How long?

DeletedUser5554

So with the new world settings coming out and it looking like Venom is easily the most organized alliance here as of right now how long do you give the world before it dies? I personally have it at 1.5 months.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Maybe 2/3 Months not much longer if it is still around by then

DeletedUser

So with the new world settings coming out and it looking like Venom is easily the most organized alliance here how long do you give the world before it dies? I personally have it at 1.5 months.

As far as my opinion, you can leave Paros at any moment, but this is the thing that is bothering me with this post. This world has many good players, and many are not in Venom 2.0 and with this post you disrespect them all by telling them they have no chance against us, many have come in this world just because of Venom 2.0. Why you might ask. Challenge, trill of playing against strong alliance, that is what grepo is all about and if you have no guts for true war game then you shouldn`t bother going on other servers because you seem do not like to play under the heat. And btw in new world there will be some good premades as always so good luck, I think you ll need it with that way of thinking.

-rep

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33512

As far as my opinion, you can leave Paros at any moment, but this is the thing that is bothering me with this post. This world has many good players, and many are not in Venom 2.0 and with this post you disrespect them all by telling them they have no chance against us, many have come in this world just because of Venom 2.0. Why you might ask. Challenge, trill of playing against strong alliance, that is what grepo is all about and if you have no guts for true war game then you shouldn`t bother going on other servers because you seem do not like to play under the heat. And btw in new world there will be some good premades as always so good luck, I think you ll need it with that way of thinking.

-rep

I Agree Strategos, anyone who bails like that probably isn't worth losing any sleep over anyway.

DeletedUser11508

What are you looking at Stephano?

Wonders of the Worlds :eek:

And where does this Stephano name come in? It sound like Berlusconi party
You can call me StephanosV, Icarus XIII, gabigabi, or simply Steven

DeletedUser33512

Wonders of the Worlds :eek:

And where does this Stephano name come in? It sound like Berlusconi party
You can call me StephanosV, Icarus XIII, gabigabi, or simply Steven

Um k.

I don't really think the new world opening will have that great an effect on this world. And if it does, good luck to those who go :D

And feel free to "look at this player" anytime. :D I just wish I understood you :/

DeletedUser5554

-rep

Preaching to the choir on this one bud. One I know an alliance can fall it happens all the time. However a lot of the time it was in a lively world that keep its buzz lately the world die fast. Now a days when a team establishes early dominance the guys go right out the door. There's always going to be good players not in your alliance wherever you go and I respect that. As a 3 year multitop 12 leader dating all the way back to Theta I've seen a lot of crazy upsets. I'm also not heading to the new world I plan on playing here until another 2 speed opens up so I can start my own team. No offense but I think you should review the underlying point of this thread which is that worlds die faster. While you're entitled to your own opinion and I can respect. I could return the condescending tone you took by pointing out I've probably been in plenty more leading roles over my three years here on Grepolis and how I've been in the underdog situations a lot and came out on top but we'll leave it where it is. I also never said that there's no chance I said they were good you're the one getting defensive and taking this the wrong way. Good alliances don't always last. However they need to be countered with a similar alliance or a well organized coalition I've been on both sides of this fence so I would know. PS best of luck I know carrying on the struggle against the alliance you're in can be real rough. ;)

So going back to clarify this so it doesn't go over any other heads. The main point is that Grepolis worlds die fast now a days. And yes while people will be here exclusively to fight Venom 2.0 many more will ship out for a new world as always. There's no insult meant to anyone sticking.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33530

I think someone will take out venom sooner or later. No offense venom guys but i give you 3 months to be the best 5 months to survive.

DeletedUser5554

I think someone will take out venom sooner or later. No offense venom guys but i give you 3 months to be the best 5 months to survive.

So long as i'm here I may as well offer my services to those who will take them.

DeletedUser39031

*Tries to top 4 core oceans*

*Gets Bored and quits*
I've seen that happen before on Xi so I give them 4-8 months before they do that.

DeletedUser27793

Oh so u think PV left xi bcoz of boredem O.O
lol PV was there on xi for a long time and left after 2.0 came out

DeletedUser39031

Oh so u think PV left xi bcoz of boredem O.O
lol PV was there on xi for a long time and left after 2.0 came out

Well, that is what I heard, they quit because the topped all four cores, although 2.0 may have caused it now that I think of it

FlcoBlades

Phrourach

-rep

You jumped the gun there a bit.. Don't de-rep someone so easily without hearing their counter-argument against your accusations :)

DeletedUser14786

A very good player once told me that the beginning of a world is a sprint (at least in the core) which allows for a relatively small group of players to quickly dominate, but once the top 30-50 players quit the world is there for any alliance's taking. Having played several speed 2 revolt worlds out, I've seen this come true each time.

Why do top players quit after only a few months?
Because right now players either gain their dominant position though ridiculous activity or they purchase their way to dominance. Neither of these things scale well in the long run (gets too expensive, or life catches up with those players). Some top players quit because they feel concerned about addiction to the game or they burn out. Of course there are exceptions but I would not expect more than 10-15% of the top 30 or so players to still be on the server or in that ranking in 4 months.

It's true that Venom 2.0 leads in every statistical ranking right now, but how long will they keep this up? Remember that even the best alliances can only produce culture so fast... which means that even unrivaled, Venom can only expand so fast and definitely won't "kill the world" unless they manage to destroy the very organizational structure of the alliances that oppose them. Moreover, Venom 2.0 players have a great track record but that doesn't tells us if they can invest a long term effort into the server. Grepolis is only half about what you know - and the other half is about having time to invest in the game.

I agree that a lot of players are there to rise to the challenge of a good alliance. I hope that Inno doesn't release too many new worlds in the next few months because that is really what will kill this world. In o45 it may seem like Venom 2.0 is overpowering you - and I'm sure they are - but out here on the rim they just look like another elite alliance that will drive diplomacy around them and vanish in a puff of smoke a few months down the road.

DeletedUser5554

A very good player once told me that the beginning of a world is a sprint (at least in the core) which allows for a relatively small group of players to quickly dominate, but once the top 30-50 players quit the world is there for any alliance's taking. Having played several speed 2 revolt worlds out, I've seen this come true each time.

Why do top players quit after only a few months?
Because right now players either gain their dominant position though ridiculous activity or they purchase their way to dominance. Neither of these things scale well in the long run (gets too expensive, or life catches up with those players). Some top players quit because they feel concerned about addiction to the game or they burn out. Of course there are exceptions but I would not expect more than 10-15% of the top 30 or so players to still be on the server or in that ranking in 4 months.

It's true that Venom 2.0 leads in every statistical ranking right now, but how long will they keep this up? Remember that even the best alliances can only produce culture so fast... which means that even unrivaled, Venom can only expand so fast and definitely won't "kill the world" unless they manage to destroy the very organizational structure of the alliances that oppose them. Moreover, Venom 2.0 players have a great track record but that doesn't tells us if they can invest a long term effort into the server. Grepolis is only half about what you know - and the other half is about having time to invest in the game.

I agree that a lot of players are there to rise to the challenge of a good alliance. I hope that Inno doesn't release too many new worlds in the next few months because that is really what will kill this world. In o45 it may seem like Venom 2.0 is overpowering you - and I'm sure they are - but out here on the rim they just look like another elite alliance that will drive diplomacy around them and vanish in a puff of smoke a few months down the road.

Damn nice to see you again man. I haven't seen you since Ithica whats up? Sadly world releases are exactly why I give the world a month or so. Releasing a 3 speed server is almost instant death the the previous worlds. Everyone will flock in I feel.

@flcoblades I appreciate the support, I'd like to point out on top of the rash judgement of the player he's also egging people on and calling people gutless because they may or may not want to fight V2....While he's sitting right inside of V2 LOL. At least come out of V2 if you're gonna talk about fighting them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14786

Damn nice to see you again man. I haven't seen you since Ithica whats up? Sadly world releases are exactly why I give the world a month or so. Releasing a 3 speed server is almost instant death the the previous worlds. Everyone will flock in I feel.

I agree - a speed 3 world will attract some very active and talented players away from this server, although the non-morale is highly appealing on Paros.
Myself? Took a tour on Naxos and built the best team you ever saw, then took a break for a few months. :) Going to take it easy for a few weeks on Paros and hopefully kick into high gear later this summer. Hit me up if you need a break from the core - I'm under an alias now but always looking for a wing-man or two, as those are what make this game worth playing.

DeletedUser5554

Yeah that's working in Paros favor. I personally prefer 2 speed in general. And ha I was in Naxos but only very briefly I ended up in Pella with an old friend and what was left of AAB Ithica. We ended up being 2nd in the world before I took off. I just came out of a break prior to that I lead Lacking Diplomacy on delos...They're basically set to win the world. :D

And actually i'm just chilling here until the next two speed world opens up. Then i'm shipping out with a team into that world you should come with! :D And if you want to message me in game I have the same name so finding me will be no problem. If you're around 56/66 you should say hello. :)