Guide How to use the alliance forum (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Are you a n00b? do you actually consider typing up a battle report instead of posting one? do you tell you allies were citys are by typing in the coordinates. then this guide is for you, or more importantly the people who have to put up with your complete lack of understanding on how BBCode's work(Bulletin Board Code).

Intro
Intro_1.jpg

this is your alliance forum a window into the inner workings of your alliance the tabs with the split arrows on them are multi alliance forums hover your mouse over them to see what other alliances share them.

For this guide i will be using the full screen alliance forum which can be reached by pressing the Maximize button.

Posting links to players, alliances and websites
Url_Player_Ally.jpg

Webpage - to post a link you must wrap it in the code, when you click on the little.../s19.postimage.org/eurcmw8n3/awards.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is my first guide ever criticism is welcome i will adjust the guide accordingly if it is wrong and give credit for useful ideas. i also made pic for all the alliance forum features e.g. font size, colors, islands but decided they were unnecessary am willing to expand on this guide though upon request.

i have now edited this guide to work in the alliance forum you will have to reply with quotes then copy and past it into your forum post

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its good but you should also add material for the leaders here like about hidden forums,how to set first forums,forum moderation,moving threads,sharing forums with other alliances etc etc

DeletedUser

im afraid i dont have forum moderator status so i cant write a guide for them

DeletedUser18132

What do you mean? Just copy this and paste it there.

DeletedUser18132

No, no!! I was telling you how to do it, since you said you can't write one.:Angry:

DeletedUser

its good but you should also add material for the leaders here like about hidden forums,how to set first forums,forum moderation,moving threads,sharing forums with other alliances etc etc
actually I was talking about adding the materials for a new player who is leader of an alliance

DeletedUser

actually I was talking about adding the materials for a new player who is leader of an alliance

good idea, having never had forum moderator status before i will have to join a new world found an alliance learn how everything works and then write a guide to it so it make take a few days

DeletedUser

I'm trying to make a hidden forum. i have it created, but I need to know how to only add my Council members. We want to discuss alliance business, keeping arguments hidden from the group, so we can present a united front for our members.

I have it set up, but it only will let me add alliances, not single people. I have applied with support, and they tell me to change preferences. I did that, but no change, even after refreshing the browser.

Can you help???

Status
Not open for further replies.