How many Culture Points is that?

DeletedUser4013

Hmm. I might not be the largest player around, but I got some 207 city slots and 63822 culture points.

Depending on my activity level, I don't find it very hard to gain 2-3 new slots every week. As we grow, the number of cities sustaining your growth is also increasing.

Relatively though, my growth is stagnating a bit. I can't farm efficiently in all my cities anymore, and increasingly depend on resource building to sustain my growth. And I don't think it is unfair that it is easier to achieve growth when you are small. Actually I think it is fair and also a somewhat realistic model of the corruption and waste you get in a large empire. You just don't have the time and resources to be on top of it all, all the time.

Some of us manage fairly well at this level, while others don't. I think that is fair. That is what differentiates a good player from an excellent player. IMHO;-D

cheers,
enga

Who ever said that running a large empire was easy? I think a lot of players find farming to be tedious and not worth the effort as their empire grows. It is far easier to move resources around from various cities instead.

DeletedUser27700

but if im just starting how do i get more culture points?

DeletedUser

but if im just starting how do i get more culture points?

Several ways. The most popular is to attack and get bp. Once you got enough bp it'll let you start a victory procession and with that you can get 1cp for every 300bp you kill.

Some other ways are holding Olympics(50 gold). City festivals(Level 30 academy + 15k wood, 18K stone and 15 silver). Theatre plays(Theatre built in Senate, 10k wood , 12k stone and 10k silver)

For more info...

DeletedUser

Just to clarify, for Iced's benefit.
You can also get culture by holding city festivals (which cost 15k wood, 18k stone and 15k silver) or by paying 50 gold. (If you have a theatre, you can get a CP by paying only 10k wood, 12k stone and 10k silver).

And this was not just a pointless necro. The numbers on the 1st page are useful IMO and shouldn't be lost in the many pages that no-one goes to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i (briefly) scanned through here and didn't see the formula for the relationship between CP and cities, so here are the most important ones. my bad if they are here already.

culture points required for culture level N = (3/2)*(N-2)*(N-1)
i.e. for level 35 you would need (3/2)*33*34 = 1683 culture points

additional culture points required to move from level N-1 to level N = 3*(N-2) (for level 3 and up)
i.e. to move from level 34 to level 35 you would need to gain an additional 3*33 = 99 culture points

DeletedUser

Loled at newbie Iced :p

Good maths Pyth, you suit your name well ;) hehe

DeletedUser

By the time you get to those ridiculous numbers, the age of world wonders would have come and gone and some alliance would have won the world probably. But I wonder... I just got done reading a thread theorizing one person winning a world. If you were to have all these towns producing many, many soldiers and millions upon millions of resources, would it be possible to win the world by yourself?

DeletedUser

The possibilities of winning a world all by yourself have been and are being considered. It would be extremely difficult to manage all those cities effectively not to mention that your probably not going to be the only one with cities in the hundreds. There will be more or less 5-50 (a 50 is a bit excessive(I'm not really sure of the numbers but you get the picture)) players with city counts in the hundreds. Me and I'm sure many others see/have seen it in a world. Perhape if you had hundreds and everyone else had/could have say 10-20 cities, sure MAYBE you could win, assuming you got the free cs slots and the time to coordinate all this, not to mention the units to deal with all the attacks and counter attacks. Now if they all joined together to fight you, you'd have a very hard time. So really in my opinion I don't think you could do it..I could go on and on about the difficulties you'd have winning the world all by yourself..

DeletedUser

There is a player on my server called "Specopsx" that is having a go at it :) He is in an alliance by him self and has got 15 cities now :)

DeletedUser

can someone check my math?

the formula is "For higher levels, the total amount of CP needed to reach cultural level N can be calculated according to this formula:
CP = 3/2(N^2-3N+2)
If you are already at level N-1, you will need to add 3(N-2) cultural points to reach level N."

for 335 cities,

cp=3/2(335 squared -1013) which =3/2 x 111212 = 166818

DeletedUser45120

There are approximately 470,000 potential cities (islands which spawn nodes) in a world.

If every node in the world were opened up it would take 1,290 years on a Speed 3 world and cost £45,472,624,454 if only running Olympics.

As 'insane' as the culture points might first seem - it isn't though. If you were running (for example) just festival in each city then it eventually takes one day to get a new slot in a speed 3:

From 2 to 3 slots: 0.5 days
From 9 to 10 slots: 0.9 days
From 99 to 100 slots: 0.99 days
From 999 to 1,000 slots: 1 day
From 9999 to 10,000 slots: 1 day

DeletedUser31385

Battle points, using resources for festivals, and gold for Olympic games if you buy gold.

DeletedUser31385

Notice the city line is flat while the CP line skyrockets.