Home Coming

DeletedUser

This is something I have been writing from time to time from the day I started playing Grepolis. At the start I made an entry for every new type of building I constructed, and here is a piece I did on my first attack of a neighbor.

Since then I have limited new writings to major offensives, a few spy operations and all my conquests. For the most part these stories are just for myself, hastily written light histories of my polis and it's progress. None of this has been thoroughly edited or improved upon but a friend enjoyed this particular story and thought I should post it sometime. That was weeks ago, and here it is. I apologize in advance if it is lengthy but it is one of my shorter examples.

Home Coming

Aurave stood atop the Senate steps eyeing the activity below in the barracks, paying particular attention to the horsemen. Stable boys were running around haphazardly, farmers carting in hay by the wagon load, and new recruits were riding in the fields. His military leaders had truly surpassed all expectations in the build up of a mounted force rivaled only by the riders Thessalonica.

Behind him the newly appointed captain of the cavalry, Podromi, hurried up the steps and prepared to give his daily report. His tanned and battle-scared face betrayed no sign of exhaustion as he greeted Aurave and began.

"Archon, both of the mounted raids on the northern farming villages were carried out flawlessly. The villagers were in such awe and fear that they gave up the majority of their stored resources without protest."

"Perhaps they will cooperate on their own in the future without the threat of force. And the resources, where are they now?" asked Aurave, smiling and clearly pleased with the outcome of events.

Answering quick almost to the point of cutting him off, the captain replied, "Taken care of exactly as you ordered Archon. The rock was sent to the temple build site, wood stored in the warehouse, and silver given to the merchants. The magistrate has the exact figures."

Minutes passed as both men enjoyed the view of the setting sun over the growing polis. Finally Podromi spoke up, "What of your plans for tomorrow Archon? Shall I lead the cavalry once more to the villages and demand tribute?"

Aurave only shook his head in response. He knew that a man could only take so much before he stood up and fought back, and word of a massacre would only worsen the mood of the surrounding villages which the city relied upon for materials. No, he alone knew who the real target was all along, the raids were only to prepare his army for this moment. The villages alone could not supply enough to complete the temple to the gods in a timely manner.

Finally Aurave, powerful Archon of Aurapolis, spoke; "You and your men have proven yourselves ten times over. Gather one hundred of your best riders and relay the message-Day after tomorrow we go to war."

Podromi bowed and excused himself. Once gone, Aurave turned his focus away from the barracks and training grounds and gazed far to the east down the coastline at the small speck on the horizon that was his native city. It had been years since he was run out of Lusomoria and put into exile, but now he could only imagine his glorius return behind the thundering chorus of a hundred hooves descending upon the city.

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed reading that Aurave? Anymore you have would be very much appreciated!

DeletedUser

Sorry, I got bored and couldn't read it j/k.
Good story by the wat. You have to give us the ending though.

FINISH THE CLIFF-HANGER!!!!