Inactive Topic Idea ~ Territorial Payouts

DeletedUser

Proposal - My idea is simple. When an alliance holds an island (no other alliances on that island) they gain a certain amount of gold which will be transferred on a daily basis into the Alliance Coffers. (For Example 5g per Island).

Every player that has not alligned themselves to an alliance but is on that island results in a decrease in the income generated by that island for the set alliance.

The income generated by the alliance can be used for multiple functions (this can be developed on significantly, however will not be part of this idea). The primary function of the gold would be to distribute it to the alliance members - there would be a special permission for Gold Distribution, Founders and Leaders would have access.

Reason - By making gold a more accessible resource to the vast majority of players it would increase revenue for IG as players would be more exposed to gold. IG could also make gold a more useful resource and spike up the price of premium advisers.

I feel gold should be accessed more and should not just be a buy able resource reserved for the players with the most open wallet.

Details - This space is for issues that players bring up that will be clarified in depth.

Summary - This idea will be controversial and I expect great enthusiasm and great resistance to it.

DeletedUser

No as it encourages people to found cities. As if we haven't reduced this WARRING game against it's aim enough.

DeletedUser

No as it encourages people to found cities. As if we haven't reduced this WARRING game against it's aim enough.

Not necessarily, imho.

Every single island is worth only a small amount of gold. The novelty will wear out after the first month or so of the world starting. This idea will merely increase the value of owning a large territorial share.

Also this idea will reduce the attractiveness of having an academy or sub-alliance as you won't receive as much gold, which is good as it increases warring as you have more enemies.

I feel this would actually increase warring as you seek to cleanse your islands from enemy alliances, instead of attempting to disrupt enemy alliance islands. For example founding a city on an enemy island deep in their territory would be pointless as it only reduces their income by a fraction.

DeletedUser

Let me see if I got this right...If an alliance ' owns' an island it receives a portion of gold daily? I wouldn't have any objection to that but I think it's a little impractical..

DeletedUser

Inno would only do it if it would result in them making money.
You say that it will give people a taster, so they'll want more.

Well, now that you get it when you sign up your email... every single player gets an instant taster.
So, i can't see inno going with it.

DeletedUser

Let me see if I got this right...If an alliance ' owns' an island it receives a portion of gold daily? I wouldn't have any objection to that but I think it's a little impractical..

Yep :)

Quite a few companies do have a similar strategy. Obviously the gold amount would be small, small enough so it wouldnt suffice to pay for events, and ingame bonuses etc. where InnoGames make the majority of their money anyway.

DeletedUser

Yep :)

Quite a few companies do have a similar strategy. Obviously the gold amount would be small, small enough so it wouldnt suffice to pay for events, and ingame bonuses etc. where InnoGames make the majority of their money anyway.

So what's the point?

Please reply to my other comment as well. :)

DeletedUser14492

If this gets passed I will eat my hat (note: my hat is made of chocolate).

But apart from that I would say yes, give us more free gold please :)

Ev

DeletedUser

Have you seen the cores of the more developed worlds? If this were implemented, Inno would be paying out massive amounts right off the bat. Sure, the individuals wouldn't be gaining much, but the company would lose a fortune.

DeletedUser

Have you seen the cores of the more developed worlds? If this were implemented, Inno would be paying out massive amounts right off the bat. Sure, the individuals wouldn't be gaining much, but the company would lose a fortune.

I'm sure InnoGames could find a figure that would suit them. Even 1g per Island per day.

@Theonlythomas the more tasters the better, also having a regular income of gold that is not sufficient will encourage players to spend more of their own cash to supplement the income.

DeletedUser

I suppose it would be good publicity. Also it would encourage people to continue playing.

DeletedUser

Good idea in theory, i doubt inno want to start throwing gold around though.....

DeletedUser

Buying gold funds inno and allows them to keep the game running .

maybe a boost to resources on said island.

DeletedUser19042

I agree with Strikehard. I don't really like the idea.

Then the worlds will just fill up with more simmers. And we already have too much of those. :s

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't vote for it.

J

DeletedUser

I agree with Strikehard. I don't really like the idea.

Then the worlds will just fill up with more simmers. And we already have too much of those. :s

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't vote for it.

J

What.....

Please read the idea again. This would encourage WAR not simming.... It would increase the tactical importance of islands, and the tactical significance of taking enemies behind your lines.

I have never, and will never propose an idea that supports simming.

Please re-read idea.

Thrillology

Phrourach
This would be interesting in beta.grepolis, but in a Grepolis server that is big like EN (International) Grepolis, Inno might lose quite a bit of money. They do still make money from other games too, but they get quite a bit of revenue from Grepolis.

I would say 'yes' if it was in beta.grepolis (which I don't play :p) but in bigger places like en it wouldn't work.

Besides, if you're a US player, you already have a "free" way to get gold by doing surveys, which gets Grepolis money from their sponsors and players (getting either scammed or ripped-off) get some gold (only if it's not a scam or a virus, there was a Trojan attack from two of the surveys).

This would be cool.

DeletedUser

Guys, please stop bringing up the point that Grepolis would lose a lot of money, that is not the role of the player.

If this idea passes it will be passed to the devs, who will decide whether it is too expensive or costly to InnoGames, the player here is not to act like a manager for InnoGames.

DeletedUser5554

I'd say make this more realistic its easy to take over an island and there's enough islands in an ocean alone that you can easily pay out 50 players in large sums of gold on a weekly basis is you're the dominant alliance or one of them. I'd say make it more oceanic but make it maybe 100 gold per day. However as a balance to that you also have to establish superiority by holding it for 30 days. My reasons behind this will be the same as yours it will get people exposed to gold, but not break IG. We have to be reasonaible here even at 5 gold per day if you own lets say 60 islands suddenly that's 300 gold per day at 2,100 per week and 9,000 in a 30 day month. Considering if your alliance is good or elite that many players will be spending gold or at least trying to earn their coins then suddenly Inno is broke as you can break up the 2,100 for one set of players one week and the other 2,100 for another set another week at least giving them captain and admin and losing money off potential customers.

And 60 is just early game in some worlds imagine that number rising significantly end game.

DeletedUser

I'd say make this more realistic its easy to take over an island and there's enough islands in an ocean alone that you can easily pay out 50 players in large sums of gold on a weekly basis is you're the dominant alliance or one of them. I'd say make it more oceanic but make it maybe 100 gold per day. However as a balance to that you also have to establish superiority by holding it for 30 days. My reasons behind this will be the same as yours it will get people exposed to gold, but not break IG. We have to be reasonaible here even at 5 gold per day if you own lets say 60 islands suddenly that's 300 gold per day at 2,100 per week and 9,000 in a 30 day month. Considering if your alliance is good or elite that many players will be spending gold or at least trying to earn their coins then suddenly Inno is broke as you can break up the 2,100 for one set of players one week and the other 2,100 for another set another week at least giving them captain and admin and losing money off potential customers.

And 60 is just early game in some worlds imagine that number rising significantly end game.

Inno would control the amount of gold per island. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't put in place an amount that would broker them, just possibly give each player of a strong alliance enough gold to 'taste' the premium features.

*bump*

With 2 new premium implementations I feel this is a good idea to restart.