Rejected Idea~ Anarchy Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24661

what about the support system only being available to aid YOUR conquer and YOUR citys, also if we reduce the amount of BP needed to get a victory possession people will grow quicker and increase the thirst to conquer?

the whole idea of this thread is to develop idea's, work on it improve and thats what im trying to do trying to come up with solutions

DeletedUser

If the support system is only available for your own cities or conquest, you still have problems.

1) Players with a single city still cannot dodge. Players with more cities but none on the same island cannot dodge without ships/transports.

2) Cannot tripwire other cities, to check for conquests or to see who is farming them.

3) Cannot spike farm cities, to destroy enemy farm raids.

4) Can abuse the system by launching a Colony Ship, then launching support, then recalling the Colony Ship. Thus, sending support to someone.

If you reduce the BP for victory processions, you increase to overall free city slots and make it easier for people to conquer, but in no way does that discourage people from working together. If anything, it encourages it more because people are forced to fight more often and thus have to find friends to help them when they fight.

You are right, condor the destroyer, that the point is to develop ideas. Instead of developing current ideas to come up with solutions, however, you are suggesting more ideas that in turn produce more problems.

DeletedUser24661

i am still trying to find a solution to the team work part thats the whole idea of reduced bp to encourage more and more attacks, its not easy to come up with solutions to unofficial alliances if are allowed to communicate and...stuff, if we make it so you can have small alliances consisting of around 3 or 5 more players including your self (so the total amount is even) then this may stop them making big alliances to take down the biggest player, but the whole idea of these worlds is player vs player so people shouldn't be working as a team, if you do not wish to solve the problem by using small teams i suggest in game moderators to monitor the actions taking place within the world, players can be issued with 3 warnings once you receive the 3rd warning you are taken out of the pvp world?

DeletedUser

i am still trying to find a solution to the team work part thats the whole idea of reduced bp to encourage more and more attacks, its not easy to come up with solutions to unofficial alliances if are allowed to communicate and...stuff, if we make it so you can have small alliances consisting of around 3 or 5 more players including your self (so the total amount is even) then this may stop them making big alliances to take down the biggest player, but the whole idea of these worlds is player vs player so people shouldn't be working as a team, if you do not wish to solve the problem by using small teams i suggest in game moderators to monitor the actions taking place within the world, players can be issued with 3 warnings once you receive the 3rd warning you are taken out of the pvp world?

Warnings for what, however? Communicating with other players? Co-ordinating attacks? The problems with that are that it is an awful lot of work for whatever moderators are assigned to do it. It is also a difficult thing to punish for, because of how easy it is to wrongfully punish. Players may have attacks landing at the same time, simply by coincidence. If lots of players are close together, it is not uncommon for them all to launch lots of attacks. If you think that in a single world there are thousands of attacks launched on a daily basis, it is highly likely that some will overlap and hit the same target, at the same time. Out of these thousands of attacks it would be impossible for a moderating team to look through them all and judge who is doing it intentionally, and who isn't. Players don't even need to communicate in-game at all, due to external chat sites, so any co-ordination could be shrugged off as coincidence if it was seen that they hadn't messaged each other.

There are too many variables and issues for it to be something punishable.

DeletedUser24661

well can you contribute to solutions im running out of idea's due to you finding all the faults which are in them, but i feel that we should encourage the players not to form unofficial alliances(can we call the UA's from now on lol) like the farming village tutorial at the start of the world, explain what a pvp world is expected of?

DeletedUser

well can you contribute to solutions im running out of idea's due to you finding all the faults which are in them, but i feel that we should encourage the players not to form unofficial alliances(can we call the UA's from now on lol) like the farming village tutorial at the start of the world, explain what a pvp world is expected of?

Encouraging players not to do it is fine, but it doesn't prevent it from happening. I have learned, over the years, never to implement something into a system that relies on human behaviour. If you expect people to do one thing, it's likely that they'll end up doing the opposite at some point.

DeletedUser24661

well can you help come up with a solution then we may address the other problems associated

DeletedUser

well can you help come up with a solution then we may address the other problems associated

Sorry, but just because I see the problems it does not mean I automatically have the solutions. Besides, as I don't particularly support this idea I'm not in a rush to come up with solutions to aid it.

DeletedUser24661

i suppose lol but your very eager to discourage the idea

DeletedUser

i suppose lol but your very eager to discourage the idea

Not at all. I think it has potential as an idea. For it to have a chance at succeeding it's important that all potential problems have been considered, so all I am trying to do is encourage WAVEBREAKER and yourself to think about the possible problems that this idea may bring about. If you can consider any issues it may face and find solutions to them, you are one step closer to having an implementable idea.

DeletedUser24661

can i suggest deleting all the comments and compiling a list of problems implicated with the idea and get help solving them, once we do that it will be clearer to people looking at the thread to see what we are doing but to people looking at it now its me suggesting solutions and you pointing out the flaws 0_o

DeletedUser24661

yes but there is 7-8 pages of arguments lol
can you pick any problems with the idea such as the alliance problem, if we can come up like an information tab that comes up when you join the world explaining the rules hopefully they will abide, we can put an in game mod to monitor an ocean, although this has been suggested if we monitor the top 10 people to see there tactics we can deduct whether or not they abide, we can make a beta test to see how it goes, open to like 50 players to see if they
1. like the world mode
2. if the world i successful
3. if they abide by pvp worlds
4. if the game mode will work in grepolis?
5. so we can see if people will play them

DeletedUser

yes but there is 7-8 pages of arguments lol
can you pick any problems with the idea such as the alliance problem, if we can come up like an information tab that comes up when you join the world explaining the rules (1)hopefully they will abide, we can put an (2)in game mod to monitor an ocean, although this has been suggested if we monitor the top 10 people to see there tactics we can deduct whether or not they abide, we can make a (3)beta test to see how it goes, open to like 50 players to see if they
1. like the world mode
2. if the world i suspenseful
3. if they abide by pvp worlds
4. if the game mode will work in grepolis?
5. so we can see if people will play them

I've highlighted my issues with this.

1) Again, you CAN NOT do something and hope that people play by the rules. You just can't. If that is the only solution you can think of, stop trying, please. If you do something and hope people will do it properly, it will fail because there will be people who do not do it as you wish. You need to find the problems and deal with them before they arise, to remove all possibly abuse from play.

2) This will not happen. Ingame moderators will not be able to monitor a whole world looking for people who work together. It would be too much work, and it will not happen. Suggesting one ingame moderator for each ocean is, frankly, laughable.

3) Beta test works to get rid of any bugs in the system, but it is not a suitable way to judge human nature. A beta test works to get rid of bugs and glitches in the system so that when an idea is implemented it works as it is supposed to. You cannot use a beta test to see how people abide by the rules or if a world works. I'm repeating myself again, but EVERY WORLD IS DIFFERENT, in that respect. If people play by the rules in a beta test, that is no guarantee that they will do so in a real version of the world, or that players not involved with the beta test will not play and abuse the system themselves.

DeletedUser24661

what about small alliances consisting of 10-15 players with no pacts the highest achieving group of individuals will gain something this will encourage people not to work together but to get ahead, people wont want to help someone gain something but get it them selves, and by highest achieving individuals i dont mean as an alliance but by your self, there can be certain prizes for different achievements

e.g

the person to gain the most BP overall
the person to conquer the most citys overall
most attacks in a single day
most conquers in a single day

stuff like this that will encourage people to be more agressive!

DeletedUser

Small alliances wouldn't represent Anarchy.

The whole idea of the Anarchy Worlds is a world of epic destruction.

Small alliances would bring in hardcore diplomacy as many pacts would have to be made to maintain survival.

DeletedUser

the person to gain the most BP overall
the person to conquer the most citys overall
most attacks in a single day
most conquers in a single day

stuff like this that will encourage people to be more agressive!

These already exist; "Attacker of the Day", "Defender of the Day", "Looter of the Day" and "Conqueror of the Day".

As for the 'overall' achievements, they bring us to subjects that has not even been touched upon yet: World length and end-game criteria.

DeletedUser24661

well lets say your in game for as long as you have city's once all your citys are conquered your out and its last man standing? and at the end of the game you will get a reward based on it so if you have 5,000,000 BP as apposed to 4.5mill battle points you'd win and recieve an award?

DeletedUser

well lets say your in game for as long as you have city's once all your citys are conquered your out and its last man standing? and at the end of the game you will get a reward based on it so if you have 5,000,000 BP as apposed to 4.5mill battle points you'd win and recieve an award?

Last-man standing based gameplay is not a viable option for Grepolis, due to the incredible difficulty in actually conquering another player completely. While Grepolis is, obviously, intended as a long-term game plan for most players (years before the World Wonder stage), having a last-man standing mode would just be infinite, with no end in site.

This is one thing I will give a suggestion for. Although I believe it has been suggested and rejected in the past, resetting 'rounds' may work well with a world such as this. For example, worlds last for 3, 6 or 12 months before being reset and starting again. At the end of each round, there could be awards for the players who are #1 points, #1 ABP, #1 DBP, etc. These could potentially have rewards that carry over to the next round, but probably not.

DeletedUser24661

maybe would you start with an advantage due to getting these awards?

if we can find a way to discourage team work we will be able to figure out the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.