How to get attacker of the day awards easily?

DeletedUser

Hello everyone, i'm Grelios.
I post this thread in order to find out how many players (especially DCS) got a lot of aotd awards.
Could you guys tell me how?

DeletedUser

I know, but when i attack, there must be a player who killed more units than me =.='

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The easiest way is to attack smart. Find out what cities of an enemy are offensive and kill the troops there while they are offline, that gets you a bunch of bp and you lose few units thus allowing you to attack more without rebuilding. Also killing off an enemies LS nuke give a ton of bp if it's a full sized nuke. Back-tracking attacks that you have dodged is a good way to gain ABP as well. Then of course you could always just butcher everything around you, that ought to net you some good ABP but that requires luck and a ton of offense.

DeletedUser22650

and remember it works on the amount of units killed not on bp gained so 2000 slingers is worth 10x 200ls even though its the same amount of bp gained, for attacker awards you need to kill ppls land nukes

DeletedUser15905

All of my AotD awards came from attacking well-defended enemy cities. When you attack a large and active player they're going to stack the city, and if you manage to break through that's usually enough for an AotD if you've attacked during a weekday. I find this is the easiest way to get them because you don't have to spend your time finding the units to kill, the enemy puts them all neatly piled in one spot for you to destroy.

DeletedUser

I would have to agree with Monovoa. Most of my AotD awards have come from heavily defended enemy cities. The key is to break down the wall with your revolt attack (catapults) and keep quaking and sending catapults in waves. Your land nukes and LS nukes will clear all incoming support as long as you have the firepower to deliver before your CS lands. Most importantly, you get the best value out of your offense, yielding more ABP than the enemy's DBP. It's a great tactic.

Also in the past when there was a greater presence of enemy cities in our central oceans, I would build massive land nukes on islands shared with enemies and choose a day to launch them all. Some Lost Boys and NSPG players may remember this ;)

Edit: AotD awards have been restored :)

How many AotD awards do you have? I'm very curious to see how many the top 10 attackers have. I'm at 19 currently.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I only have 2
Now i regret having max point cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

AotD awards take a bit of luck. In addition to the troop stacked enemy city(s), you have to time it before midnight. Not to mention the competition during an OP, especially if Amenoid is your teammate LOL! He has 35 AotDs to my 12. :D

The most elusive award for me is Robber of the day. I have none and Ive farmed cities all day and then some.

DeletedUser15905

Even though I made it to the top 5 in ABP I only have 11 AotDs so far. They're very elusive.

DeletedUser

But some people got them so fast, such as GenesisForces and Spraxflyin. They got lucky everytime.

DeletedUser

It is definitely an elusive award, but skill and army size are definitely bigger factors. Of my 19 AotD awards, I have gotten 30k+ ABP for most of them. Only a few times I had about 20k and won the award, which was greatly attributed to luck (not many people attacking that day). Typically, if you get 30k+ ABP in one day, you will get the award ;)

Who else wants to share? :)

DeletedUser

No, i didn't mean that.
I just say most cities you hit had lots of land troops. Everytime i attack a city, it usually has over 2000 biremes