fighting NR and the guys had a breathing space to build ad grow. I Wasn't happy with a few KK members and So i left and founded a new alliance (after letting Mr Sak know), called Killer AntraX. The word killer borrowed from KK and AntraX from our earlier name. Initially it was just 8 players strong. Gilliusmaximus, Zonius, Nutricious, Ozarkd, Cazzuni and a couple others whose names i don't remember.
KA was born and we've never looked back since. Initially 3 alliances merged into us. The first of which was Legion of Troy, all of KK except Mr Sak and finally Marine Corps. Apart from KK, the others were at war with us but things changed once we had a common enemy.. Redwood Originals and Gaugamela were at war with us. This is when one of the most successful partnerships of troy began. NR allied with us (officially) which significantly boosted our chances and we grabbed them with both hands. As far as i know, KA was the first official Allie of NR. Our enemies broke sooner than we expected. MI were the next on line. Well it didn't take long to dismantle them. There was a point where we even thought of having a NAP with them so they can fight just NR and not us. They requested it as the pounding was too much for their active players. Hyper and ISIS ghosted and the war got dis-balanced. MI collapsed and TNE became the new enemy. Well they took in most MI members and they were the only ones we were fighting.
In the meanwhile, Death Dealerz(Ghost Pirates) merged with us. They later de-merged when a common friend left the game. Paylax merged into us too. But we only took the active good players from them.

We started as an MRA just wanting to survive & we achieved something i never dreamt off. Personally my aim was top 10 in the world, we've exceeded that for sure. For most of our members this is their first world. Many players still call us noobs, I don't mind it as long as we keep progressing and the members enjoy their time in Troy. All i can tell them is, play well and play as a team. United we stand, divided we fall. We started as a team and want to end the world as one.
cheers.,
Kurtis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

That's awesome, I didn't know anything about KA's past, and I always wondered about the KA & KK relationship, cool to know.

DeletedUser

Ghost Pirates :

Most of our team had been playing in other worlds together for already a year if not more. We joined Troy in October or November 2012 where 2plus2isfive had already been playing for quite some time. We initially joined MI LLC just to be able to grow in a safe environment but we quickly wanted some action so we split from them to form Death Dealerz so we could fight Head Hunterz (HH) (who were MI LLC allies).

This went pretty well until HH decided to merge into MI LLC which then meant that the 8 of us were fighting Monsters Inc. and MI LLC (so 2 full alliances). We survived for a while but we thought we needed to do something to turn the tides. That is when we merged into KA (we know shimmer/kurtis from another world) and they kindly accepted us and provided us with good amounts of static def. in our frontlines cities which enabled us to fight back properly and continue growing, cannot thank them enough and was disappointed that they didn't get more BP as a reward :(. As I always say, even though players may switch alliance, they don't improve overnight. MI was feeling the pressure from all around and could not support the amount of revolts they had and the inactivity/incompetence of some of their players meant they were losing cities without even knowing there was a revolt. Shortly after MI fell and split into multiple factions, a few joining NR, some making up Wardogs (mainly ex HH) and as for the rest they joined TNE.

When this happned we quickly realised that we should split from KA, no hard feelings just our aim had always been to have our own small (elite, ill let you decide on that) alliance with our good old crew and also we lost a player or two due to their RL. We initially started fighting TNE but then prioritised fighting wardogs who quickly buckled and for the most part joined TNE (we did pick up a few of their better players).

Now we are at war with TNE and dominate o52 and o62 and are starting to move into o53 (where the free for all is ;)) and o63.

We don't really have any allies and pretty much fight anyone who has a city we want or need though we do still have a good relationship with KA.

There that's it from us :)

DeletedUser33297

No Rules​

After you thought about the name it is kind of obvious where we came from.

Once upon a time in the wild wild west there were some peaceful living signs...

Road-closed-sign-in-Monum-010.jpg

These signs were no normal signs, no... that they most certainly weren't.
These signs were alive and they were able to walk, talk and pretty much do anything a human can.

no-talking1.jpg
walking-sign.png

Every single year all "living" signs were to meet each other somewhere in the world.

SDC12903.JPG

Never did anything go wrong at this meeting, untill... this one time... This one time the meeting was taking place in Amsterdam.
After the signs had been in Amsterdam for a while there was one sign who simply did not agree with his own meaning because he felt left out.

A-no-toking-sign--010.jpg

After explaining it to the other signs, they simply had to agree with it. Starting to believe their meaning made no sense they started creating a new design, a design that would fit every single one of them.

t813136-79-thumb-NO_RULES.jpg

And since that day the group of signs went by the name of "No Rules"

Hope you enjoyed learning about the history of No Rules.

DeletedUser

LOL nicely done, I like it ;)

But wud have liked to know what alliances merged to build up NR. If not for the rest NR is NR, not much else needs said :p

DeletedUser

love the histories, didn't want to to miss out completely so thought i would do one about my first alliance, house of troy

I don't know about their first few days but they weren't a premade and were just started up in the world

not completely sure when i first joined them, doesn't say on grepointel as far as i can see, but it would have been around the end of july. They were very small, about 8 players i think and outside of the top 100 alliances. I became diplomat, which i probably shouldn't have as troy is my first world, and i set about looking for alliances to merge into us. I got a few small ones but nothing that made a major impact. I then became leader about 2 weeks later. Nothing much happened but we continued to grow steadily despite the fact we were seen as a very poor alliance and a farm. Then an excellent player joined us, became leader, improved us a lot and made a massive difference. He/she then left for NR. We were now into the top 25 and alliances were bullying us more than ever ;). Then we went to "war" with Head Hunters but really it wasn't war, they had more players and over a million points more than us. After a while it became obvious to all parties that we had no chance and we struck a deal. We would hand over all of our cities in an ocean, can't remember which one, and they would leave us alone. We continued to be farmed by many alliances but we survived and moved up to about 18th i think it was. Not long after i left for NR, i think it was about february time i joined but not sure, and i don't know much about what has happened since. But they have continued to grow and are now ranked 7th.

Many would be ashamed i am sure to say they were part of house of troy never mind leader but i thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Looking back i made many mistakes but didn't have much control over recruitment so i couldn't do much about taking in lots of players. We may not have had the best reputation but i will still look back on my time as leader with a hint of pride, i was/am a noob and i think i did a good job.

thanks
mufc1999

DeletedUser

Nice stories guys :) very fun to read and a good way to learn about all the alliances :)

DeletedUser

TNE:

TNE started as a small group of players primarily located in O64 that broke off from NR. Early on, we only had about a dozen members, all of whom were very skilled players. Some early members included myself, asterking, AJ4J, gbg1, Leopard55, Boom Tyrant, Syorm, BC1995, Maratto, Lucius Pollo, and our original leader, Maleficient80.

Mal wrote a brief synopsis describing our group soon after our formation which remains in our forum and was our original credo:

"The majority of us have had the experience of running top alliances in other worlds, some of us did it together in other worlds. None of us really want to deal with all else that goes along with running a major alliance. We've been there, done it, and came to this world to just have fun killing. We joined IWW to accomplish that, for the most part ran independently of the main alliance while Athlete was active. When that was no longer possible, we left IWW. We held the majority of IWW's power, and when things in IWW changed we left and joined an alliance that would give our group the free reign we wanted to continue running as we had been. As with any Utopianesque society, it only works with small numbers, where membership is so small, members do not have the luxury of anonymity in numbers. NR got too big too fast, and it no longer worked for us. While NR as a whole claims to have no leadership, we did not adopt that philosophy. We have run the same way from day one, regardless of which alliance banner we flew, and are continuing to do so....that there is a "leader" for O64, began to not work well under the NR umbrella.

We are a very tight, close knit group of players. While none of us have the time or desire to run a major alliance, we also have a winning formula that works well within our group that we all want to maintain without outside interference.

So the experiment....how well can a small group of players such as ourselves do in a world? We know it wouldn't work in a non-WW world. But the WW's change the game. Just as nothing about how our group ran changed when we joined IWW, and it didn't change when we joined NR, we don't expect it to change either with this transition, and us being independent of a large alliance and being on our own, will put an end to the freaking alliance jumping we've been doing to maintain our way of game play. I've never been in so many alliances in one world, and it's reached the point of being redonculous."

While this was our original premise, things have obviously changed over several months. Players have come and gone, and TNE has evolved. After our original departure from NR we were primarily located in O64. Originally, we were fighting Kitten Smashers who would later become part of MI, Victories, ISIS, Angels of Death (if you call that fighting). We all grew stronger and we added a few new members, but remained a relatively small alliance with only about 15-20 players.

Around late October when a large coalition of alliances had banded together to fight NR, we left TNE and rejoined NR. This helped both groups as we were able to beat back many of the alliances that had some early success attacking us. All was well in NR for a few months, but just after Christmas, many of the original TNE members left NR to reform TNE. The reformed TNE continued to be on good terms with NR while fighting MI in the North, ISIS in the South, and the newly formed The Elite to the East. The Elite were beaten badly and a small group broke off and formed Rim Rogues who were pacted with TNE. Many Rim Rogues players would later join TNE, including steve2568 who is a current TNE leader. Sadly, along the way we lost our original leader, Maleficent80. She was truly a great person to play with. With The Elite disposed of we pretty much controlled O64 and O74 and were moving into O65 in the South where we were fighting ISIS and O63 and O53 in the North where we were fighting MI. The wars with MI and ISIS continued until the mass ISIS ghosting and the end of MI. Several strong MI players then joined TNE, including dodge149 who is one of our current leaders. Soon after, NR and TNE ended their long-standing peace and have been at war since. We have also been fighting KA and GP.

Looking back, I'm not sure the original experiment was really given a chance to be completed. The idea was to keep a very small group of players together throughout the extent of the world. Obviously, things change and players come and go. While many of our original members remain, we have expanded our membership as alliances have collapsed around us. This has been necessary in order to fight multiple enemies and has been really enjoyable getting to know lots of new people. I for one have enjoyed adding new players over time and feel that despite a few recent mishaps, we are as strong as ever.

DeletedUser31212

Good to read about TNE. Always wondered why the double divorce happened with NR. Now i know why.
Regarding alliances in Troy, had those cowards ISIS and Hyper not ghosted troy would have been 10 times better to play in. 2 stupid alliances nearly took the world down. Glad we're back on track. hope this lasts till the WW. Would be a shame if this world fails.

DeletedUser30111

Yeah the TNE/NR saga is an interesting one, one which makes troy so special.

Also I that explanation of Mal's was really cool. Seeing everything that has changed. We actually have set ocean leaders and stuff now, haha. I always assumed the original TNE split was because of NR adopting rules, not because of our lack of rules.

DeletedUser

Looking back, I'm not sure the original experiment was really given a chance to be completed. The idea was to keep a very small group of players together throughout the extent of the world.

Exactly how we want to develop our alliance. Not accepting a mass of players every single time an alliance crashes but carefully sifting through them to find rough gems. So even if an alliance of 50+ players collapsed we would probably only end up taking in 10% if even that.

DeletedUser

I think it is easier to stay small the further out on the rim you are located. We were faced with the problem of having player from dissolved alliances quit and ghost which leaves more ghosts in our waters that we cant consume or having them join join an enemy alliance. Instead we elected to invite them. Many former MI and Rim Rogues have turned out to be some of our best players.

DeletedUser30111

Exactly how we want to develop our alliance. Not accepting a mass of players every single time an alliance crashes but carefully sifting through them to find rough gems. So even if an alliance of 50+ players collapsed we would probably only end up taking in 10% if even that.
Yeah you can't really sift through player without having them in your alliance first, because you many times, cannot tell if a person's past level of success had to do with them or their alliance. The best way to stay small would be to stay exclusive, play with your group and don't send out invites, which is what I expected TNE to do.

DeletedUser

True but if you are fighting them and none of them fight back u can pretty much guess that they aren't that good... When it comes to defense yes sometimes its the alliance that is the problem

DeletedUser

anyone from TR on the forums?

if there are i would love to hear from you

DeletedUser33297

anyone from TR on the forums?

if there are i would love to hear from you

Don't think they actually know these forums exist. Probably a good thing for them, otherwise their dignity would take a big hit.

DeletedUser

Very true. We don't really have much respect for TR on these forums. They are kinda one big facepalm of an alliance.

DeletedUser

Well at least they deserve respect for not ghosting with the rest of the cowards ;)