Wish List Idea - Special Buildings

DeletedUser54886

Proposal: I love some of the ongoing specials such as Land expansion, but would like to see them be more tangible than just an icon up the top...

Reason: It does create some balance, in that players who did not get to participate in the special events still have a chance to reap the benefit through capture of the cities... it also makes these cities prized treasures as these rewards can not be built through ordinary means only through the special events or quests which give them...

Details: For some of the enduring special effects I am proposing some additional new buildings to add to the city image, rather than just icons at the top... some possible examples listed below:

1. Land expansion: (250 points each x 3) we could easily place a small hut on the plain above the farm with up to 3 olive groves attached to it... (3 land expansions) keeps in line with farms for pop...
2. Luxury Residence: (750 points) This could be a large nice looking house added above the silver mine... (wouldn't be a bad permanent attachment to that city either)
3. Gold Mine: (1000 points) This could be the ultimate prize a small mine on the hillside that produces 5 gold coins a day... just enough to speed up that once in a rare occasion build if you had a couple of these...
4. Roads: (100 points/road) These would require you to have a Level 25 Marketplace and research diplomat (see Persian Invasion) and must have the Administrator active. This would allow a road fortress at the back of the map, it would then allow you to build a road to each farming village, this road would cost 5000 wood, 5000 stone, 5000 silver and 10 gold coins, it would in turn automatically get the resources from the farms every 30 mins equal to the current 20 min farm rate. If you loot the farm, or the city is conquered the roads are destroyed.

Visual Aids:
As required…

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
There is no more potential for these to be abused then there currently is, but making them tangible buildings in the map would mean that those who were not around for the event, still have a chance to benefit from them, and also means that the cities become real trophies that people will want to attack, this would mean a city could potentially go to over 20,000 points with a few of these things...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluvisol

Phrourach
3. Gold Mine: (1000 points) This could be the ultimate prize a small mine on the hillside that produces 5 gold coins a day... just enough to speed up that once in a rare occasion build if you had a couple of these...

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
There is no more potential for these to be abused then there currently is, but making them tangible buildings in the map would mean that those who were not around for the event, still have a chance to benefit from them, and also means that the cities become real trophies that people will want to attack, this would mean a city could potentially go to over 20,000 points with a few of these things...

I mean I'm pretty sure Inno would think that someone with 100 cities getting 500 gold a day is considered abuse :D
That's £75 a month they don't make ma dude

Now if instead the goldmine would give 1 minotaur a day, then we're talking
We can call it the minomine
Of course we would have to update minotaurs to be available for all gods, but that just makes it better