Discussion How long do Noobs normally last?

DeletedUser19042

Define winning J, in dazland winning is starting on the rim playing with a few cool people and burning through all the bloated core alliances that think they have the world nailed down :) I won gamma imho :p

lol'd.

Well, these days people tend to call 'having all the WW's' winning...So I'm merely adapting. :p

Though, as you say...your description of winning is more accurate. :D

DeletedUser33530

just kidding. Back when i was a noob (nobody comment) the wiki was a great tool. Then i found out who controlled it...
Later a came to the forums for help. I just became a spammer :)

DeletedUser44426

When I was a noob, I didnt know how to get units until I built my harbor. I was completely ignorant of the barracks, and I only had 1 farming village....it was in revolt. So I was unit less for about a good month.

DeletedUser33530

I started in revolt too but it took me like two months to grasp the whole slots and revolt part of the game. Also, I realized that when your a noob people will take advantage of you and that you are just never respected.

DeletedUser44426

I started in revolt too but it took me like two months to grasp the whole slots and revolt part of the game. Also, I realized that when your a noob people will take advantage of you and that you are just never respected.

Aster about 3 months, I created a name for myself and well was hardly attacked, and thrived in my noob years. I once made an alliance back in Rho in EN territory. I also had the same name as them, except instead of eviction, it was evolution notice. We only got until our 2nd ww, and then I disbanded and fought against EN for awhile.....I joined the rest of them after the others left for the hero world.

DeletedUser

Haha, i started on a matured world (in 2010), it was just before it went to WW stage (I had no idea what any of it meant). It was revolt and I'm guessing it was also active morale since no one attacked me until i tried to take one of their cities. Before I took any cities I founded about 3. The challenge was 'How to acquire CP'. I only demanded in the bulk from the farming villages when I didn't ask for troops lol

Anyway, Once I attempted to take someone else's city, I was swiftly put down, by the might of the top 3rd alliance. I lasted a good 3 months, but the game as stale I had time to pretty much do my own thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

Define winning J, in dazland winning is starting on the rim playing with a few cool people and burning through all the bloated core alliances that think they have the world nailed down :) I won gamma imho :p

thats not winning, that is hiding in the rim for 9 month like chiken then starting attacking the core alliances when 90% of their original squad leave.

DeletedUser3613

thats not winning, that is hiding in the rim for 9 month like chiken then starting attacking the core alliances when 90% of their original squad leave.

Or as the cool kids are calling it nowdays.... winning

DeletedUser20415

if that is your definition of wining, I feel sorry for ya :p

DeletedUser3613

Dont feel sorry for me, I have had a good life !! but tis a fact that it is more fun to be in an organised rim alliance nowdays than a premade in the core.

I dont make the rules for fun I jusst follow them ;)

DeletedUser38224

just kidding. Back when i was a noob (nobody comment) the wiki was a great tool. Then i found out who controlled it...
Later a came to the forums for help. I just became a spammer :)

I kind of was too :p

I like browsing the wiki every now and then, maybe i'll find out something i didn't know already.

DeletedUser27700

Moved this to the gameplay discussion section.
How might you be able to help a noob last longer?

DeletedUser35431

Well. You must make friends and found an alliance with them.
As long as you have friends you should be safe. Start on an new world and focus on making friends. I am now the founder of one of the best alliances in Rizinia. I started that alliance with my neighbor and we have now expanded a lot. But I have not been attacked since. And if I do get a threat I post it in the alliance forum and he is gone. We conquer our enemies. If you expand fast people will hesitate more to attack you. In Thebes I expanded real slow so the 10000pt guy thought I was a cool target. I just abandoned that city. I f I log on there will be about 100 attack reports.
Just to support this. The era of the WW's just started and my alliance members left. So I dissolved the alliance. I have been attacked four times ever since. And that was two days ago.

DeletedUser35431

Bump. On another note. Still alliance-less and just got one city conquered.

DeletedUser35431

Bump. P.S. Just joined a new world about a week ago and was inactive until now and I have been attacked 13 times. No one has tried to conquer me though.

DeletedUser

I remember my first ever world on grepolis was theta, though I didn't learn much because I was like 9 yrs old xD

I played with RL friends, but I remember spying on a 250,000 point player for the quest and then getting 80 reports every time I slept -_-

It's a harsh game, unfortunately it takes time to learn it. It's not all about the wiki, although it helps. It's more about learning for yourself, learning how to detect good alliances, and good players. It's hard, and no one can teach you it. You also have to have good teamwork skills, and especially for leaders, good motivation skills. The players who have this naturally (and no life outside grepo) tend to be the best :D

Aicy

Strategos
Dont feel sorry for me, I have had a good life !! but tis a fact that it is more fun to be in an organised rim alliance nowdays than a premade in the core.

I dont make the rules for fun I jusst follow them ;)

This is true. :)

Rim alliances can be a lot of fun.