How many players left in Iota??......

DeletedUser

You realise it's not an instant delete, right? It's all in the Wiki

DeletedUser

I'm afraid I can't consult the wiki... sadly I never learned how to read.

But instant or "6 months down the line" deletion... if they are telling me I have to abandon 115+ cities and start over... forget it.

DeletedUser

Shame about you reading issue Rooster, may want to invest in an evening class or something.

Abandonment is not on the cards, i do believe that there is an endgame or something too. I don't personally know the specificas so i suggest you learn how to read so you can address your concerns on the Wiki.

DeletedUser

Could I get a link to that page? I can read, but I haven't been able to find the page yet.

DeletedUser

According to Tyrion it's on the WW page on the Wiki should have the reference, but it's definitely in the discussion on the forums in the Agora

DeletedUser

Here is what the wiki says:

From http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/World_Wonders

Hero Worlds & Wonders: The connection
I have to build how many Wonders?

How do I get into the Hero World?

Can I join a Hero World if I don't play that world?

These are just a few of the many questions that players have about the Wonders and how they are connected to the Hero Worlds. This part of the Wiki should hopefully help you and answer these questions.
The Connection
The following should help to illustrate how the Hero Worlds are connected to the 'Warrior' Worlds by the Wonders. As the feature is new, we hope to shed a little light on what happens when a Hero World is unlocked and when players can enter them.

To begin with: The Hero Worlds are set to be released in Q1 of 2012, but this does not mean that all players will have access to them at that time. That is when it will be possible to enter one if the Heroic Tactician Award requirement is fulfilled.

There will still be a minor connection between the World Wonders and the Hero Worlds. This will be an increase in the maximum favour for those alliances which manage to build 4 of the 7 Wonders in their Warrior World. It will be a 10% increase or another 50 favour.

From http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Hero_Worlds
Hero Worlds

A Hero World is an extension of the normal Grepolis worlds. These worlds offer a new goddess with new powers and mythical units, increased building levels and new structure graphics. In addition to that the Hero World academies offer brand new technologies, which will add new dimensions to the game. Hero Worlds were created specifically for experienced players. A special award is required for players who are not in the winning alliance as a prerequisite to enter the Hero Worlds. This award can be earned in the normal Grepolis worlds.

It seems there is some information about how hero worlds start, but no information about the state of the old world.

The original question had nothing to do with hero worlds and everything to do with player count. The rumor is that Iota ceases to exist when we hit 1000 players. I have searched the forums for key phrases like "world delete" and "end game" and have come up empty. We're at 1005 players now. I just want to know if I have 24 hours or 24 months to wrap up whatever I'm doing in Iota after we hit 1000 players.

I'll even add something about hero worlds so that the post will get more attention: I think I read somewhere that there will be a Hero Iota only after the members of an alliance are crowned "Heroes of Iota". What happens if there is no winning alliance by the time Iota's time is up? Is there no Hero Iota?

DeletedUser

Oh there will be an endgame scenario, although i personally do not know details. Definitely not going to be short term 24hours left of Iota thing going on here. Hero Worlds will be opening soon as per the announcement and are available to all who have a heroic tactician award, i don't quite know the ins and outs of how the winning alliance moving to the Hero world unfortunately.

DeletedUser

Oh there will be an endgame scenario, although i personally do not know details. Definitely not going to be short term 24hours left of Iota thing going on here. Hero Worlds will be opening soon as per the announcement and are available to all who have a heroic tactician award, i don't quite know the ins and outs of how the winning alliance moving to the Hero world unfortunately.

Here are two threads that explain it... the first calls for a 4 week ENDGAME http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?31593-End-of-a-world

here is a follow up thread it seems threads like these are not liked at all so are closed lickty-split (I am with Rooster on this... giving up 135 cities = loses my business) http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?31666-End-of-the-world-Part-2

AND we are currently at 954 according to: http://grepointel.com/worldstats.php?server=en1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks, both of you for the information. :) That helps.

Edit: As of right now, Iota is still above 1000 in that link. "Player #" is the operative column.

DeletedUser15240

Just thought I'd give you an update, you have 3 players left to go

DeletedUser

Hmmm.... maybe we shouldn't rate it by player... cuz one good player is worth like a gazillion sucky players....

DeletedUser

Hmmm.... maybe we shouldn't rate it by player... cuz one good player is worth like a gazillion sucky players....

992 players left... not sure if the axe will fall... I hope they weigh the fact that 2 more WWs got done and allow us to play this out....

DeletedUser

If they don't... we'll amass an armada of light ships and triremes outnumbering the one that attacked Troy...

our troops shall outnumber the grains of sand upon the beach... outnumber the stars in the evening sky.... outnumber the cigarette butts on the ground outside a Denny's restaurant.......

And we shall set sail from every island of Iota..... and pass beyond the veil beyond worlds.... beyond the great firewall.... and destroy the developers in their lofty cubicle citadel.

Either that, or I might write a stern email.

DeletedUser

I am sure this only becomes an issue after one alliance has 4 ww completed, however at this rate there will not be many of us left to see the day lol

We could get ever player left in Iota in 15 alliances at the moment and there are only about 700 players with more than 1 city. Have just checked, we have 123 alliances in Iota with about 70 alliances only having 1 player in them.

Hopefully TDC can get the job done soon and we can all get into the Hero world, if we have to wait for a different alliance to build the 4 ww we will be here all year!!

Congrats to Phenomenon on finishing their first ww though

DeletedUser

Hopefully TDC can get the job done soon and we can all get into the Hero world, if we have to wait for a different alliance to build the 4 ww we will be here all year!!

Completion of world wonders is no longer a requirement for entry into the hero worlds. All one needs is the Heroic Tactician award, which I would imagine most of you qualify, and should have already received.

DeletedUser

I was told by management that I wouldn't be allowed into the Hero Worlds.... they said I lacked the required Tacticianary prowess.

DeletedUser

Completion of world wonders is no longer a requirement for entry into the hero worlds. All one needs is the Heroic Tactician award, which I would imagine most of you qualify, and should have already received.

Right As Jenn said, I believe 99% of the people on Iota has this. But, I read it some where that it don't matter if one Alliance has 4 WW's or Not Once the Member/Players on any World Drops below the 1K mark There will be a Mass mail sent out to all who is on that World they Grepo' will close that World in 6 weeks....

To obtain the Award you must complete the following 5 challenges:

Requirement Challenge Number
1 Found a city 1
2 Takeover a city 1
3 Cast a divine spell 100 times
4 Ranklisting points 20,000
5 Battlepoints 7500

DeletedUser

would you still be eligible to join the hero world if you got the Award but then left say... last week?