How did this player change his screen name?

DeletedUser

Not sure if this is the right place, but someone in my main server changed his screen name. While he was (still is) in VM

I've searched the boards and every post on this subjects states that its not possible and will never be possible. So how did he do it?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Name changes are incredibly rare. They are not changed because you want it changed, they are changed because they need to be changed as per a mod decision. Usually because the name is naughty.

DeletedUser

Ah yes, I did read that this was the only way it would happen. In this case though, the name was not offensive, and the player has been on the server for months. I'm intrigued.

DeletedUser

I heard somewhere that if you used your real name IG, you could ask nicely for a change....... I dont know if thats true or not.

DeletedUser

It is, but it has to be literally your full name.
I tried to get mine changed a few years back and they were having none of it.

Time also matters... If you used a username for 2 years with no issue about it having your name in it, mods are unlikely to change it.

This is just from my personal experience of trying to get mine changed once. Not sure what the actual rules are.

DeletedUser

Name changes are incredibly rare. They are not changed because you want it changed, they are changed because they need to be changed as per a mod decision. Usually because the name is naughty.

Like Mr Claus! :O If your name is really nice you should totally get prezzies. :D Can you imagine a "MrniceGuy recieves 500 of every resource" notification?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies, but this particular player fits none of these situations.

I'll bug him about it when he gets back from VM