Rejected Idea~ Anarchy Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24661

i think that he means that there is no alliances in the world just sort of agreements to help one another out, they cannot belong to an alliance as there is no system i think im not sure

DeletedUser

i think that he means that there is no alliances in the world just sort of agreements to help one another out, they cannot belong to an alliance as there is no system i think im not sure

And as I've already explained, some players will still take advantage of external chat sites to communicate regardless of what systems are in place ingame to prevent such things.

DeletedUser24661

hey you just hit 1000 posts and i know that you cannot stop external chat but you can make it so its harder to form stuff like this for example like no pacts and stuff

DeletedUser

hey you just hit 1000 posts and i know that you cannot stop external chat but you can make it so its harder to form stuff like this for example like no pacts and stuff

What I'm trying to say is that making it harder to do it won't discourage the experienced players from doing it anyway. So by doing it at all, you're creating more of a divide between the newer, inexperienced players and the older, experienced players.

And this is the 4th time I've hit 1,000 posts.. my post count keeps dropping as threads are archived/deleted.

DeletedUser24661

well like certian alliance they work together so wouldnt need to form such things, make it so only players who have a high alliance attacker score or something can gain access so this mean mainly aggressive players will join

DeletedUser

well like certian alliance they work together so wouldnt need to form such things, make it so only players who have a high alliance attacker score or something can gain access so this mean mainly aggressive players will join

Requirements to join have been shown to be something of a failure. The problem is that there is no 'perfect' restriction, that can be added. Any requirement would either be too high (meaning that many players will be excluded and there will not be sufficient participation for the world to succeed) or too low (meaning that inexperienced players will be able to join and there will be no point having the requirement in the first place).

Having any alliance performance requirement would also be a bad idea, for a free-for-all world. It would mean that players who are themselves bad but have been part of a good alliance would be able to join. It would also prevent the people you want from joining - the people who play solo and not as part of an alliance.

DeletedUser24661

this is good, although its hard to come up with valid arguments to develop the idea to meet expecations and amongst other things entry requirements we are devolping the idea, what if there is a requirement like hero tactition you have to gain specific achievements to gain access to such worlds maybe the following

-250,000 battle points
-conquer 10 city's
-hero tactition
-earn 250,000 Points (point king)

DeletedUser24661

all things you dont need an alliance for after completing this you get award maybe called something related to alexander the great something with "the great" in it

DeletedUser

25k BP is still pretty big,

Takes a few weeks of solid playing to reach that.

DeletedUser24661

exactly experienced players shall be admitted to these worlds, the best of the best if you will,this means you have to be an experienced player in order to get this not a new player who got attacked a few times it will be pretty easy once you start conquering citys

DeletedUser

this is good, although its hard to come up with valid arguments to develop the idea to meet expecations and amongst other things entry requirements we are devolping the idea, what if there is a requirement like hero tactition you have to gain specific achievements to gain access to such worlds maybe the following

-250,000 battle points
-conquer 10 city's
-hero tactition
-earn 250,000 Points (point king)

Conquering 10 cities and having 250,000 BP and 250,000 points would be too high a requirement. The devs would not put such a high requirement, or if they did it would be too high for the world to fill up and to have sufficient participation to be succesful.

If, instead, you meant 25,000 I would say that would be too low a requirement. As I already said, it's difficult to have a perfect level and whatever you have as a requirement it will always have some people that disagree with it as too low or too high.

If this world were ever accepted, it would likely be without a requirement. If you start having lots of different worlds, each with varying requirements, you are starting to make updates only suitable for some people. It is better to implement ideas that affect everyone, and that everyone can benefit from.

Even if it were accepted, I doubt it would be implemented for a long time due to the fact that Hero Worlds are so new, still.

exactly experienced players shall be admitted to these worlds, the best of the best if you will,this means you have to be an experienced player in order to get this not a new player who got attacked a few times it will be pretty easy once you start conquering citys

You cannot only allow really experienced players to enter a world, it would not work. If you do not have sufficient participation in a world, it will fail no matter how many players and no matter how good the players are. Bear in mind that current worlds have limits of as high as 40,000+ players to be full. Hero Worlds have good requirements because they are low while still allowing people to feel that they have accomplished something by gaining them, but what you are suggesting is a way to totally exclude small, inexperienced players - that would not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24661

i suppose but 250k points isnt that high and ten citys are childs play

DeletedUser

i suppose but 250k points isnt that high and ten citys are childs play

Both those statements are false. 250k points is, even with an average score of 10k per city, 25 cities. Many players prefer smaller cities, so it could be as high as 40-50 cities in order to have that level of points. That takes a long time, many months, and time is not something you want as a requirement to enter. This is a game for everyone, that is what makes it so good. If you start requiring people to play for months before they can access parts, that's bad. Especially considering the suggested world settings are not really worth the time required to access them.

DeletedUser24661

i see, well we can reduce it, we have plenty of time to develop ideas

DeletedUser

i see, well we can reduce it, we have plenty of time to develop ideas

My suggestion, as far as requirements are concerned, would be to ignore that part of the idea and develop other parts. If a requirement were to be placed upon the world, it would be better to let the Grepo team/devs decide what it will be.

DeletedUser

I am surprised that no-one mentioned that this has been suggested before.

Status
Not open for further replies.