How much have you spent?

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
I have spent 400 gold I had already and made back 300 of that selling resources. I’m gonna turn a profit by tomorrow and have my advisors (without merchant) for two weeks already paid for… and I’m currently 14th ranked on server and 5th in ABP. I’m nearly half done with bandits lols!

The purpose of this thread is academic and related to the preworld discussion as well as some discussions on the nonworld threads. Let’s actually ask all top ranked players how much gold they are using to rank in points or ABP.

How much have you spent?

Last edited:

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
I think this question is like asking a body builder , how much have you spent on supplements and dietary foods to get so ripped?
;) I have now made back my 400 gold and am ranked 12 in points and 3 in ABP. I also have 4 of 5 advisers for two weeks and have queued to Senate 14 and Academy 14…. Not bad for first day on a server!
The question remains, how much have you spent?
I said it is not just theoretically possible to get to CQ and have 3 cities without spending gold before BP ends. I am proving that gold isn’t needed. I haven’t spent any gold as the 4 advisors are free for 3 days due to quests. I have not used gold to purchase resources or speed any builds or research. In fact, I already made the gold back for my advisors after BP.

Jim Lizard

Taxiarch
;) I have now made back my 400 gold and am ranked 12 in points and 3 in ABP. I also have 4 of 5 advisers for two weeks and have queued to Senate 14 and Academy 14…. Not bad for first day on a server!
The question remains, how much have you spent?
I said it is not just theoretically possible to get to CQ and have 3 cities without spending gold before BP ends. I am proving that gold isn’t needed. I haven’t spent any gold as the 4 advisors are free for 3 days due to quests. I have not used gold to purchase resources or speed any builds or research. In fact, I already made the gold back for my advisors after BP.
Early days lol , you'll start to see guys grow to 5-6 cities very fast soon :D

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Another gold whining circlejerk thread
Whether you use gold, farm gold, or avoid gold, the subject of gold use is actually a valid discussion. I’ve been around long enough to have blown hundreds of dollars on a server. I use quite a bit less now and enjoy the game more. This thread isn’t a complaint thread. It’s actually about economical use of gold within the game and it’s current mechanics.
You just don’t like the subject because your game is based on gold.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
Whether you use gold, farm gold, or avoid gold, the subject of gold use is actually a valid discussion. I’ve been around long enough to have blown hundreds of dollars on a server. I use quite a bit less now and enjoy the game more. This thread isn’t a complaint thread. It’s actually about economical use of gold within the game and it’s current mechanics.
You just don’t like the subject because your game is based on gold.
Haha i take that as the ultimate compliment, thinking i'm a big golder :D

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Haha i take that as the ultimate compliment, thinking i'm a big golder :D
No, you are a gold farmer. Nothing wrong with that. My only issue with you is that you refuse to acknowledge that excessive gold use is what destroyed the player base.
I’m farming a little gold myself on this server, but I’m not spending any except for 4 advisors. I’m using the actual game mechanics and still in top 20 players on the server.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
No, you are a gold farmer. Nothing wrong with that. My only issue with you is that you refuse to acknowledge that excessive gold use is what destroyed the player base.
I’m farming a little gold myself on this server, but I’m not spending any except for 4 advisors. I’m using the actual game mechanics and still in top 20 players on the server.
This game is anything but p2w. Try play some real p2w games and you will come screaming back to Grepolis. Any game where you can be top 25 - well even top 10 is not P2W

BLG-CH

Phrourach
This game is anything but p2w. Try play some real p2w games and you will come screaming back to Grepolis. Any game where you can be top 25 - well even top 10 is not P2W
This game not being p2w is one of the main reasons I keep coming back, lol.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
It’s not as P2W as say Vikings is. There, the whole game is buying epic resource and speedup packs to instant build 500 million troops and lose them all fighting in events such as Holmgang or the game’s version of Ragnarok which is an all world free for all.
However, the player base was destroyed here by P2W since the devs decided to cater to the internet slot machine personality which is essentially the same as a gambling addiction. When the devs cap gold and advertise, that’s when you will see 20k player servers return to grepolis. They have done a great job adding features, but unlimited spending is the 800 pound gorilla in the room that you choose to pretend isn’t there.