Inactive Topic Honor Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser32373
  • Start date

DeletedUser32373

Proposal: New form of gaining culture points and maybe if the idea is not too bad then it can be worked into reputation as well.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yea I looked through the Archive and I did not see anything that was really even remotely close to my idea. Post if you found anything if there is an idea that is close to mine.

Reason: Not sure if I am the only one that thinks this but when you're trying to fight its hard to amass culture points unless you are attacked on a daily basis, and surprisingly, I have only been attacked once or twice. Its especially hard to get another city slot late in the game when you have 70+ cities.

Details: I have a couple parts of the idea I would like to explain.
A- Function It works kind of like victory processions, in the fact that they are a common number you need to amass in order to get another culture point.
B- Earning Them There are several ways to earn these honor points. If you get one honor point then you can have a culture festival. Here is how you get them:
1. Building any building on the left or right side of the array in your city.
2. Defeating a certain amount of troops in a battle. Ex: Defeat 500 swordsmen in ONE battle. Cast Kingly Gift 10 times in a matter of one minute. OR another example: train more than 200 population's worth of men in one queue. There will also be awards with names for these achievements. 1: Hoplites always win. 2. I use wood for my armies. 3. Hoarder. I want to make them a bit funny ;)
C: Added Features There might also be a leaderboard of the most honorable emperors and it shows how many honor points they have earned.

Visual Aids: None right now i'll add 'em in later. Im lazy like that :p

Balance: You cannot attack or fight against people from your own alliance or pacted alliance! I'm not sure how we control this, maybe associate it with the message that is shown to you right before you attack an ally.

Abuse Prevention: The gold users probably have a big advantage and can use gold to earn honor points, but in realism, gold users have an advantage in everything, dont they?

Summary: I just want there to be a new way for us to earn culture points because I find it very hard to earn culture points late in the game.

DeletedUser

i support this, and just about any other way to get cp

DeletedUser27700

I like it.
Like little bounty hunts for various tasks. Good idea

DeletedUser

I like it, however i feel it could be farmed quite easily?? Example.... Me stacking ghosts and killing troops to get free CP. Idk, don't judge me, im tired :heh:

DeletedUser18366

Urm, I'm really in favor of any way to get more CP. I would've thought some people would be critical with the methods, but they're not so I won't start.

DeletedUser5819

I like this idea. I do think there is space for more ways to get culture points, and I enjoy the little quest challenges, so more would be welcome.

Parts I don't like so much -
killing some of same type of units is easily abused by either placing your own or partnering with someone.
members and pacted not counting would just result in family groupings without formally declared diplomacy. Again, just too easy to abuse.

I don't think dropping those parts would weaken the idea though.

DeletedUser23986

You might have to balance them a little. killing 500 swords or building is not quite tough, given they also offer other opportunities. I also would like to suggest suggest honor points for being active, like-

1-honor points for logging continuously for 30days
2-honor points for logging continuously for 60days
5-honor points for logging continuously for 90days
10-honor points for logging continuously for 120days
25-honor points for logging continuously for 150days

DeletedUser32373

Maybe- but the problem with giving them away in large amounts is that each one of them is equal to one culture point, but I think that would be a good point Hasan ;)

DeletedUser32373

Well those are a bit too easy and the early players could end up getting 5 slots in a few days with no problems at all.

DeletedUser

early on yes, but as time goes by, effect will be minimal.

Varun

Strategos
No from me. I like the old way of getting CP through attacks or festivals and such. I feel them to be more authentic and not some mass benefit bonus that other games have. That is the quality of Grepo which sets it apart.

Thrillology

Phrourach
I like this idea. I would give you +rep if I could, but I need to give others some love as well. :)

I also think some quests might be able to give some honor points depending on your decision, I think that would be nice, though I think you should have to earn more than one honor point to hold a "culture festival".

DeletedUser42857

cant say i like this. While i think CP 's should be a bit easier to hit up to about 10 cities, I can see far too many ways in which this can be abused. Too easy to hold troop building queues, or enact divine powers in short periods, and you already get battle points for killing 500 swords, why should there be bonus's.

no from me

Varun

Strategos
cant say i like this. While i think CP 's should be a bit easier to hit up to about 10 cities, I can see far too many ways in which this can be abused. Too easy to hold troop building queues, or enact divine powers in short periods, and you already get battle points for killing 500 swords, why should there be bonus's.

no from me
^Exactly

DeletedUser23986

At hundred cities, gaining CPs becomes idiotic. 300 cp, or spending 14.4M resources for just another city

DeletedUser31450

I dont like it, adding too many new little tasks to grepo, there is already island quests as a side task, adding more would just be a pain in the butt in my opinion