Inactive Topic Idea~~ Catapults Can Knock Down Towers

DeletedUser28137

Proposal:
It doesn't really make much sense to me that if catapults go nuts on a City Wall and knock it down, that there is still a lone tower standing! My proposal is that if catapults knock down an opponents city wall completely, they also destroy that down's tower if it has one.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives?
I did and I am pretty sure I did not see anything.

Reason:
The point of sending catapults at a city is to knock down the wall to make it easier for offensive land units to kill of the defensive ones. However, if a player still has their tower, they get a nice defensive bonus even though those expensive catapults the offensive player built knocked down the wall. Also, this goes nicely with the rebalancing as it enhances the abilities of Catapults.

Details:
The system for catapults knocking down a wall will be the same. The only difference will be if the wall is knocked down and the offense still has at least 1 catapult left, the tower is then demolished as well.

Also, in attack reports the tower would be listed underneath the wall level, or somewhere else (inno can decide that). If the tower is knocked down, then it would say "Tower Demolished" or something similar.

Visual Aids:

None.

Balance:
If anything, I think this balances the game out because the game already favors the defender so much and this is just a small nudge in the right direction for helping out attackers a bit.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't think anything could be exploited.

Summary:
If you guys have anything to enhance the idea, feel free to share your comments! Even if they are negative :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7697

The thing with the tower is that it is a special building. Special buildings can never be destroyed by spells or any other methods unless they are demolished by the owner of the city. If the tower can be destroyed this easily then they would become much inferior to other special buildings.

As you may already know a new special building, the war council, will be replacing the oracle through the rebalancing. This will be an anti-tower which will give the attacker a 10% bonus.

DeletedUser25249

Well for me i like the idea cause i hardly ever build walls and towers, but this will never happen.

But that tower in a conquest server is a blessing for the aggressor as then a siege is much harder to break:)

DeletedUser23971

I think from memory that you can in Hero Worlds with the additional features.

In addition to the Wall - your cats can destroy a random building - I am sure Towers went (but been a while since I played in one)

DeletedUser

Not the best idea. Walls are already extremely vulnerable not only to spells but especially to cats.

DeletedUser32373

The thing with the tower is that it is a special building. Special buildings can never be destroyed by spells or any other methods unless they are demolished by the owner of the city. If the tower can be destroyed this easily then they would become much inferior to other special buildings.

As you may already know a new special building, the war council, will be replacing the oracle through the rebalancing. This will be an anti-tower which will give the attacker a 10% bonus.

Too bad. I liked the Oracle. :(

DeletedUser

Not the best idea. Walls are already extremely vulnerable not only to spells but especially to cats.

Not really that easy, unless you don't know what you're doing. Walls are easier to be taken down when you have less units. And EQs are pretty random too, meaning sometimes you'd only lose 1 lvl, sometimes 3, depending on your luck. But really, when you have a solid defense units and a full nuke attacks with and has the catapult punch, you'd hardly lose 2-3 lvls, and the defender will still gain the advantage...

You know what? I like this idea, it's not bad at all, and it seems very realistic. (Yeah haha, before in wars castles were damaged too!) So it makes total sense to me if this idea was implemented, and it would be more challenging for defenders a bit (since they still have the advantage).

However, I think this idea should be modified to a certain level, as having a certain amount of cats to do destroy this building, otherwise it can be abused.

DeletedUser

If you want realistic, why not allow cats to randomly damage any building in the city. That's what really happens in wars -_-
(Yeah haha, before in wars castles were damaged too!)

Yeah sure, people may abuse it to completely destroy a city, but then who'd want to conquer it :p

DeletedUser

Well for me i like the idea cause i hardly ever build walls and towers.

Um what??

Anyways, as for the idea. No. It'd be a pain to rebuild the tower over and over. Plus it's just....too much, get what I'm saying?

Frozen, time and time again having I tried pointing out realism. Good luck with it. ;)

DeletedUser

If you want realistic, why not allow cats to randomly damage any building in the city. That's what really happens in wars -_-

Yeah sure, people may abuse it to completely destroy a city, but then who'd want to conquer it :p

Well war and destruction are part of the game, it's not just a city collection game now is it? They were planning to make it this way I think in the next update, so not really worth saying and repeating over that they'd enable buildings damaged. It's all fair and square, if a player managed to demolish your town if you didn't do anything about it ^^

How can there be any abuse of that?

DeletedUser38224

Grepo needs some way to catapult a city into dust, it's one of the things that currently makes it so much like simcity...

DeletedUser32373

IDK I think that DDFan is just made because he always gets crushed by the tower when he tries to conquer cities. :p

How about you just go with the War Council DD? Maybe now you will kill 20 hoplites instead of 18 when you're attacking with your Sword Hordes. :cool:

DeletedUser32373

IDK I think that DDFan is just made because he always gets crushed by the tower when he tries to conquer cities. :p

How about you just go with the War Council DD? Maybe now you will kill 20 hoplites instead of 18 when you're attacking with your Sword Hordes. :cool:

And edit::::: Catapults can knock down towers. One of the guys in my alliance knocked down a Tower with his cats and posted the report in the forum the other day.

Dang it sorry forum Mod- I meant to click edit post and accidentally clicked Reply with Quote- it was a pure mistake.