Inactive Topic Idea: Ship Modifications

DeletedUser54886

Proposal: Changes to both the fighting styles of ship warfare, in line with the land based effects, as well as addition of some new ship types to utilise these effects. I know, no new ship ideas... but have a look and see what you think... its not so much a ship idea as a change in ship tactics which would require a few new ships...

Reason: Several people have commented on the sea warfare being fairly straight forward and boring, this would increase the complexity of sea warfare, but not make it overly difficult and is in the spirit of keeping with the existing gameplay.

Details: The essence of the modification is to split ship attack into two modes, CLOSE and RANGED, this would in the same way that differing attack types on land add complexity do the same with sea based warfare.

New Ships:

Bireme: POP:8 ATTACK: Close 24, Defence C:160 R:120, SPEED 8

Light Ship: POP:10 ATTACK: Close 200, Defence C:60, R:80, SPEED 10

Fire Ship: POP:5 ATTACK: Close 1, Defence C:250, R:40, SPEED 4

Trireme: POP:20 ATTACK: Close 250, Defence C:250 R:250, SPEED 15

Arrow: POP:12 ATTACK: Ranged 100, Defence C:100, R:100, SPEED 10

Balista: POP:12 ATTACK: Ranged 150, Defence C:10 R:100, SPEED 8

Fire Catapult: POP:10 ATTACK: Ranged 300, Defence C:1 R:20, SPEED 6

Penteconter: POP:50 ATTACK: Close 150, Defence C:260, R:320, SPEED 10

Transport & Fast Transport remain the same…

Hydra & Colony Ship should both be speed 4… so one can fake for the other…
Hydra: POP:50 ATTACK Close 1310, Defence C:1400, R:2000, SPEED 4 (Ranged does minimal damage as it would just grow more heads)

This would add an enormous layer of complexity to the sea battles and attacks, with the Arrow (academy level 4 – costs only 3 RP) being a kind of middle of the road general purpose ship armed with a group of archers… this would be the first one available for research and the others at appropriate points, for example Fire Catapult would probably be around level 28 in the tech tree, but the ballista could be level 19 with the catapult… The penteconter becomes the ultimate heavy defence ship (level 31) and the Trireme becomes the fast sleek all purpose weapon…

Visual Aids:

N/A

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

I am sure someone will think of one… but I can’t see any at present…

Last edited by a moderator: