How To......Basic Xenforo Forum Driving Lessons

• Thread starter DeletedUser37468
  • Start date

DeletedUser37468

I hope that I am not treading on any toes by doing this and I apologise if I am....its fairly obvious that the new forum is proving a tad difficult for some to navigate, so here are a few easy pointers to help you settle into your new home...

Click on the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen "What's New"
To get to the newest post, click on the time that is underneath the last poster's name and that will take you to the newest posts in that thread

To start a new thread....

Floating on the right of your screen is a large blue spot with a + in the middle, to start a new thread, just simply click the blue spot and the screen will open up and you can post your new thread and submit it as you would normally on vB forums

To log out of the forums....

At the bottom on the navigation bar at the very right is a small square with your avatar on it, click that and a mini screen (quick look) or full screen will open, scroll down the left side and simply click "Log Out" and that will take you off the forums

Private Messaging....

Private messaging can be done here, its just called "conversations" instead...to access your conversations, go to navigation bar at the bottom of your screen and click the two quotation icon next to your avatar tab...once clicked the screen will change and you can send/receive private messages as you would on vB

Xenforo is a natural progression from the older vB and will take time to get used to...a good way to get used to it is to go explore all the clickable gizmo's on the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen...have a play with it, get used to what does what and where....

If anyone has any other questions as to how to find your way around your new forum layout, just use this thread and someone will come and rescue you :)

DeletedUser31385

I'm going to create a new thread explaining the Grepolis forums soon (with pictures). This is fine for now.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
question for anyone regarding pms/ convos:
is there a way to set things up so that all msgs in one "thread" go together as a convo?
right now, i have 10 msgs with one friend on one topic but it looks like 10 separate items

or alternatively is there a way to set up an inbox/ set as we had in the old system? it's not ideal but at least i'd know which goes where

thanks for the help

DeletedUser30490

question for anyone regarding pms/ convos:
is there a way to set things up so that all msgs in one "thread" go together as a convo?
right now, i have 10 msgs with one friend on one topic but it looks like 10 separate items

or alternatively is there a way to set up an inbox/ set as we had in the old system? it's not ideal but at least i'd know which goes where

thanks for the help
It is set up to look like a conversation,its just the old systems messages that you see a new thread for each message. Have you tried starting a conversation after the migration?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
no druvi, cuz i'm not all that happy with the forum now so i spend less time here... harder for me to tell if the threads i care about have new posts, even with the what's new

but, didn't realize that it was only stuff that migrated that was diff threads in convos
will have a chat with someone and see if it's "cleaner"
thanks for the reply