Inactive Topic Idea ~ Stupid Militia

DeletedUser

Proposal: Militia after 3 hours can be summoned again AT FULL STRENGTH, this idea is aimed at reducing the advantage of the defender against the attacker.

Reason: To rebalance Grepolis, and to reduce the massive bonus that the defender currently has.

Details:Militia kinda ruins the balance of the game as the defender can just enlist militia every 3 hours to fight of wave after wave of attackers.

The idea is the militia once dead, they can be re-trained over time. For example a 5 minute period for every militia unit.
If let's say I have 300 militia to enlist, I get attacked. I enlist my militia and all of them are killed by the attack.
After the initial 3 hour period is over, my militia start to re-train at the proposed rate of one every 5minutes.

So after 10 minutes if I want to enlist militia (after the 3 hour period), I can enlist 2 Militia.

The 3 hour enlisting period is the period in which the Militia drop all their stuff and rush to the front line, so there will be no training during that period.

Balance: It corrects the balanace that has been ruined.

Abuse: N/A

Summary: To correct the balance that has been ruined by the Wall, and the Militia, this idea aims to blunt the advantage given to the defender by Militia. By making them a trainable unit.

(Please note they are automatically trained at no cost).

As per all my ideas I welcome critism/add-ons however comments like 'I don't like it' do not help anyone. So no trolling please

~WAVEBREAKER

DeletedUser

Well firstly, congratulations on being one of the only people who correctly uses the format. It makes your ideas so much more attractive. :p

Secondly, I think this is a noble, and well thought out idea. On the plus side, it makes the defense more realistic in the way that the militia don't simply respawn instantly. On the negative side, if defending was really THAT good, cities would be nearly impossible to take, but since people get conquered all the time, that clearly isn't so.

I'm not going to support, nor reject this idea, but you will be getting some rep for it. :p I wouldn't mind if this was implemented, nor would I mind if it stayed the same.

DeletedUser

Great idea, and yes it appears that popping free-defense-that-gives-no-BP-and-costs-nothing-instantly seems to be some peoples idea of skill and strategy, at least this will make them a less-abused feature.

DeletedUser24356

Proposal: Militia after 3 hours can be summoned again AT FULL STRENGTH, this idea is aimed at reducing the advantage of the defender against the attacker.

Reason: To rebalance Grepolis, and to reduce the massive bonus that the defender currently has.

Details:Militia kinda ruins the balance of the game as the defender can just enlist militia every 3 hours to fight of wave after wave of attackers.

The idea is the militia once dead, they can be re-trained over time. For example a 5 minute period for every militia unit.
If let's say I have 300 militia to enlist, I get attacked. I enlist my militia and all of them are killed by the attack.
After the initial 3 hour period is over, my militia start to re-train at the proposed rate of one every 5minutes.

So after 10 minutes if I want to enlist militia (after the 3 hour period), I can enlist 2 Militia.

The 3 hour enlisting period is the period in which the Militia drop all their stuff and rush to the front line, so there will be no training during that period.

Balance: It corrects the balanace that has been ruined.

Abuse: N/A

Summary: To correct the balance that has been ruined by the Wall, and the Militia, this idea aims to blunt the advantage given to the defender by Militia. By making them a trainable unit.

(Please note they are automatically trained at no cost).

As per all my ideas I welcome critism/add-ons however comments like 'I don't like it' do not help anyone. So no trolling please

~WAVEBREAKER

One miltia every 5 minutes? that would take way to long to train your miltia

DeletedUser

One miltia every 5 minutes? that would take way to long to train your miltia

Yeah I just realized after doing a bit of math, to be able to replenish 375 militia would take 1,875 minutes, or 31 hours. That's another extreme in itself. Perhaps have this more based on world speeds, a speed one world taking around 1 minute to build each militia (6 hours and 15 minutes in this case); subsequent speeds will be a divider of this time (speed 2 = 30 seconds, speed 3 = 20 seconds, etc..).

DeletedUser

Please note 5minute per Militia was me just popping numbers down, no purpose behind these numbers just guess work.

They were used as an example.

DeletedUser24356

im still against this do to the fact grepolis is supposed to be tipped toward the defensive side

DeletedUser

Grepolis is supposed to be in favour of the defender? Are you really posting stuff like that?

The fact that Grepolis IS in favour of the defender does not mean that it SHOULD be. A game such as Grepolis is supposed to be balanced so neither side has a distinct advantage, instead of one side (the defender) having a clear advantage in almost every aspect of the game.

DeletedUser

Maybe its just me. But I've never really had a problem with militia being unbalanced. You can easily clear the militia and land a CS in those 3 hours.

I'm beginning to think that if you want to balance grepo, the best way to suggest ideas would be to buff attackers, not nerf defenders. It seems like it would be kind of hard to create a balanced defense nerf.

DeletedUser

Maybe its just me. But I've never really had a problem with militia being unbalanced. You can easily clear the militia and land a CS in those 3 hours.

I've always found this to be the case as well. I suppose if you are repeatedly attacking someone, rather than attempting to conquer them, the militia becomes an irritation though.

Were any changes to be made to militia, my personal preference would be making it so that troops killed by militia do not earn the defender BP. That would then slightly balance out the fact that the attacker does not receive BP for killing militia. There is still the imbalance as far as the cost is concerned, but yeah.

DeletedUser

im still against this do to the fact grepolis is supposed to be tipped toward the defensive side

*facepalm*

That's almost as bad as a politician saying they favour one religion in a country over another religion in their country.

DeletedUser

Well in my opinion militia are already weak, and i like it how it is. I sort of see at as that 3 hour period is the time more are being trained

DeletedUser

I've always found this to be the case as well. I suppose if you are repeatedly attacking someone, rather than attempting to conquer them, the militia becomes an irritation though.

Were any changes to be made to militia, my personal preference would be making it so that troops killed by militia do not earn the defender BP. That would then slightly balance out the fact that the attacker does not receive BP for killing militia. There is still the imbalance as far as the cost is concerned, but yeah.

That would be difficult to implement though if there are other troops in the city that activated militia.

DeletedUser

That would be difficult to implement though if there are other troops in the city that activated militia.

Aye, that's why it's just a personal preference and not something I've ever suggested. ;)

DeletedUser

Well in my opinion militia are already weak, and i like it how it is. I sort of see at as that 3 hour period is the time more are being trained

If your attack wave hits on 2:59:59 after enlisting militia and kills all of them, they can be enlisted 2seconds later again.

DeletedUser

They do enough when your sending a CS wave. Also with a lvl 20+ Wall and a Tower they do a lot more than they should.

DeletedUser

They do enough when your sending a CS wave. Also with a lvl 20+ Wall and a Tower they do a lot more than they should.

Just hit the wall with some cats on one or two of the attacks prior to the CS landing. Walls are easily circumvented.

DeletedUser

Hmm, well the defender still has the upper hand, which is why I feel that this idea would be a good step towards rebalancing Grepolis.

DeletedUser

Hmm, well the defender still has the upper hand, which is why I feel that this idea would be a good step towards rebalancing Grepolis.

Militia isn't the main problem though. I think militia in its current state is here to stay. They even implemented a version of militia in TW a year or so ago.

The problem lies in that the defenders get a larger total percentage boost to defense than you can get in attack. On top of the fact you can stack as many defensive troops in a city as you want, but the offensive troops are limited by population. The latter I really doubt will get changed, however.