How To Help The New Players/Grow The Community - A Community Effort

DeletedUser41523

A 2/1 or any kind of "casual" world wouldn't only be populated by new players even if Inno explicitly said it was designed for newer players. When I last played Olous some of the better players I knew and have come to know in conquest were all there. The settings might deter a top tier team but they won't deter a pick up style premade or the experienced players from joining, people may join those kinds of settings to have a more easy going world, to relearn the game after being away, to try something new, etc. So there would still be plenty of opportunity to learn.

As for the revolt vs conq stuff. This isn't really a revolt vs conquest post. As much as the Olympus thing sucks for revolt players right now. The topic is about helping newer players.

curadh

Phrourach
There is nothing at the moment for any players new to Grepo anyway .. just Olympus conquest (which are in fact all beta anyway as there is no official beta server). I have had to tell people that have asked me about Grepo to give it a miss until at least a speed 2 stable server appears (whether they will look again or just play other games I don't know) ... in the current world climate when people have more time available to be online any servers need to be an absolute minimum of speed 2 in order to keep players engaged .... and yes any casual servers opened now would get experienced players joining, simply because there would be no alternative and so this could be disheartening for any new players unless they already know players in the server that can help them, otherwise it will be their first and likely last experience of playing Grepo. This could really only be mitigated by open both a casual server (recommending that new players join that) and a proper server at the same time.

I appreciate that @Hydna and @Baudin Toolan can't give info about future server intentions, but someone with the authority to do this needs to make a statement and let everyone know (the silence is deafening)

DeletedUser38766

A 2/1 or any kind of "casual" world wouldn't only be populated by new players even if Inno explicitly said it was designed for newer players. When I last played Olous some of the better players I knew and have come to know in conquest were all there. The settings might deter a top tier team but they won't deter a pick up style premade or the experienced players from joining, people may join those kinds of settings to have a more easy going world, to relearn the game after being away, to try something new, etc. So there would still be plenty of opportunity to learn.

As for the revolt vs conq stuff. This isn't really a revolt vs conquest post. As much as the Olympus thing sucks for revolt players right now. The topic is about helping newer players.
Yes, sorry for going out of topic.

But well, i think new player actually wants to try out faster world before. When they join, they don’t know whats going on anyway. About endgames they have no clue at all. Revolt or CQ, they don’t care because they do not know difference anyway. What i think they first look is how to build as fast as possible, thats all the difference they know about slow vs fast speed. Also i think they don’t care when they join the server, neither the difference. So new player just would join the latest world possible or the latest fast world possible. If he gets into rim and has a chance of picking up there by a solid team, thats the only way that might get his intrest more into game imo.

I think if we want to grow community then we shouldn’t have just so called revolt player and conquest players. For example right now there is not any new revolt world available atm. What those good revolt teams could do is to join cq just for fun and with the focus more to teach newer player Rather than win the world. Same goes to cq players who could join revolt time to time with the focus of teaching newer players.

This would make worlds in both systems larger and competeable + there would be always some teams that teach basics to newer players. But this is only up to us. All inno could do is to advertise again. Btw i got into this game simply because i saw ad in eurosports. And also if inno fixes major overpowered things in game, it might get old school players back as well.

We can discuss about it as much as we want, in the end action is what makes difference from both inno and experienced players

Last edited by a moderator:

1saaa

Strategos
This is why the fast build times low tts server is an idea Im particularly fond of.

It would allow for relaxed grepo without waiting a year to build one nuke.

curadh

Phrourach
I think if we want to grow community then we shouldn’t have just so called revolt player and conquest players. For example right now there is not any new revolt world available atm. What those good revolt teams could do is to join cq just for fun and with the focus more to teach newer player Rather than win the world. Same goes to cq players who could join revolt time to time with the focus of teaching newer players.
So you would advocate football players play rugby instead of the game they want to play? Why should any player not be able to play the system they want to play? If they chose to play both thats fair enough and their choice .. but they have to be given that choice

DeletedUser38766

So you would advocate football players play rugby instead of the game they want to play? Why should any player not be able to play the system they want to play? If they chose to play both thats fair enough and their choice .. but they have to be given that choice
(Facepalm)... i had more to say there buddy. But i'm done with you for now.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Changing the settings around a bit or picking settings that typically aren't as appealing to our more hardcore group of players is certainly something we can look into doing. I don't know about the release of another Hyperborea like world but we can most definitely ask about it. As for doing a double release of worlds that does not happen often so I can't say we'd be able to release a fast competitive world alongside a slower world for players who would like a bit more of a relaxed world. However we can check to see if that would be possible in the future.

curadh

Phrourach
(Facepalm)... i had more to say there buddy. But i'm done with you for now.
you CHOOSE to play both systems .. many don't and they started playing to play revolt .. there are many now playing conquest that would leave their servers in a heartbeat as soon as a revolt server is opened, most good players don't play more than one at a time (apart from maybe trading) .... others that would start playing only want to play revolt in order to be with friends they know play and they have discussed the systems with.

New starters need to be encouraged and helped in both systems and have clear transparent choices of what each system suits, such as their own time restraints etc

curadh

Phrourach
Just looked at server details and maybe to encourage new players it should give the type of player the server is most suitable for (or not) .. at the moment it only gives the type of Alliance that a server would suit ... this doesn't help any new player at all ... and maybe a link to a description of the key differences between conquest and revolt would help a new player to make more informed choice. I'm sure Innos want to retain new players and this might go some way to making sure that their first experience of Grepolis isn't short lived and their last.

Shuri2060

Strategos
This might put some pressure on the developers and servers, but how about AI players that don't have to be particularly smart... but can do some basic building and tactics. A way to provide food to prevent worlds from dying out, and make easier targets for new players. PvP is always a challenge.

They uh... probably shouldn't attack players/try taking cities unless they are attacked first or they are inactive.