Inactive Topic Idea - Bulwark

DeletedUser12512

Proposal:
Add an enchantment/potion that can increase the level of the wall in a city.

Reason:
It is now a very valid strategy to build no walls in your city ,and with all of the current bonuses afforded to us by things like a 19 day Easter with Manticore nukes for free, I thought it would be good to balance that out some.

Details:
Option 1 - Enchantment - (Gained through events) Works the opposite as an Earthquake. It builds the walls 1-3 levels per use. Can only be used every 2 hours.
Option 2 - Potion - (Gained through events) Works similar to other troop type spells. Once per hour the wall will raise up 1-2 levels for 6 hours. (With Democritus this could potentially result in a lvl 24 wall after the 12 hours but the 1-2 increase is randomly generated per hour so that result is highly unlikely) Cool down period of 6 hours between uses.
Option 3 - Spell - Increase the wall in a city by 1-3 levels per cast. Can only cast every 2 hours. (New God spell option for later development High Favor requirement, cast only be city owner)

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Option 1 - Counter to earthquake
Option 2 - Since Democritus can not be in a city under siege this is a potential lvl 6-12 wall on a besieged city by the end of the siege (on speed 2) - Just enough to make it slightly painful in sending myth nukes at a dlu stack.
Option 3 - New gods will eventually be introduced even if this idea is not about a new god the option should remain open for that idea later on. Hephaistos is the Greek god of building.

Abuse Prevention:
Usable only once per duration of effect. Cool down period. Usable only by city owner?

Summary:
N/A

Original concept
Proposal:
Add a spell/enchantment/potion that can increase the wall in a city by 1-3 levels per cast/usage.

Reason:
It is now a very valid strategy to build no walls in your city ,and with all of the current bonuses afforded to us by things like a 19 day Easter with Manticore nukes for free, I thought it would be good to balance that out some.

Details:
Option 1 - Spell - Works the opposite as an Earthquake. It builds the walls 1-3 levels per cast
Option 2 - Enchantment - Works similar to other troop type spells. Once per hour the wall will raise up 1-2 levels for 6 hours. (With Democritus this could potentially result in a lvl 24 wall after the 12 hours)

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Since Democritus can not be in a city under siege this is a potential lvl 12 wall - Just enough to make it slightly painful in sending myth nukes at a dlu stack.

Abuse Prevention:
Cast only once per duration of effect.

Summary:
N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

The idea of it being a spell is terrible, not sure about a reward from quests

DeletedUser

The idea of it being a spell is terrible, not sure about a reward from quests

not quite from quest but the old disappeared trojan defence bonus was handy- perhaps it can be introduced in a new island quest, a few more are needed as they are getting pretty stale. I'm going to plus rep it purely on the grounds in recognises that conquest has become too easy to defend during these events, too hard to take a city with a low wall, so rather than boosting activity its made a lot of players colonise or go for inactives and ghosts, no one will stand a fight (quite right tho with the odds stacked as they are). sure you get some trying but with everyone having the 60 manticore nuke around a siege break is too easy by far.

DeletedUser39031

I still don't like it, defending is too easy. Walls are the spawn of hell

DeletedUser49197

Sorry. but I don't think this is a very fair idea. Option 2 would be crazy, giving you a lvl 12 wall just for some favor or an isle quest!?!?! That costs 10s of thousands of resources, and at least a full day of building normally. Being able to upgrade buildings with spells would be silly, and as all spells are, gold whores would use the extend tool, and get your wall up way too fast! :eek:

DeletedUser12512

Sorry. but I don't think this is a very fair idea. Option 2 would be crazy, giving you a lvl 12 wall just for some favor or an isle quest!?!?! That costs 10s of thousands of resources, and at least a full day of building normally. Being able to upgrade buildings with spells would be silly, and as all spells are, gold whores would use the extend tool, and get your wall up way too fast! :eek:

I riposte with the following. How much did it cost you to build your last manti nuke during the Easter event, or two, r three, or 8 manti nukes ? Do you think that keeps the playing field level when your trying to siege a WW city with 0 wall?

DeletedUser39031

I riposte with the following. How much did it cost you to build your last manti nuke during the Easter event, or two, r three, or 8 manti nukes ? Do you think that keeps the playing field level when your trying to siege a WW city with 0 wall?
1. defenders already have a massive advantage
2. Manticores will die, and you can't spell them or get them from island quests
3. It sounds like you lost a city and are trying to suggest an idea for a problem which doesnt exist for the most part.

DeletedUser12512

1. defenders already have a massive advantage
2. Manticores will die, and you can't spell them or get them from island quests
3. It sounds like you lost a city and are trying to suggest an idea for a problem which doesnt exist for the most part.

I agree, defenders normally have an advantage because of a wall, yet if there are no walls, it is VERY hard to hold a siege.

The Easter event, for an example, has compounded that difficulty by allowing multiple manticore nukes to be built in 4-8 hours instead of days or even weeks. I can find you reports to demonstrate how many myth nukes are flying around from one day to the next from the same cities, even after being eliminated 4 hours earlier. For edification, I didn't lose a city, I took one with a level 4 wall on a WW island to finish a server during the Easter event, so we know well enough whats needed to hold a city when myth nukes can be built every 4-8 hours.

The current system of allowing such offensive units to be built up with ingredients off balances the game when trying to siege a city I am pretty sure most players with large scale battle experience would agree that this Easter event has made a mockery of sieges (on low walled cities). What this idea is attempting to suggest is a counter balance to a myth nuke potion. so in effect a wall building potion.

It could even be something like a 'Wall of Brambles' that builds the wall up as suggested above, but then only lasts for X amount of time

BTW, You can 'spell' Manticores with ingredients, i know players with 10+ manticore nukes sitting in their inventory that don't even require favor to 'cast'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

From your OP it sounds as though you're suggesting getting this bonus from island quests/favour spells which is mainly what I'm against.

What would happen in revolt worlds? Defender gets a massive advantage. It has to work for both types of world

DeletedUser

I think this idea should only be implemented during events where you can get 45 manticores in 9 hours. Especially when even if you have a high wall it still doesn't matter. I had a lvl 23 wall with 3k defense in it, player attacks me with 60 manticores. I only have 300 DLU left.

DeletedUser18705

Fig: No one cares.

Atticus: I like the idea of a spell that raises it 1-3 levels a lot for conquest worlds. Also has advantages for the defender too, if you wanted to build a wall in a DLU city (although not many people do).

Now, as mentioned above, the problem would be in revolt worlds. There's a 12 hour period in revolt worlds, and let's say you can cast this spell every 3 hours. You get really lucky, your wall goes up 12 levels, hardly fair.

DeletedUser31385

3 levels might be a bit much if it is a higher level wall.

DeletedUser12512

Fig: No one cares.

Atticus: I like the idea of a spell that raises it 1-3 levels a lot for conquest worlds. Also has advantages for the defender too, if you wanted to build a wall in a DLU city (although not many people do).

Now, as mentioned above, the problem would be in revolt worlds. There's a 12 hour period in revolt worlds, and let's say you can cast this spell every 3 hours. You get really lucky, your wall goes up 12 levels, hardly fair.

That's faair, I don;t play revolt much, however it is possible that the effect could not be implemented on a citythat is under revolt - Justifiably no military would eb taking the time to build a bulwark if they were in revolt. Or perhaps the effect of the bulwark is reduced (less effective) during this time.

My main point was that if they are handing out manticore nukes in events, it would be nice (and allow for more strategy) if they were to hand out something that can also counter the manticore nukes. There were no archer buffs, so alternatively a wall buff of some sort could be considered.

1-3 levels per hour for 4 hours, 1-2 levels per hour for 6 hours, 1 level per hour for 6 hours, all are possible event 'potions' (No i don't think this should be an island quest event, its too powerful for that and unnecessary).

Right now if you own a city, all you need to do is take down the wall, and be active if you get attacked with the attack alarm, there is almost NO way to hold a city in siege at a zero wall during this time period against even a moderate player with 50 cities. (Assuming they have 5 or 6 manti nukes now that the event is over and they've been collecting them). I just think it needs some counter balance.

P.S> No I didn't read/see this mentioned on the DNS list, but lif DNS 'instant manti nukes' isn't on the DNS list, it should have been.

DeletedUser12512

Sorry, but this is on the DNS list.

if the following s what you are referring to as it being on the DNS list...

Do Not Suggest List
Link to Do No Suggest List

This list serves to name all ideas that players should not suggest. Ideas may appear on this list for various reasons:
New World(s)/Settings, God(s), and or Spells.

You need some help removing that bug up yer . The idea clearly suggests that it could/should/may be a potion offered in an event. So sure, it can't be a spell for a god, but you are so quick to discount the entire idea because the word 'spell' was used at some point? 'Spammer Extraordinaire' indeed.

DeletedUser5819

You need some help removing that bug up yer .

Its a well known fact that figtrees cannot be fruitful without bugs in their...ahem...fruiting bodies. So don't be so mean :p

yes I just googled that

DeletedUser36436

To make it balanced, it would take a certain amount of time to build- for every hour 1 level for 3 hours-5 hours.

DeletedUser27128

To make it balanced, it would take a certain amount of time to build- for every hour 1 level for 3 hours-5 hours.

Thats a good idea...

I like the idea in general, if you could add some balance to it, I support it.