Inactive Topic Idea ~ Stupid Militia

DeletedUser29371

These are already part of the proposed idea in question. Your third rule is unnecessary, especially if I had to defend a city dedicated to naval units. Land nukes and walls could abuse that concept by enlisted a ridiculously large amount and then removing your actual soldiers from the city.

I do agree that it is an unrealistic and even ridiculous idea that the cities units go out sailing while their towns people defend from incoming attacks, but I wouldn't want my land or LS nukes at the very least to be locked-down in a city if I had to enlist them.

well for 3rd idea it should count 50% of militia in town WHEN you engangei n battle.

so if my troops would land calculator would check amount of soldiers in FS from palyer and add same amount of militia if enlisted up to max 375

for having LS or any nukes it should be a risk invovled with loosing it not simply dodging for eternity and laugh imo

DeletedUser

well for 3rd idea it should count 50% of militia in town WHEN you engangei n battle.

Yep, and if I had 2.3-3.2k farm space consumed on land and naval units, say hello to 1.1-1.6k militia enlistments. That was my point.

so if my troops would land calculator would check amount of soldiers in FS from palyer and add same amount of militia if enlisted up to max 375

Well glad you finally specified that, you didn't in your previous post; you just said 50% of the units in the previous response.

for having LS or any nukes it should be a risk invovled with loosing it not simply dodging for eternity and laugh imo

That is such a terrible counter-suggestion, a players constructed units should be freely used and not have a mind of their own; losing a decent naval or land build for an-even more ridiculous reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29371

That is such a terrible counter-suggestion, a players constructed units should be freely used and not have a mind of their own; losing a decent naval or land build for an-even more ridiculous reason.

The only other counter suggestion is if enemy attacks your town and kills all troops 3 buildings chosen by enemy are de-lvled for 1 lvl.

that would be another good idea why NOT TO DODGE for eternity

DeletedUser

The only other counter suggestion is if enemy attacks your town and kills all troops 3 buildings chosen by enemy are de-lvled for 1 lvl.

that would be another good idea why NOT TO DODGE for eternity

Dodging troops is nice. The aim of the game is not make battles killing troops and making some BPs - but conquering cities (and if your CS on the way to city - opp cannot dodge and have to protect the city).

Therefore take a look at existing game-play from another point of view (not battle-concerned, but conquer-concerned) and you'll see that dodging (preserving troops) and militia are pretty good balanced now, giving ability to smaller player protect himself against BIG FARMER at least somehow if player is more-less active (to dodge troops and activate militia during incoming attacks).

DeletedUser29371

Dodging troops is nice. The aim of the game is not make battles killing troops and making some BPs - but conquering cities (and if your CS on the way to city - opp cannot dodge and have to protect the city).

Therefore take a look at existing game-play from another point of view (not battle-concerned, but conquer-concerned) and you'll see that dodging (preserving troops) and militia are pretty good balanced now, giving ability to smaller player protect himself against BIG FARMER at least somehow if player is more-less active (to dodge troops and activate militia during incoming attacks).

Problem is when not low pointers do that... but when my enemy a 3200 pointer does that to me when i have 2900 points....

So now i have to play the game of speed... aka who can get conquest first... OR i have to set alarm clock at 3am my local (and his 2am local) so i send him an attack... very skilled indeed

DeletedUser

Problem is when not low pointers do that... but when my enemy a 3200 pointer does that to me when i have 2900 points....

So now i have to play the game of speed... aka who can get conquest first... OR i have to set alarm clock at 3am my local (and his 2am local) so i send him an attack... very skilled indeed

You're not alone there - but also have alliance behind. Therefore you (whole your alliance) should make team-play where your conquers will be planned and implemented together. Also conquering of that 3200 dodger too. And he makes nice work dodging his troops and meeting your attacks with militia - he understands how to play this game correct so hats off to him. :)

DeletedUser

...So now i have to play the game of speed... aka who can get conquest first... OR i have to set alarm clock at 3am my local (and his 2am local) so i send him an attack... very skilled indeed

Actually, i don't understand your concerns here. What do you want achieve attacking him? Do you want kill his offensive troops during his offline time? Forget about it because offensive troops are dodged for sure. What else?

DeletedUser29371

Actually, i don't understand your concerns here. What do you want achieve attacking him? Do you want kill his offensive troops during his offline time? Forget about it because offensive troops are dodged for sure. What else?

emmm i want to kill a few of his any ACTUAL troops to set him back and make him afraid and build more defensive troops, and thus gain the advantage.

Me and my friend joined a good alliance sure, but most of the alliance is in core (they started 5 days earlier than us) and most are 5h+ sailing away. and we went into war with some MRA who has like 9 players in range of 2h30min sailing with normal transport boat away. We cleared 3-4 of them cos well they are either american or australian and some inactive alot, but some are active like 80% of time.

but we cannot engage in fight with anyone cos everyone runs away and if this is skill then i perhaps misjudged the actual grepolis joy...

and no offensive troops are not always dodged, i killed over 100 hops and 100 slingers in the last 5 days, because they were offline.

The guy that constantly dodged me i managed to kill 25 archers 25 hops and 3 transports thanks to me sending support to his nearby farm city...

I was happy for payback sure but militia problem still remains. Now i cannot wait for catapult(from phoenician) cos finally ill delvl his wall atleast maybe that will make him think twice before running away all time.

Its just that until i get revolt option i feel so ''useless'' because of attacking his polis brings nothing but losses and militia count...

Doding is not skill when you get 1-3 attacks coming to your city btw any idiot who reads english can enlist militia and send enemy from city to attack someone else(inactive) in the meantime.

DeletedUser

Its just that until i get revolt option i feel so ''useless'' because of attacking his polis brings nothing but losses and militia count...

Doding is not skill when you get 1-3 attacks coming to your city btw any idiot who reads english can enlist militia and send enemy from city to attack someone else(inactive) in the meantime.

You have very nice option - just stop attack him and you'll stop also lose your troops.

Why should you attack active player not being able conquer him? Farm around, attack less active people and you'll forget about that "militia-nightmare" very soon. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, agreed with maxdz. You might also hit your original targets troops and ships in a smaller city hidden somewhere, as I often find the case. I will say that this is a bit unrelated to the subject at hand, so we should keep on track and post our thoughts on how to better develop this with more forethought than of a couple of bad personal experiences. :p

I do like the suggestions pertaining to having militia re-trainable in order use them again, and cutting resources for a longer period of time in the process... whatever that length of time people decide is best.

DeletedUser29371

You have very nice option - just stop attack him and you'll stop also lose your troops.

Why should you attack active player not being able conquer him? Farm around, attack less active people and you'll forget about that "militia-nightmare" very soon. :)

Maybe innogames should change the setting of this game then from grepolis thats supposed to be set in antique Greece full with courageous spartans and other greek into a covardice game where you are supposed to attack inactives and offliners until you get conquest :)

DeletedUser

I like this idea, it makes more sense. Its also more realistic.

DeletedUser

bumpity (think)

moved to developments

please revive the idea :D lol

DeletedUser31929

I disagree with this idea,
The Militia are actually good the way they are
The GOOD side of it is that
Once they die,you don't lose anything,No population,Nor resources,You just wait for the 3 hours to pass and then you can get MORE militia.
:D

DeletedUser31931

A very good idea. Should definitely be done in my opinion.

DeletedUser30636

i agree and disagree with this idea, as kanga said, players get conquered all the time so it cant be that big of an advantage in the end. but also i think the time should maybe be, 3 hours for half the militia, which means 6 hours total, i think thats fair enough.

DeletedUser5819

+rep for a a well presented, well thought out, novel idea.

But I don't like it :p

Any decent player can work around militia by going elsewhere till they have built up. It takes effort on the part of the defender, is important in early game and keeps big players on their toes in the same way as planting a single bireme in a ghost. Don't be lazy.

Militia has always been part of Grepolis and TW, and whilst annoying when used correctly, that's the point!

I followed a vote thread here so why do I feel like I am necroing? :heh:

DeletedUser18366

I followed a vote thread here so why do I feel like I am necroing? :heh:

You are...and I must say that I don't like the idea now that I'm here. One ever 5 minutes is way too slow.