Guide How to Get Cs ready in a new server

DeletedUser

Right guys

Shortly i deploy to the Gulf and will be gone alongtime hence i will have to hand my account over and probably with that will not return, so i have decided to reveal the basic strategy i used to rise to the top in any server i have played.

This guide is part of three Guides that will help you Conquer your first city fast

The Second stage- Choosing First CS Target and Posting ~
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=32085

The Third stage- How TO Conquer you First Target as a Team ~
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=32086

This is just guidance which i developed but is something that has helped me get to the top end of every server i have played in many interntional servers, even a Japaneese one.

Most experienced players know how to build and will be always above the curve in any new world because they will get CS ready fast, but i would like to let you in how i build up in new worlds, farming and all that to bring less experience players in to the loop so you actually have a chance.

If you follow what I do when starting a new world you should be able to get that 2nd and 3rd city alot faster than most in the server will do.

It is very basic and very important that you dont spend any resource on builds that are not going to get you cs ready.

Step 1. Get 7 farms as soon as possible, theese troops should get you what you want.

1ª- 1 swordman
2ª- 6 swordman
3ª- 10 swordman
4ª- 10 slinger (fill with swordman until 40 needed)
5ª- 32 hoplites (fill with swordman and slinger until 100 needed)
6ª- 15 horsemen (fill with swordman and slinger until 300 needed)
7ª- 140 slinger (fill with swordman and slinger, horsemen and hoplites until 600 needed)

Step 2. Farming each 5 minutes during 17 hours a day to get the maximun limit everyday and 5 minutes before you take the maximum limit at day, you can do the last demand of 4 hours, then you get MORE than the limit, about 1000 resources per FV more. (if you got that time available ofcourse)

Step 3. Only make the buildings needed to get horsemen, level up farm and wharehouse, a bit later, you can level up senate to level 9 and level up the cave to spend the silver left over.

Step 4. Get the harbor and buy to the phoenician merchant the catapult as soon as possible, get 1 or 2, two is much better for a trick (optional)

Step 5. attack to everybody in your island and pillage them off resources and bp.

Step 6. Make some boats and attack people in another islands and destroy them fast to get their resources as soon as possible. If possible try get some l/s first. but if under 1.5K likely hood they don't have any bireme.

Destroy their wall with catapult, but never send the catapult with horsemen, coordinate this two attacks:
1º-send 10 slinger + 2 catapult + 2 boat
2º-your power attack to clean the city, for example 50 horsemen or 200 slinger.
You have to coordinate both attacks to arrive first the power attack and them the catapult.
If you do that, you'll never lose any catapult and you will destroy all the walls that you want to. (optional with cats)

Step 7. NEVER level up the timber, silver or wood past 20 because your now farming now you don't really need them..

Step 8. Then spend all your resources to level up fast the academy and the harbor, farm and warehouse to conquer quickly. level up the academy to maximum level.

hope this gives you a little more direction, i know it helps me. This is just my own guide and its just alittle guidance, but we have alot of experienced guys who also know what they are doing i am sure they do it slightly different aswell, hope it helps all those who are new to this Game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Could you make one for people who don't play Grepolis a lot?

DeletedUser

Temple?

This is Amazing. Can someone please tell me when I should build the temple during all of this?

DeletedUser

I would after all of it, the other things are more important.
And this is a really good guide.

DeletedUser

Step 6. Make some boats and attack people in another islands and destroy them fast to get their resources as soon as possible. If possible try get some l/s first. but if under 1.5K likely hood they don't have any bireme.

Destroy their wall with catapult, but never send the catapult with horsemen, coordinate this two attacks:
You have to coordinate both attacks to arrive first the power attack and them the catapult.
If you do that, you'll never lose any catapult and you will destroy all the walls that you want to. (optional with cats)

I didn't quite understand what he means here... I want to co-ordinate the attack so the horsemen/Slingers land first?? Then the Catapult team? or the otherway around?? And if so, how far apart should they be?? The rest of the guide is excellent, just a little fuzzy around this area with the gramatical errors, anyone with clarification??

DeletedUser

he means that you should send the power attack first. Then the cats will knock down the walls.

Also, you should time these attacks to come within seconds of each other so that if the player is experienced in Grepolis, he won't be able to just dodge the first attack and wipe out the second. (though most people would just dodge both)

DeletedUser

This is Amazing. Can someone please tell me when I should build the temple during all of this?

temple is not necessary for conquest, so for the fastest route to conquest you would build a temple after your 1st CS. a lot of people like to build a level or 2 though to generate enough favour to cast a boosting spell (e.g. heroic power) on their first CS attack, in which case get a lvl or 2 asap.

decent simple guide, wd taking the time to write it :)

DeletedUser

I was lucky enough to get into Nickossas ally in Chi. With his help/advise i went from a complete noob to being ranked top 20 points and top 10 abp after 1 month of being in the ally and 2 months into the world. Managed to keep those rankings for a good 8-10 months.

DeletedUser

The hardest thing for me to find in this was errors. good job!

DeletedUser31624

Right guys

Would this work as a land attack too? ie would the Cats survive?

Been trying to simulate this and the 2 cat always seem to die, am i missing anything?

thx

Tal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah there is just one problem to this.
Farming each 5 minutes during 17 hours a day 17 hours a day ? What ... the ... f*# ???
Do you live ?

DeletedUser

Right guys

1ª- 1 swordman
2ª- 6 swordman
3ª- 10 swordman
4ª- 10 slinger (fill with swordman until 40 needed)
5ª- 32 hoplites (fill with swordman and slinger until 100 needed)
6ª- 15 horsemen (fill with swordman and slinger until 300 needed)
7ª- 140 slinger (fill with swordman and slinger, horsemen and hoplites until 600 needed)

[/b]

This means that most of your troops die. It is better if you use more troops and less die.
1 - 6 swordsmen (1 dies)
2 - 10 sworsdmen (3 die)
3 - 10 slingers (5 die)
4 - 40 hoplites (25 die)

Also, use the simulator in the Agora.

DeletedUser

This means that most of your troops die. It is better if you use more troops and less die.
1 - 6 swordsmen (1 dies)
2 - 10 sworsdmen (3 die)
3 - 10 slingers (5 die)
4 - 40 hoplites (25 die)

Also, use the simulator in the Agora.
this guide is written as a rush to conquest, and when you start out you would be taking the first few FV's before you build an academy and you would want to take them ASAP. this means you would use the minimum number of swords possible to get your income up as early as you can, so i agree with nickossas troop suggestions for the most part, just maybe the (fill with swordsmen) part might be changed to (fill with any troop you can afford) :p

DeletedUser

Is there a guide on how to be able to colonize another city ASAP in a recently founded city? Not a noob, very strategic reason for this.

The situation is much different because we are in the WW era and my island is comprised of 13k enemy cities

DeletedUser

Ah good ol nickossa. Nice guide, I remember him and socrates34 going back and forth in Corinth over the whole gold use. nick was a good player and wrote a good guide. I think he should have mentioned the gold he used.

Looks like I am bringing this back from the dead.