How do I complete a REvolt?

ALFinOz

Hoplite
New player - read Wiki, but not sure if I've do thing correct.
Conquer System is Revolt
I attacked city with Fleet and army with a Colony Ship. Attack was set to Revolt
Attck successful, and had message that REvolt starating in 12hours.
At 12 hours, I got the message Your REvolt will end in 12 hours (I have 3 hours left)
I tried attacking (norma attack) with anotuehr Colony ship but it got returned.
Have I don't things correctly, or where did I go wrong?

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
in order to compete revolt you need to have colony ship and revolt researched in academy
after you have that, you can send your attack as revolt to enemy city, if you clear the city and at least 1 land unit of yours survive city will be put in blue revolt, after initial 12 hours of blue revolt city enters red revolt during which you need to land an attack that includes colony ship in it, if colony ship and at least 1 naval ship(light ship/bireme/trireme) and 1 land unit survives city will be conqured as long as you have 1 empty culture slot in agora building., keep track of culture levels.

You do not send revolt with colony ship.

Tip 1 : you can time/plan your colony ship attack to land 1 sec after red revolt is supposed to start if you send it to land as blue revolt is supposed to end.

Tip 2 : Try to keep clearing and attacking the enemy city if he is in weak alliance or without one so he does not build enough defense to stop your colony ship attack when the time is right, if enemy is in alliance and you are as well, ask team mates to help keep it clear while blue revolt is in progress

ALFinOz

Hoplite
When you send the attack in Red Revolt, is it sent as a standard "Attack" and not a "Revolt" attack? I sent this attack during the Red phase (but overnight) and this morning looks like Colony ship has been returned. Can it be rejected?

ALFinOz

Hoplite
Thanks @Lethal-Bacon - It worked. It was user error, as first colony ship sent with the Revolt attack, not standard Attack status, hence the returned ships.
How long until the city becomes active on the island (so framing can begin)?

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Thanks @Lethal-Bacon - It worked. It was user error, as first colony ship sent with the Revolt attack, not standard Attack status, hence the returned ships.
How long until the city becomes active on the island (so framing can begin)?

after you take a city on new big island with farming villages reload grepolis, after that click the icon of farming village on new island and create/open farming village by spending 100 battle points, you need 600 to have all 6 farming villages and 36 more bp to get them all to lvl 3.