Honor

DeletedUser

You as Grepo players new and old,tell Me what the word means to you. And give examples of when you have seen your fellow Grepo players act with it and without it.

I will start, Hans Blix,leader of Thug Life. Came out of VM,knew his ally was dead and went down fighting. Thats old school honor. No refugee status for him. Well done Hans,looking forward to the next one,be honored to fight with you as well.

This is not intended to be a shouting match,you say what you think,and let the next say what they think.

Trust me my example will raise eyebrows to say the least.

DeletedUser27700

In my opinion, the concept of honor is a little misplaced in grepolis.
We spend a lot of time on the game, why would we go down with the ship when we don't have to? Why not preserve what we spent months building to fight another day?

To stay on topic and give an example, I will use one of my members in Ithaca, Trojean.

He started in As Athens Burns, a hated alliance in my circles, but for the right reasons. They were very aggressive and made several other top 12 alliances mad at them.
Trojean, was part of a hit squad for AAB. He would torment various people and racked up so many aotd awards it was ridiculous.
Eventually however, AAB failed and most of the members got rimmed. Trojean however, was smart enough to plan for this, and sent 3 CS further out to the rim, to my area in O57. They took all his cities in the core, and he went from 22 cities to 3. But he stuck around, sent me a message explaining what happened, and he lived. Made it up to 6th ranked attacker before he had to leave the game for a new job.

To me, this is how grepo is meant to be played. Why give up what you worked for, when you can preserve it?

DeletedUser

We spend a lot of time on the game, why would we go down with the ship when we don't have to? Why not preserve what we spent months building to fight another day?

To stay on topic and give an example, I will use one of my members in Ithaca, Trojean.

He started in As Athens Burns, a hated alliance in my circles, but for the right reasons. They were very aggressive and made several other top 12 alliances mad at them.
Trojean, was part of a hit squad for AAB. He would torment various people and racked up so many aotd awards it was ridiculous.
Eventually however, AAB failed and most of the members got rimmed. Trojean however, was smart enough to plan for this, and sent 3 CS further out to the rim, to my area in O57. They took all his cities in the core, and he went from 22 cities to 3. But he stuck around, sent me a message explaining what happened, and he lived. Made it up to 6th ranked attacker before he had to leave the game for a new job.

To me, this is how grepo is meant to be played. Why give up what you worked for, when you can preserve it?

No it is actually very similar to Hans,Trojean went when he was ready to go as did Hans.

DeletedUser

Yes if you have something different Bear,please share. I am willing to hear another side

DeletedUser

Well I don't really feel comfortable sharing as I don't know Hans and don't know if he wants us talking about it, he's no longer playing in this world after all.

But I'm pretty sure he handed a lot of his cities off before he quit. Sent a mass mail out asking for quick conquers. Not that he's not honorable (like I said I had no encounters with him) but just saying I heard it happened a little differently.

DeletedUser

LOL, I believe what you say may be correct,it usually happens when players call it a day on Grepo, As well first hand he told me he was done and said any of his cities I wanted I could take. That is not the part I was talking about,what I meant was the fact that he didnt go for refugee status as so many do,he didnt hide behind another banner when his ally went down. He stood on his own,and went down by himself. As much time as he had put into this game,that takes umph,not many would do it. That is what I was talking about. For those that play this game serious its an actual cash investment. So cudos to him for knowing he was done and finishing the way he did. WITH HONOR

DeletedUser

There is a reason for everything and like Bear said reasons behind Hans way of leaving is not exactly what has been said here. But as all things the truth will come out sooner or later.

But as for now everyone will just have to think what they want. Lets just say those with less honor and no "moral" compass is behind alot on the world edessa.

DeletedUser

There is a reason for everything and like Bear said reasons behind Hans way of leaving is not exactly what has been said here. But as all things the truth will come out sooner or later.

But as for now everyone will just have to think what they want. Lets just say those with less honor and no "moral" compass is behind alot on the world edessa.

And thus I started this thread for that reason, I spoke with Hans before he left,he gave me his reasons for leaving RL being one of them,I have no call to not believe him,but if others know of other less than honorable actions those can be placed here as well

DeletedUser

I definitely see what you're saying GW, and tend to agree, but I also think that remaining players moving to a new alliance when their old one dies helps to keep the world alive and active. If everyone just quit as soon as the first alliance they were in was done, well there'd be about 3 alliances worth of people still playing, and that would be boring as all hell in my opinion :) the way I see it, it often takes time to find a group/alliance you REALLY work well with. Not everyone finds that group right away, but when you do, it really changes the game for the better. Moving around (at least to a point) is really the only way to find said group.

DeletedUser

Well Ice, no one from AAB won Ithaca, but a few GS ( who i was in at that time ) won....

I can tell u one thing - i started to love this game fighting with honor against AAB and DeB who were ganked on us for 2 months....we were 10 times smaller then them, but we defended for 2 months, and NOT ONE player left that fight...that is honor, and for me this game is about honor....

DeletedUser27700

Where did AAB's honor get them?
A trip to the rim and of to the next world.

Had Trojean not left for a job, he would have won the world with the rest of us, because he was smart enough to stick around and survive.

DeletedUser

He was smart enough in a change period...many alliances disbanded or merged after that war....some wrong moves were made and the world died soon enough....all the great players left, and the world concluded really sad....too many noobs won the world, and i for one refussed a crown....so again, maybe i was really dumb when i could have won a crown, but my honor said no...;)

DeletedUser

He was smart enough in a change period...many alliances disbanded or merged after that war....some wrong moves were made and the world died soon enough....all the great players left, and the world concluded really sad....too many noobs won the world, and i for one refussed a crown....so again, maybe i was really dumb when i could have won a crown, but my honor said no...;)

HONOR; Well done Storarus,its not worth it if you give up what you were fighting for in the first place.

DeletedUser

I definitely see what you're saying GW, and tend to agree, but I also think that remaining players moving to a new alliance when their old one dies helps to keep the world alive and active. If everyone just quit as soon as the first alliance they were in was done, well there'd be about 3 alliances worth of people still playing, and that would be boring as all hell in my opinion :) the way I see it, it often takes time to find a group/alliance you REALLY work well with. Not everyone finds that group right away, but when you do, it really changes the game for the better. Moving around (at least to a point) is really the only way to find said group.

Agreed Bear,but at this point The power alliances are made,And if you pick a fight and get it handed to you,be graceful and die,dont go to a new flag because you were not as big as you thought. Which puts me back to Hans. He lost he left,not ghosted,but stayed until his last city was taken,doesnt matter who got them enemy or friend,not the point his time was up he put his best play forward and when it went down he went with it.

DeletedUser

Idk in my opinion, if somebody is able to survive while an entire alliance is trying to rim them, they deserve to continue playing.

Imagine how you would feel if you were in an alliance, put months and months of work and time into this world, only to have your alliance lose to a much larger alliance. I for one would have no problem finding a new alliance and keeping up the effort. Plenty of wars are won not because of skill, but because of numbers.

I guess I'm just confused about where the honor is held once your alliance dies. Most players go ghost or inactive, which to me is like giving up on your mates. So if most of them leave, and there's only a handful of actives left, who are you 'honoring' by staying? If your former alliance mates have already ed you, why does it matter if you go give it a shot with a new team?

DeletedUser

Idk in my opinion, if somebody is able to survive while an entire alliance is trying to rim them, they deserve to continue playing.

Imagine how you would feel if you were in an alliance, put months and months of work and time into this world, only to have your alliance lose to a much larger alliance. I for one would have no problem finding a new alliance and keeping up the effort. Plenty of wars are won not because of skill, but because of numbers.

I guess I'm just confused about where the honor is held once your alliance dies. Most players go ghost or inactive, which to me is like giving up on your mates. So if most of them leave, and there's only a handful of actives left, who are you 'honoring' by staying? If your former alliance mates have already ed you, why does it matter if you go give it a shot with a new team?

I think I havent been clear,refugee status is acceptable if those who take them in play by the refugee rules,and yes if your able to survive by the guidlelines well done,but most dont abide by the rules of refugee status. And by all means if you hold on go to whoever takes you in

DeletedUser

I have to give a shout out to three players. And I figure here is a good place to do so. These people have always been there for me when I needed them. They are great team players and as far as they are concerned their troops and resources are just as much any other alliance members as they are their own. I wouldn't have gotten to where I am now after joining this world so late if it wasn't for rosielea, testbej, and pescarus. Very honorable thing you did by taking me and my friend in after joining so late and helping me to grow tithe point I am at now. I still haven't reached all my goals but with their help I am getting there. We aren't there biggest alliance out there but we sure do work well together! Thanks for being great teammates!