Hopolites

DeletedUser

Ok, I just read Hopolites have a ranged defense of 7.

12.png

DeletedUser

They have shields. Very big shields. In fact, the shield is their defining quality.

DeletedUser

if you dont agree with it take a look in the ideas thread and create a new thread that says wot you dont like and how you would inprove or change the idea you propse, so im guesing you would like them to have a better defence against ranged units.

although in this game hoplites are the counter to horses so they have a high sharp defence,

DeletedUser

I just don't understand how they can hop with all that armor.

DeletedUser2795

they don't, they hop light, so they hop lightly, which is slightly deceptive wording, because it means that they hop very little above the ground

DeletedUser

The word hoplite derives from hoplon, the type of the shield used by the troopers, although, as a word, "hoplon" could also denote weapons held or even full armament. In later texts, the term hoplite is used to denote any armored infantry, regardless of armament or ethnicity.

:p i swear i did not get this of wiki ;)

DeletedUser

they don't, they hop light, so they hop lightly, which is slightly deceptive wording, because it means that they hop very little above the ground

Aahhh...... I see! That makes perfect sense JKP!

Its a mistranslation of the Japanese origin word "Hoplite" which... as we all know is made up of two words....

"hopl" which means "to leap"

and "ite" which translates to "Ain't gonna happen"

DeletedUser2795

quite right, you see, when the greeks heard the word, the translator meant well but did not convert it to greek perfectly, so we are stuck that way to this day ;(

DeletedUser

good job googlers

to be honest, I would have designed a much better unit if I was alive 3000 years ago

DeletedUser

JKP: LOL.... its ALL Greek to me.

Shawn: No doubts pal... worst thing that ever happened to Greek society was you not being born in 2200 BC Bare minimum, you would have given the Hoplites a shoulder harnessed rocket launcher with laser sighting.

The ancient Greeks were noroms for not thinking of THAT simple weapon.

DeletedUser

I just realized how goofy it is that your nation is so technologically advanced it has metalsmiths who can create swords and shields, but no one knows how to create a sling until you make a bunch of really expensive buildings.

DeletedUser

and the rocks.... its not easy finding good rocks to sling...

Like David found out in his battle with Goliath:

"The first stone David, the first stone is Faith... and that stone shall fail you.

The second stone, the second stone is science... and that stone shall fail you.

The third stone David, the third stone is love... and that stone shall fail you.

The fourth stone, the fourth stone is hate... and that stone shall fail you.

The fifth stone shall not fail you. For the fifth stone is not yours, but his.

The fifth stone is filled with his lies and his doubts, his fears and his failures."

David killed Goliath with the fifth stone he threw.

(its a story that shows the seeds of our destruction lie primary within ourselves)

DeletedUser

I think I could do it in two.

it is about the aiming, not the making

You need to research how to practice something?

Wouldn't it just make more sense if you started out with slingers and swordsmen?

DeletedUser

It would make the game much more agressive to start out with offensive units, they'd be too cheap to start out with though, think of the chaos :D

First post yay hello all.

DeletedUser2795

uh, even on speed 1 servers you still have slingers well before BP ends