how can

DeletedUser

Helo iam new to this game so can anyone tell me how a city I just attacked had hoplites when he did not have an accadamey to research them and was not a member of an alliance.
Thanks any help would be appreciated
Parmenion

DeletedUser

He can appeal to any number of players in his vicinity and convince them to assist. Also, if he's from other worlds, he may even have friends in other alliances around him.

But he would need just a level 4 academy for hops, are you sure he doesn't have a level 4 academy?

DeletedUser

Hey whats up parmenion... =) By attacking villages you can also receive additional armies as a rare bonus.. That is probably where he was able to get Hoplites without the academy.

DeletedUser

Spells as well. Athena's Patroness spell can give Hoplites.

DeletedUser

Hello vOnClausewitz
Yes pritty sure sent a spy all he had was senate 9 wharehouse9 farm 9 agora1 timber12 quary11 silver10 wall 1 baracks4 he had 59 swords and 28 hoplites +771 in silver the sim said I would lose about 10 slingers and 4 hoplites but when i attacted i lost 90 slingers and 19 hoplits and 4swods and 1 hoplite from secondary attack a few seconds later to help cary off the booty.
EVEN more strange although I looted him when i got back his game points had gone up from 605 to 754 It should have cost him thousands to expand that much I just do not understand how he has done it looks like i might have made a mistake in attacking him???

DeletedUser

Hi my friend my enermy
Thanks did not know that, but also my losses where high in attacing him and he bounced back verry quick looks like I might be looking at a new incarnation soon.
Good hunting

DeletedUser

Hi hman15
Thanks for the info but dont you need a temple to get spells??

DeletedUser

To be honest, there are about 1000 ways in which he could have had hoplites. Maybe there was someone else on his island that received a substantial DBP gain according to www.grepostats.com And as for casting hoplites, you don't need a temple to receive them from a friend, but they normally leave traces of archers and slingers too when you cast Patroness. Also depends on the wall size, morale, and luck of the attack. And a 150 pt gain is common, even more is possible.

I wouldn't get caught up on this one occurance. Just build more than you had before. Plus if the dude had more swords than hops, better not attack him next time with slingers. Slingers are weakest against swords.

DeletedUser

Thanks vOnClausewitz
As i said i am new to the game so it just seemed a bit strange the way things happend but any thing can happen in love and war.
I will take your advice and fight on as they say no blood no gain
Your greatfully Parmenion