I would like Special Consideration

DeletedUser

Dear Innogames,

I am very worried. I fear Hyperboria is going to fall below the 300 active player rule and be shut down.

I understand why the rule exists: not enough players, and the world isnt worth the time...but here its different. This is the only world without conquest/revolt. As an adult with a full time job and many responsibilities I cannot excel in the normal worlds where I can lose cities, but I love this game and I want to play!

I ask this: please make an exception to the 300 player rule for Hyperborea, Or at least create another "no conquest/revolt" world in its place when it does get shut down.

In defense of my plea: I have spent $159.95 on this world alone. I am sure others have spent money on this world (maybe not quite as much as me) who would be unable (or unwilling) to play any other world. If I play a game, I want to be able to excel, despite my severe time handicap.

:pro:

Sincerely,
-manoleas

DeletedUser28686

well said agree 100% i'm sure it was made for people who cant commit 15 hour days to Grepolis but still want to enjoy, without having to worry about not having a city when they log on.

DeletedUser23986

Hyperborea is not getting shut down. There are still over 2500 players left

DeletedUser

You can use the grepostats.com home screen to roughly monitor the current player count in a world. Hyperborea is EN45.

I do believe we'll have a new one open by the time Hyperborea closes, which will may be longer than the worlds around it. :)

DeletedUser3613

As there is no WW the world will never be closed to new players, therefore it should last a while ;)

DeletedUser

I too am pleased about this as i played full contact Grep for about 2 years but had to give up because of work commitments.
Thank goodness for Grep Light long live Hyperborea.

DeletedUser

whovever posts last in this thread is famous, as nothing else ever gets posted in hyborea.

DeletedUser29066

Why doesn't anyone post in Hyperborea forums?

Most players don't seem to take Hyper seriously since there is no conquest of active players allowed, so there is little forum activity. But it's a good world for beginners, those players who want to practice certain setups, or just kill time between winding down one world and starting another, and there's a lot of good folks in Hyper.

DeletedUser

Hyper is one of those worlds that will not reach the 300 limit, it is just to good. One world that I would not have to worry about cities being taken, my simming heaven.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, I feel like if Hyper is shut down(very possible) it would really drive away the casual Grepo players forever. I mean the only options are:
1. Have a life.
2. Play Grepo as a substitute for your life.
3. Play Hyper and have a half-life.

Lugosi

Strategos
Indeed either life revolves around Grepo or Grepo revolves around life. I'm currently at the latter and hope to maintain a very strong extent of that second option otherwise I'll quit again and go back to spamming guessasketch instead.

Most players don't seem to take Hyper seriously since there is no conquest of active players allowed, so there is little forum activity. But it's a good world for beginners, those players who want to practice certain setups, or just kill time between winding down one world and starting another, and there's a lot of good folks in Hyper.

I don't think it is that, I think it is filled largely by kill time players rather than fresh players or players who are concentrating solely on Hype so they don't really bother getting involved to a forum extent. There is definitely still an atmosphere of fight that you see in conquest/revolt worlds here. I for one will be fighting as much as possible once I have defenses to fall back upon.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hyper is still not the full grepolis experience though. It will not close because new players or semi retired ones will play this. As long as registration does not close.

Lugosi

Strategos
It is a very close substitute to the real thing as you can still fight. The only real difference is the way you counter enemy alliances; instead of conquering their cities you colonize in hotspot areas.