Horses and their defensive capacity when match with archers

DeletedUser39201

I have been playing since US alpha1 . Someone today is attempting to convince me that horses and archers are a good defensive unit when match together. Am I missing something or should I be smoking the same weed as the messenger of this tactic. RSVP

DeletedUser5819

If you ignore that horses take 3 pop against swords 1 pop, and that you actually have to research horses whereas sword are given for free, and that horses cost nearly 3x as much res as swords ....... then I suppose they do give a fairly balanced defence, much like swords and archers together.

However I think you would be a fool to ignore those things :p

DeletedUser33530

If you ignore that horses take 3 pop against swords 1 pop, and that you actually have to research horses whereas sword are given for free, and that horses cost nearly 3x as much res as swords ....... then I suppose they do give a fairly balanced defence, much like swords and archers together.

However I think you would be a fool to ignore those things :p
this was steaky's nice way of saying whoever told you this is either an idiot or they are trying to mess you with.

DeletedUser49358

Know what's an even better DLU than Horsemen? ... Harpies :heh:

DeletedUser23986

They are especially good against Manti's :D

A player recently killed my horse nuke using manties. My 300 horses managed to kill one of his mantis, so if you ever decide to use horses for defense, keep it in mind ;)

DeletedUser3300

If the guy trying to persuade you is in your alliance you should really get him to realise that using horses for defence is utterly idiotic. If he's in a different alliance, tell him he's a genius an he should train up loads of them to defend his city... then hit him with a sharp nuke.

DeletedUser49197

If the guy trying to persuade you is in your alliance you should really get him to realise that using horses for defence is utterly idiotic. If he's in a different alliance, tell him he's a genius an he should train up loads of them to defend his city... then hit him with a sharp nuke.
aka, #1 way to get free bp from noobs... :D