Inactive Topic Idea- Two new battleships

DeletedUser

these ships shouldnt be implemented the ships we have currently is enough

DeletedUser

With the advent of the mobile app and its ability to instantly warn a player of an incoming attack 24/7... I LIKE the idea of adding quick strike units to the game.

DeletedUser

Options

Thank you for pointing this out Sir. I have a few different ideas of what we could do.

I personally am in favor of adding these two researches in the academy for 8 RP each. It may put more stress on a player, but it will encourage the use of specialized cities.

Another option is putting them in the academy for no RP, but a very high cost. ex: 10000/10000/10000.

These ships could also be used in the Captain premium once your harbor reaches a certain level. I am not generally in favor of this idea, but it would be the easiest and earn Inno some money.

Read this: http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/greeks/science/sailing/warships.htm
These were the actual names for Greek warships ranging from 6-4 BC

What if they weren't researched but just unlocked at a commensurate level in the harbor so you're spending research points on them? (Although if they were researchable Library might not be a waste)

Why not change the super fast one with low hit points, and allow it to attack incoming attacks, as an interceptor?

DeletedUser27700

Why not change the super fast one with low hit points, and allow it to attack incoming attacks, as an interceptor?

That idea has been suggested many times, it never gets anywhere.
Its also by no means related to the OP.

DeletedUser

I like the idea on the whole, but doubt its implementation.

Ditto Kanga.

I like the idea, and would look to see it's implementation in the game to vary naval tactics up a bit

DeletedUser

Frankly I would prefer a more expensive stronger attack ship designed to get through brieme walls. But we are talking about the 2 proposed units which would change some of the naval game play which I am in favor.

There are a couple of options that I see of taking these ideas and implementing them.
1: Let LS replace espionage, putting the new offensive ship in the LS's old spot and putting the new defensive ship on cryptography research. You could or could not also allow the new offensive ship to serve as an interceptor (I like the idea but it may be technically difficult).
2: Have it so that these new units open up if their previous ship is researched and the harbor reaches a certain level like 25.
3: I like the idea of having at a certain point of harbor development where it is specified as either offensive or defensive and can no longer build certain units based on it construction but you have the option of researching at the harbor several advanced techniques opening up these new units and possibly some other new naval units, each designed with a particular purpose.

DeletedUser

I really like this idea.

Perhaps add them as benefits of the lighthouse?
Must have Lighthouse and harbour at its max level to unlock? Or something similar.

I really do like this idea, a fast attacking naval unit in particular.

DeletedUser

I'm with thomas on this one. Some quicker naval units would be nice. The naval units of Grepolis have very little diversity.

DeletedUser37666

I like, it would be a bigger variety of city types and gameplay

Thrillology

Phrourach
I'm going to say "No" because quinquiremes came much later in time and weren't around during the times of Antiquity. Pentekontors, I've never heard of those before. Also, they didn't use lead. Even though this game still has fantasy in it, those ships are still way too far off.

Two thumbs down/"no".

DeletedUser

I don't like this idea. Too much coding. Plus, the current ships are good enough.

'Too much coding'

As much as it pains me to attack this post, I have to.

'Too much coding' is an issue that the developers will deal with once the idea has been passed by the players (us). The 'too much coding' should only be used if the idea is blatantly too hard to code for the benefits provided.

The current ships are boring, monotonous and extremely repetitive, and naval combat is limited to a nuke approach. This new idea provided variation and would allow skillful offensive players to reap a greater offensive advantage than noobs when attacking.

DeletedUser

I'm going to say "No" because quinquiremes came much later in time and weren't around during the times of Antiquity. Pentekontors, I've never heard of those before. Also, they didn't use lead. Even though this game still has fantasy in it, those ships are still way too far off.

Er, you're not quite right. Quinquiremes are actually the most well-known battle ships of the period and were used extensively by Greeks and Romans. There is no reason they shouldn't be introduced. So there's a thumbs up.
Pentekontors were also a ship from this time period. They were used for several different reasons by the Greeks. Do some research. That's a second thumbs up.

The addition of these ship would not bring any sort of added fantasy level to the game; it would give the game more variety. We all want variety.

Two thumbs up from me.

DeletedUser

I thought I had replied to this thread, but I have not...

Anyways, I REALLY like this idea! We've seen ground/mythical units come into perspective with the game here lately and more to come. We haven't seen any interest in naval units though. After reading this it really got me excited to see some new naval units. :)

I'm excited to see more discussion with this idea so let's get the ball rolling! :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I like it, adds a new "layer" of strategy into the naval aspect of the game.

DeletedUser30490

i love it,
and i do agree for a fact that LS birs and Tirms are too boring now,
we need something like this to spice up the game good work.

+Rep

DeletedUser345

Two thumbs down/"no".

Your basing it upon two mistaken beliefs about classical antiquity? You must be fun at parties.

As for this idea I am fully in support, I would rather much like to 'spice' up naval combat rather than simply have it as 230 ls hit 290 bireme wall repeatedly... over and over.
'