Idalium is failing

DeletedUser42118

Surely to demoralise your opponent to the point they throw in the towel must be one of the objectives of a war game chaps?

If there are only 2 alliances left when ME have been mostly eviscerated, then those two alliances (presumably) will go to war.

Thus keeping it interesting for all involved. Those who dropped out when the going got tough deserve no sympathy in my book.

Agreed, but with players coming on here stating that they want the best for the world and don't want players to quit i thought letting them know what is happening might go some way to helping this stop.

**************************************************************************************************

It 's clearly a plan of Apa's to recruit out of this war with ME. I think your plan isn't gonna turn out how you'd like. By taking easy targets (always the side of the wolves) you show little character, basically joining wars when you see opponents falling and then kicking them whilst down. Players would rather quit than join/work with people like this. Some people need to grow a pair and take a challenge on.

On the back of this^^^^^^^^, i do understand that not all Apa players are attacking us. I'd say this is because of some of the things i've stated above.

DeletedUser

are you guys really that blind? did it ever occur to anyone that part of our tactics for WW include things like you've explained as well as other things?

situational awareness is more than looking out your front door, people.
and as far as recruiting, we'll headhunt anyone who's a proven player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42118

are you guys really that blind? did it ever occur to anyone that part of our tactics for WW include things like you've explained as well as other things?

situational awareness is more than looking out your front door, people.
and as far as recruiting, we'll headhunt anyone who's a proven player.

Yes well aware bud, you might merge into the Wolves. So obvious an option i felt it didn't need stating

DeletedUser12006

Surely to demoralise your opponent to the point they throw in the towel must be one of the objectives of a war game chaps?

If there are only 2 alliances left when ME have been mostly eviscerated, then those two alliances (presumably) will go to war.

Thus keeping it interesting for all involved. Those who dropped out when the going got tough deserve no sympathy in my book.

Not sure who all quit because it got tough, more like many quit because the world became ame an dunchalleging and most of us who have RL obligations find it hard to log on to the mess.I for one am not leaving because its tough as far as fighting everyone,,been doing that over a year..the game only interest a few, and players in all alliances at one point complained on how the world ended up,,yes even some in DW were mad as they cant get any action due to locations of war..this world was fun until the super merges happened..why play something if you dont enjoy it

DeletedUser

Not sure who all quit because it got tough, more like many quit because the world became ame an dunchalleging and most of us who have RL obligations find it hard to log on to the mess.I for one am not leaving because its tough as far as fighting everyone,,been doing that over a year..the game only interest a few, and players in all alliances at one point complained on how the world ended up,,yes even some in DW were mad as they cant get any action due to locations of war..this world was fun until the super merges happened..why play something if you dont enjoy it

From my perspective the players who seem to lose alot of interest from the creation of the super alliances are mainly those in the super alliances. Being in APA has been very enjoyable and we have had plenty of targets and fun.. the only exception being our members who were surrounded by ME for many months when we were on friendly terms.

DeletedUser

I agree with you on this one SFB. When we were small in KOM, we had fun, banter, flirtations and knew each other because we only had each other to trust and rely on. For sure there was times when we would facepalm and think "Is this player ever going to understand this game", but we'd rally round as best as we could. As a small group we earned each others respect and loyalty. There are only a minority of exKOM that joined the enemies. Some have chosen to leave rather than join an enemy and be forced to turn on their exKOM comrades. It would seem like betrayal and I understand why they've left, although it saddens me.

For some, having 40+ cities, full-time jobs, partners and families to look after becomes too much so something has to give, and that has to be Grep. How many guys on here have had arguments with their wife/girlfriend over the amount of time they spend on Grep?

DeletedUser39118

I agree with you on this one SFB. When we were small in KOM, we had fun, banter, flirtations and knew each other because we only had each other to trust and rely on. For sure there was times when we would facepalm and think "Is this player ever going to understand this game", but we'd rally round as best as we could. As a small group we earned each others respect and loyalty. There are only a minority of exKOM that joined the enemies. Some have chosen to leave rather than join an enemy and be forced to turn on their exKOM comrades. It would seem like betrayal and I understand why they've left, although it saddens me.

For some, having 40+ cities, full-time jobs, partners and families to look after becomes too much so something has to give, and that has to be Grep. How many guys on here have had arguments with their wife/girlfriend over the amount of time they spend on Grep?

My girl didn't like my compulsive 5-minute farming when the world started. She was jealous of our in-game messaging too Karen. She especially didn't like when I set alarms to get up in the middle of the night to launch attacks. :)

DeletedUser42118

I dread to inform everyone of our in-actives and players leaving now... Keep it up guys, your care for the world is showing....Or is that care for yourselves? Hard to define between the two, or is it? Any thoughts of a climax to this world will be an anti climax (i know all about anti climaxes )

DeletedUser39118

I dread to inform everyone of our in-actives and players leaving now... Keep it up guys, your care for the world is showing....Or is that care for yourselves? Hard to define between the two, or is it? Any thoughts of a climax to this world will be an anti climax (i know all about anti climaxes )

Thanks for letting us know Fella, we had noticed some of your players giving up. Don't worry, we'll be helping you absorb them.

Please cease with your whinging too. It's pathetic. This is a resource-management marathon and many of you are running out of steam, way before the finish. Remember we all started with the same - nothing. What have you been doing for the last 15 months?

We have been enjoying destroying ME, and will continue to do so. I for one won't miss your bleating posts when you give up and ghost to go and play Sim City. You can get it for about fifteen quid these days by the way. I'm sure Apathetic will be happy to have a whip-round for you.

As my old Grandpa used to say- "Perfect preparation prevents pathetic performance"

Ryann16

Strategos
Thanks for letting us know Fella, we had noticed some of your players giving up. Don't worry, we'll be helping you absorb them.

Please cease with your whinging too. It's pathetic. This is a resource-management marathon and many of you are running out of steam, way before the finish. Remember we all started with the same - nothing. What have you been doing for the last 15 months?

We have been enjoying destroying ME, and will continue to do so. I for one won't miss your bleating posts when you give up and ghost to go and play Sim City. You can get it for about fifteen quid these days by the way. I'm sure Apathetic will be happy to have a whip-round for you.

As my old Grandpa used to say- "Perfect preparation prevents pathetic performance"

Agreed with you AR. A lot of us on here would like the complaining to stop. If you dont like the way things are turning out, then get up and do something about it and stop complaining.

And you say that DW is picking at ME most inactive, you need to look again. Most of our cities are coming off your active members, who then give up because they are getting rimmed. And if you check the current war score it is DW 77, ME 6.

Two of those cities taken are from me, because I had RL issues with education and could not ask for proper support. I will give a thumbs up to DoomsdayRaider and Crazy Craig, because they did an outstanding job taking the cities.

DeletedUser42118

And what does your cousin Dusty say fella?

Afghan Revenge..... I'm starting to dislike you, you talk like a somebody but in reality your a nobody.

I don't run on steam, thought you may have notice that..... Take those tinted glasses off maybe.....

Destroying ME...... Yep destroyed. I'll refer back to my previous post of kicking people when they are down.

Looking at your bp totals and from my brief time in Apa i would say Sim city is your sort of game, we'll let others decide that tho

DeletedUser42118

Agreed with you AR. A lot of us on here would like the complaining to stop. If you dont like the way things are turning out, then get up and do something about it and stop complaining.

And you say that DW is picking at ME most inactive, you need to look again. Most of our cities are coming off your active members, who then give up because they are getting rimmed. And if you check the current war score it is DW 77, ME 6.

Two of those cities taken are from me, because I had RL issues with education and could not ask for proper support. I will give a thumbs up to DoomsdayRaider and Crazy Craig, because they did an outstanding job taking the cities.

Not even sure this warrants a reply but i will.......

Where has it been stated by me that DW are taking ME in actives?

You have a voice now your in DW. Basically 1 of those blokes who's hard when with his mates...... LOL

2 of those cities came from you because your not all that good bud.... Get some trips in your cities if your not gonna be about or hit VM, it's not hard

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39118

And what does your cousin Dusty say fella?

Afghan Revenge..... I'm starting to dislike you, you talk like a somebody but in reality your a nobody.

I don't run on steam, thought you may have notice that..... Take those tinted glasses off maybe.....

Destroying ME...... Yep destroyed. I'll refer back to my previous post of kicking people when they are down.

Looking at your bp totals and from my brief time in Apa i would say Sim city is your sort of game, we'll let others decide that tho

Fella.

You don't dislike me but you dislike the uncomfortable truth I'm talking of. I like the photo on your profile. You have a nice smile and a funky haircut. All I can say about your personality at the moment is that you seem to enjoy wallowing in self-pity.

The expression "to run out of steam" is used when someone loses all ambition or energy in pursuit of a goal, as many of your alliance seem to have.

We have taken over 60 cities from ME since 1st March, with the loss of around 5 I think. I haven't checked the exact figures but these aren't far off. Given ME members outnumber Apa members 4:1 I'd expect better from you. Even if you are fighting another war.
So...yes. More often than not, when we come up against ME, we are destroying ME....though ME is far from completely destroyed. That fun is still to be had.

You and I had no dealings when you were in Apa because I was inactive for quite a few months. At the end of July'13 I 'retired' from the game when I changed job in RL and moved to the 'big city'. Before I gave away most of my cities, I was ranked in the top 20 on the server and 3rd for ABP. I'm definitely not a simmer like many of ME seem to be. I've been 'active' again for a couple months, and I'm enjoying the game lots now we're at war with ME!

The only thing I've found slightly disappointing about ME this time around is your apparent weakness. ME is definitely the most consistently feeble opponent I've had dealings with on this server.

DeletedUser42118

Fella.

You don't dislike me but you dislike the uncomfortable truth I'm talking of. I like the photo on your profile. You have a nice smile and a funky haircut. All I can say about your personality at the moment is that you seem to enjoy wallowing in self-pity.

The expression "to run out of steam" is used when someone loses all ambition or energy in pursuit of a goal, as many of your alliance seem to have.

We have taken over 60 cities from ME since 1st March, with the loss of around 5 I think. I haven't checked the exact figures but these aren't far off. Given ME members outnumber Apa members 4:1 I'd expect better from you. Even if you are fighting another war.
So...yes. More often than not, when we come up against ME, we are destroying ME....though ME is far from completely destroyed. That fun is still to be had.

You and I had no dealings when you were in Apa because I was inactive for quite a few months. At the end of July'13 I 'retired' from the game when I changed job in RL and moved to the 'big city'. Before I gave away most of my cities, I was ranked in the top 20 on the server and 3rd for ABP. I'm definitely not a simmer like many of ME seem to be. I've been 'active' again for a couple months, and I'm enjoying the game lots now we're at war with ME!

The only thing I've found slightly disappointing about ME this time around is your apparent weakness. ME is definitely the most consistently feeble opponent I've had dealings with on this server.

The uncomfortable truth of you coming on here saying "stop your whining".

Just stating facts, facts you don't seem to be bothered about. Fair play, you don't give a about players who have put 15 months into a game, good active players who are just being ground down day after day. I do care tho, what the problem with that?

I've tried to make a change, very difficult tho. I've tried other avenues, blocked at the first hurdle tho. I'll not ghost i don't think, i don't aim to ghost anyway. If too many guys/gals up and leave then there will be little point continuing

DeletedUser

Let's put this simply - if a lake has 200 fish (ME) and all the fish are caught and eaten by fishermen (Apa and DW), there will be none left to breed or grow so the fishermen will be sad because they can't play their sport any more. This is the relentless bullying tactics that Apa and DW are/have used which means players lose all their cities or are driven out of the game. All the fish will soon be gone without the fishermen ever catching The Big One.

Now, let's use some brains - if the fishermen were to exercise some discipline and control over how many fish were caught, some fish get the chance to continue breeding which makes more fish for the fishermen in the long run and keeps the lake full of fish. At least everybody gets a chance to play this way without making life any harder for anyone and at WW someone will catch The Big One.

DeletedUser42118

Let's put this simply - if a lake has 200 fish (ME) and all the fish are caught and eaten by fishermen (Apa and DW), there will be none left to breed or grow so the fishermen will be sad because they can't play their sport any more. This is the relentless bullying tactics that Apa and DW are/have used which means players lose all their cities or are driven out of the game. All the fish will soon be gone without the fishermen ever catching The Big One.

Now, let's use some brains - if the fishermen were to exercise some discipline and control over how many fish were caught, some fish get the chance to continue breeding which makes more fish for the fishermen in the long run and keeps the lake full of fish. At least everybody gets a chance to play this way without making life any harder for anyone and at WW someone will catch The Big One.

Yeah, what Karen said

Ryann16

Strategos
Not even sure this warrants a reply but i will.......

Where has it been stated by me that DW are taking ME in actives?

You have a voice now your in DW. Basically 1 of those blokes who's hard when with his mates...... LOL

2 of those cities came from you because your not all that good bud.... Get some trips in your cities if your not gonna be about or hit VM, it's not hard

It is hard when you are a young boy with a job, school, family, and this game. No, grepolis doesnt deserve the title of a game, it takes more commitment than that.

And where did I ever say that I thought I was all that good? Thats right, I didnt. I dont think Im tough because I am with my friends. I have gone solo many times. I am still young and I have a lot to learn about the game, and life, so thats the difference between you and I. I am willing to learn and make mistakes, You have a big mouth and think you are the tough one. But look how the Goodfellas turned out.

I'm going to get off topic here, about the Goodfellas. This is just my two cents, But honestly you could have made better choices. Coming from a 15 year old boy, this might not sound convincing, but you made bad choices which led to bad consequences. You could have taken the option that Kumbaya did, but instead you decided to attack DW and APA. Then tried to get support from the failing LoM. Over all you could have played safe, farming and making new friends, but it was your mouth and your actions that followed that led to you getting rimmed.

So agian, Stop complaining please. After all, this is a war game. :pro:

DeletedUser39118

I've been doing a bit of fishing down in O56 this evening actually...It's been quite a good night.
Don't worry though, I put the fish back. ;)

There are still lots of fish in the lake Karen. They may be malnourished, weak specimens, but it won't be easy for the fishermen (and fisherwomen) to catch and eat all of the fish, will it? It'll take a while. Morale will surely save some fish from the frying pan. Lack of city slots is always a hindrance in the never ending quest for more cities. If the fish have any instinct to breed then they should be able to, at the very least, survive.

Even if we do catch (and eat) all the fish in the lake, there'll still be the fishermen (and fisherwomen) on the other side of the lake to eat. Something we perhaps haven't yet considered, but one does what one needs to do to survive. Have you seen that film 'Alive'?

I say to ME members: don't give up! You should try employing some "relentless bullying tactics" [ie. effectively and efficiently playing a war game].

Karen, what measures would you propose to level the playing field?

Should we limit our conquests of ME cities to one, per-player, per-week? Perhaps we should only attack on friday evenings (or another pre-agreed time, to suit you) ? Or maybe we could return the cities we've taken thus far and start attacking you with only biremes?

Fella, it's nice that you care for "good, active players who've put 15 months into a game" but I stand by what I said before, this is a war game, and to see the opponent beaten to submission has to be one of the objectives. Otherwise, I suppose, we'd all be playing Sim City.

When Matthew wrote "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth" in the New Testament, he was not taking about Grepolis.

DeletedUser42118

It is hard when you are a young boy with a job, school, family, and this game. No, grepolis doesnt deserve the title of a game, it takes more commitment than that.

And where did I ever say that I thought I was all that good? Thats right, I didnt. I dont think Im tough because I am with my friends. I have gone solo many times. I am still young and I have a lot to learn about the game, and life, so thats the difference between you and I. I am willing to learn and make mistakes, You have a big mouth and think you are the tough one. But look how the Goodfellas turned out.

I'm going to get off topic here, about the Goodfellas. This is just my two cents, But honestly you could have made better choices. Coming from a 15 year old boy, this might not sound convincing, but you made bad choices which led to bad consequences. You could have taken the option that Kumbaya did, but instead you decided to attack DW and APA. Then tried to get support from the failing LoM. Over all you could have played safe, farming and making new friends, but it was your mouth and your actions that followed that led to you getting rimmed.

So agian, Stop complaining please. After all, this is a war game. :pro:

My little violin is out and i'm playing it for you..... We all have lives, we all play this game, your circumstances are nothing special.

All i'm saying is that you've gained a voice now in DW, you never had 1 before, what changed? Ryann, you know nothing of my goings on, all your knowledge is either second hand and/or guess work. You know nothing of what i try to do for the good of other players and for what i perceive to be for the good of the game (maybe including DW and Apa players). Maybe focus on learning the game yourself, understanding the politics and understanding what has happened in recent months before telling me to stop complaining.

As for the Goodfellas, another easy target, something that wasn't a challenge (ring any bells). If you think i really put any effort into G"Fellas your hugely mistaken once again. I honestly believe regardless of whether i made different choices/decisions they would have been blocked and i would have been rimmed (players like easy targets, it's that simple). Any leader from DW states different to what i say is wrong because the council make the decisions, no body has a veto. Players don't like me in DW because i left them and once i formed the G"Fellas i took the easy targets in in their oceans. I refused to be dictated to on how i should do things and in all honesty tg12345 did all recruiting and made most of the mistakes. All attacks on G"fellas where made on us 1st (Erawls, and whoever from ME) you really haven't a clue what your saying! Apa hardly attacked! Over all, yes i could have simmed like Kumbaya but that's well boring.

Ryann16 BP total = 87352
Fella8 BP total = 1090962

Who knows it's a war game? xxx
Your boring me now so i'll not reply to no more of your nonsense

DeletedUser42118

Fella, it's nice that you care for "good, active players who've put 15 months into a game" but I stand by what I said before, this is a war game, and to see the opponent beaten to submission has to be one of the objectives. Otherwise, I suppose, we'd all be playing Sim City.

When Matthew wrote "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth" in the New Testament, he was not taking about Grepolis.

That just brings us full circle then, i'll go back to easy targets and no want for any sort of a challenge. The crown is more important for you guys and you'll get it however possible. I can tell you now, you guys will have to merge into the Wolves to do that, your current tactics end any other possibility.

I don't do God so haven't a clue what your on about with that book stuff. Remember Cassius Clay?