Passed Idea ~ Inbox Search Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Deadly Truth said:
Proposal:
Adding a function to search for key words in the reports and message folder(s).

Reason:
To be able to search for a certain attack in the report folder to see what your enemy had in the city at that time. So if you are under attack you can check and see what the enemy hit you with last time or vis versa, if you are attacking someone you can check and see what you hit in a certain city last time. For the messages it would be a nice feature to have to search for a players name and have all the messages they sent you in one spot.

Details:
You have a search box in the reports and message overview where you can type in a few key words and the matches show up.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Should be pretty clear.
[/quote]

WAVEBREAKER said:
Proposal: Have you ever had trouble finding an old mail? This idea would allow you to search for it.

Type in a key word, the message title, the recipient, and the Search bar will bring up a list of possible mails.

Details: If for example I have a message:

Recipient: Link of time
Title: You noob
Text:

Link of time (11/07/95)
I am so cool, I love simming

WAVEBREAKER (12/07/95)
No you are not cool

You could search for this message through the use of key words such as:

Key Words for that message:
-Link of time
-noob
-simming
-not cool
etc.

Disclaimer- This message is imaginary. And only exists in the Author's mind.

Reason: Search bar would solve various problems that a player who receives a lot of mail has. It is almost impossible to find old mail with the current system. And this idea would make that process a lot easier.

Balance: Grepolis would collapse and IG would go bankrupt

Abuse: N/A

Summary- A Search bar for Messages which you can easily use to track down old messages through using key words

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16292

This seems like a great idea that could be implemented rather easily.

DeletedUser

i like the idea :D

usually i dont delete one on one messages with other players ingame, and after u play for a while ur inbox becomes like 20, 30, or even 40 pages long . . . so having a search function to search all those message for a key word as opposed to opening then reading then closing then opening and repeating the process over time and time again, would be fantastic

DeletedUser

it makes finding messages so much easier!
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

DeletedUser

Proposal: Have you ever had trouble finding an old mail? This idea would allow you to search for it.

Type in a key word, the message title, the recipient, and the Search bar will bring up a list of possible mails.

Details: If for example I have a message:

Recipient: Link of time
Title: You noob
Text:

Link of time (11/07/95)
I am so cool, I love simming

WAVEBREAKER (12/07/95)
No you are not cool

-Link of time
-noob
-simming
-not cool
etc.

Reason: Search bar would solve various problems that a player who receives a lot of mail has. It is almost impossible to find old mail with the current system. And this idea would make that process a lot easier.

Balance: Grepolis would collapse and IG would go bankrupt

Abuse: N/A

Summary- A Search bar for Messages which you can easily use to track down old messages through using key words

DeletedUser

You got this from the letter search idea :p.Anyone I still like the idea,so +1 from me.

DeletedUser

-Link of time
-noob
-simming
-not cool
etc.

Hahahaha, nice one, but I do believe you forgot to put in the missing tag 'derp' in your example.

Agreed with the balance issues, and thats why I am not supporting the idea. :p

Okay... maybe I like it a little...

DeletedUser

I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard, and it would keep WB happy which is a bonus. :p Although honestly, who looks for old messages? Delete the ones you'll never want to see again after you read them, and you'll never have so many that you can't find it! :D

I have no idea who looks for old messages :p But like if you want to bring up something for reference, it's easy to do :)

DeletedUser

Good idea. The messaging system really does need a simple keyword search feature.

DeletedUser

Hey Guys ~

I have found another idea similar to this one so I just merged the two threads together.

Please continue posting about this idea! :)

~ Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.