How is this possible?

DeletedUser32737

I was checking stats of some of the top players on Neapolis to see what is up... What happened here? How can someone with 36 towns gain 3 million BP in one day?

Based on the fact he left the alliance, do you think it was an organised attempt to trade BP among the top players so that he could take more cities? Surely this is frowned upon among the Grepolis community.
Screenshot_1.jpg

DeletedUser57113

Welcome to Grepolis 2020! This game is not what it once was and has pretty much died. To win the game mode of domination relies on having the highest city count. Therefore teams cheat the system by boosting each other's stats like so.

unknown-7.png

DeletedUser57113

Just for Laughs is the most notorious cheaters in en.grepolis. All the members you see there are bot users and use multi accounts.

DeletedUser32737

Wow, I was even thinking of sinking some money into this game, now I see it as a broken pile of junk. It was pretty bad before which is why I left, now it is still pretty terrible if not worse :(

There are not many active players in the world I have been playing which is a testament to the lack of testing and balance consideration the developers put into this game...

Some possible fixes:

- Cannot have more than 3 CS in a harbour at once A fourth CS will bounce before arriving if the number in harbour + the number currently building is 3. You cannot start building a CS if this number is already 3.
- 0% BP from pact members and Alliance members 1 week (maybe dependent on game speed) after leaving an alliance (Leaders could still kick), which means this could still be abused as removing BP after a kick would incentivize spies.
- Automatic transport ship overflow withdrawal on ally or your own cities (Maybe even include with conquests?)
- BP limit/drop off per day based on culture level (A little harsh for experienced players, but might help newer players keep up. Can vary word to world)
- Keep an eye on stats where there are sudden increases in BP. Punish cheaters or those who exploit the bugs in your game.
- Limit battle points per population to 10x population used (the above example would yeild only 200bp). This means if you take out a nuke with a smaller nuke, you still get full BP. If you hit a Sword nuke with a small group of mantis in a city with no wall, you still get full BP but things like the above are prevented.

EDIT: Posted this in suggestions I hope this does not get ignored because I will certainly be leaving this game forever, making a bad review and finding a way to get this information out there. It is simply not acceptable to have an exploit of this scale in an MMORTS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42145

that amount of cs in one town was prolly done from a bot user with a few cities spam generating cs and send to one town, after talking to one of the jfl players they kind of admitted it in the way that they call it bp boosting, @Sems why do u only show half the picture and not expose the cheaters ?

DeletedUser42145

So i have done some research, i dont get why said players have not been banned yet, u can see all this data as its public, there's a player in the alliance or sister alliance, he leaves alliance for a few hours, prolly when others are bp boosting or essentially getting 3m bp per hit, did some research on those players as well, u can tell its not legit as the past days the amount of bp they get is nothing too crazy, then somewhere in between u see that 1 day where they get like 2-3m bp and u know somethings not right, u look at the charts for top attackers of the day, the legit players maybe get between 300-600k for that day with the boosters maybe making the top every so often,

DeletedUser57118

Ok,
I’m not a cq player but we have the same issues in revolt. Even hydna or baudin said something about trying to fix it in a separate thread.
First off, bp boosting is not an illegal game cheating way. It is generally looked down as a scummy way to win/get bp.
Secondly, the people who are complaining about it, are not putting enough pressure on the bp boosters, which allows them to do this.
Finally, I get that bp boosting is a bad thing, but @Bloggs123 stop complaining and thinking that the whole world is against you

DeletedUser42145

@RoastIsBack come on like dude, its not exactly fair play though, like its essentially cheating/exploiting and should be bannable, And i am more of a revolt player, i usually play in revolt worlds but since i came back at a bad time this conquest world was an exception, I am currently with mad hatters atm and it really does feel like most of the world are against us, also it would be against the rules to some perspective like now for example if its driving players away from the game which is also bad business for Inno,

DeletedUser57118

Yeah, but as hydna said, it would be extremely hard for it to be regulated. If you could come up with a viable solution then I’d be all for it, but at the moment I don’t see a rule change

DeletedUser22115

The only real way would be to look into accounts of players on days when an abnormal amount of bp is received, it is really the only way that it could be regulated, which i imagine would require alot of effort due to grepolis having multiple worlds open at a time with 1000s of players and as of late, it would be safe to assume that a large majority of players receive a quad token during a worlds duration, and you cannot add a physical amount of bp to the rules in which opens your account to a review from a mod as people will take the limit and go 1 bp under it in a day and avoid it.
The likelihood of anything like this being implemented into the rules is very slim, as i think there is a large portion of the community who support killing thousands of colony ships.

DeletedUser42145

Make it bannable, limit the amount of troops u can stack in a city unless the city is under conquest or in red revolt, there's prolly a few ways to counter it if we had a few players at a roundtable with a few suggestions.

DeletedUser22115

You can't limit the amount of troops in a city. Even if you wanted to limit just colony ships, nothing would stop people incrementally killing ally colony ships. I don't know much about the reason for doing this, i am guessing it has something to do with domination, i could be wrong. This only started happening as far as i know in the time i wasnt playing, which is around the time domination was brought in.

DeletedUser55889

You can't limit the amount of troops in a city. Even if you wanted to limit just colony ships, nothing would stop people incrementally killing ally colony ships. I don't know much about the reason for doing this, i am guessing it has something to do with domination, i could be wrong. This only started happening as far as i know in the time i wasnt playing, which is around the time domination was brought in.
That's the biggest motivator behind CS/BP boosting -- City slots are #1 and therefore things like that started happening. Don't take my word for it but we're not the first to utilise this method, and it's hardly 'cheating', when we have won the server 30 days before Dom. What do ppl expect us to do o_O

DeletedUser52860

Just

so

sad....!

as usual a minority spoil it for the many. Now an average joe player like me doesn’t even get the benefit of a tiny BP boost if I am upgrading from slow transports to fast or BP if I am internalizing an alliance inactive.

Everything has to be abused to the max in this game and the BS excuses the perpetrators come up to justify it make me wretch.

You are slowly but surely killing the game. Spam, BP boosting, non-stop LMD’s. Anything to make otherwise mediocre players feel better about themselves, that is the long and short of it.

DeletedUser39118

This is the first I've seen of this phenomenon of BP boosting having been away from the game for a while. And I agree it's pretty sad though not surprising. Clever, I suppose. There's always an element of players who will try to win at all costs.
Psychopathy
is traditionally a personality disorder characterised by persistent antisocial behaviour, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.

Now I won't say I've never killed some of my own troops for BP (I mean some slow transports, unneeded soldiers, city conversion, we all have). But never as a matter of course.

I'm sure those folks who employ this BP boosting method will be playing the game in the more traditional manner alongside their dubious methods, but I ask, where's the fun in success when you know in the pit of your stomach that you exploited some legal loophole or slightly underhand tactic? You didn't really earn it, graft for it, lose for it? Yes it's not illegal, and, at the end of the day, only scores on the doors count (if you care for nothing but a prize).

A high level of activity always gave me more success in this game. (though I never actually 'won' anything). When I was not so active, I didn't do so well. We all know this game is about how much time you put into it.

Unless... aaah nevermind.

Whatever happened to night raids and strained RL relationships?
"yes darling i'll be through soon I just can't sleep"
Whatever happened to 5 minute farming and repetitive strain in the wrist?
"wow it's a hella lotta work but sure i need these resources. should i get an ergonomic chair?" (haha what an idiot, the botter says)
Whatever happened to mods wielding command and bots getting banned?
when i first played i seem to remember seeing people banned all the time. it was commonplace.
Why do so many have carnal desires for nothing but fliers?
do you not get bored of using fliers?

Anyway, I digress. I'm still having fun and my conscience is clear!
Peace to all, and a big two finger salute to @LaSophie and your misguided braggadocio.

:)