Passed Idea ~ Apply to an Alliance

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal- Give players the ability to apply to an alliance, instead of the alliances just inviting the players.

Reason- I believe that this will give the alliances and the players more choice in the matter, and increase communication between the two. It would also make it easier for alliances to select it's players with more scrutiny.

Details- If a player wants to join an alliance, they can fill in a form on an Apply to an Alliance page, which would be added with the current search for an Alliance page, when someone does not have an Alliance.

The player would fill in a Form, and send it to the alliance. All Leaders/Founders of the Alliance would be able to view these applications in Alliance- Invitations

The Form that the players would need to fill in would give the option of 'Write a few sentences why you want to join the Alliance'.

This would show the alliance which players would want to join the alliance and would give them more choice.

Code:
When did you start Grepolis?:
Do you play any other worlds?:
Why have you applied to THIS alliance?:
Do you know any of our leaders from previous worlds?:
Question?:
Question?:
Etc?:
Etc?:

Should there be an universal Form, with the option of customising it?

Like there is:

Why do you want to join this Alliance?
Have you played Grepolis or a similar game before?
What are your short term goals?
What are your long term goals?
Do you know anyone in this alliance?
Why would you be a good member for this alliance?

The Founder's have the option to remove/change/add any question, so if the Alliance wanted it, they could be completely different :p

But for a new alliance, that's just starting up. I think there should be a starting point.

Balance- May increase the amount of MRAs all over. But that should not really be a problem.

Abuse- Nothing

Summary- Give players the option to apply directly to an alliance instead of trying to contact the leaders of an alliance or getting invited to an alliance.

As per all of my ideas, I welcome all constructive critism, however no trolling or pointless 'I don like it'. Which really helps no-one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love it. Simple, effective, and somewhat relieving. Definitely suggested before though...

In saying that, people can simply apply via In-Game PM'ing, with their own version of a letter, so this isn't really needed. As a novelty, and an early world time saver though, it's great.

As I said, I love it. I'd like to see some sort of code though, for example;

Code:
Question?:
Question?:
Etc?:
Etc?:

Know what I mean? I think that would be a great addition, like an undividable template.

DeletedUser

Wow!! this is what I'd call an idea! Really, something great!

+rep all the way to you!

@Kanga: Yes, there should be a form of that kind! This is a potential game changer. It would give MRAs a better chance *grimace* of survival if their leaders know what they are doing and recruit according to the information submitted by the player.

So, WAVE, put the code in your 1st post.

DeletedUser

The idea is pretty good, but normally good alliances ask you to apply through a personal message asking for your credentials and what you could bring to the alliance though I guess the application would be more formalised this way. + rep

DeletedUser20429

Like this idea I will suggest it to the beta test team.

DeletedUser

Yes this idea's good. It will really make leader's work easier and will make recruitment and invite request easier. Maybe make an icon below the alliance's name in the alliance profile near the place where you have the send a message to founder,leader or pact?

DeletedUser

Yeah that's a good place to put it. Somewhere with plenty of space :D

DeletedUser

I'd like to see this implemented.

I think it would be a good idea for the alliance founder/leaders to be able to set a custom application.. to choose which questions they want to ask of applicants.

DeletedUser

See the Code kindly scripted by Kanga.

Code:
Question?:
Question?:
Etc?:
Etc?:

I'd say one universal question. Something like 'Why do you want to join the Alliance'.

And an option for the Founder's to add questions to the Form.

DeletedUser

I don't think forcing questions would be a good idea. If you force alliances to ask specific questions, you prevent individuality, make alliances follow each other, etc.

If you allow alliances to customize their applications with questions they wish to ask, you're allowing alliances to put their own touch on it.. to ask the questions they want to ask. You can allow them to ask whatever they want, whether it be Grepolis-related or not.

To use another game as an example, 'Hobo Wars' has a gang system. It has both an application and an invite system - leaders of the gangs can invite players, or players can apply. The leaders of each gang sets their own application, with whatever they want. Some of the top gangs have questions totally unrelated to the game, and do you know why? They want to recruit players based on their personality, so that they fit in. Other gangs choose to ask questions related to the game, to understand the applicants skill. They want to recruit players who are skilled at the game, to do well.

Something like this should be about allowing alliance's to get a good understanding of how the applicants think.. but to let them fit into the alliance the application should be customized for the nature of the alliance.

DeletedUser

One question is universal....

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

If that is preventing individuality, I give up in life :D

DeletedUser

Why must that particular question be in the application, by default? If the alliance leaders want to ask, they can, but why must it be there?

DeletedUser

Should there be an universal Form, with the option of customising it?

Like there is:

Have you played Grepolis or a similar game before?
What are your short term goals?
What are your long term goals?
Do you know anyone in this alliance?
Why would you be a good member for this alliance?

The Founder's have the option to remove/change/add any question, so if the Alliance wanted it, they could be completely different :p

But for a new alliance, that's just starting up. I think there should be a starting point.

DeletedUser

Assuming the application form would be a blank text box, rather than a list of questions similar to the list of options in the quick bar settings, perhaps have one question in there by default, along the lines of "Why do you want to join this alliance?", as you suggested. This would be the default application form that people would see when applying to the alliance, if it had not been changed.

The alliance founder/leader could then edit the text box as they wished, to include new questions or change current questions.

For an example of some non-game-related questions I have seen asked in applications:
Tell us a little about yourself (your real life age, where you're from, male or female).
What do you expect to gain from [alliance name], and how do you intend to contribute?
What do you enjoy doing besides playing [game name]?
If you knew you were going to die what would your last meal consist of?
What was the inspiration for your username?
You have two coins that add up to 30 cents and one is not a quarter... what are they?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22940

Love the idea, but agree that the form should be customize-able by the alliance founders/leaders

DeletedUser

Just a reminder:

This idea is still active. Feel free to add on further comments/critism.

Status
Not open for further replies.