Rejected Idea- Wall BP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Idea: Players get BP from knocking down other players walls.

Reason: Walls are a defensive fortification and knocking them down is an objective in a battle. If you succesfully knock down X levels of Wall you should get BP.

Details: For example if a Wall is level 25 and I knock it down 5 levels.

I would get the amount of population that is freed through knocking down those 5 levels of wall as BP. This would encourage the use of catapults and encourage players to be more strategic about their offensive attacks. Rather than just sending nukes at the other player aimlessly.

Wall levels that have been destroyed may also appear on the player's wall (Credit to AofE)

Abuse: N/A

If you have any critism don't hesistate to let it be known. So I can modify my idea to suit you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

BP for spells? Bad idea.

As for the idea, it's too much bp. Whatever pop is freed up is how much bp you should receive.

Level 1 wall broke - 2pop - 2bp

DeletedUser17045

BP for spells? Bad idea.

As for the idea, it's too much bp. Whatever pop is freed up is how much bp you should receive.

Yeah, I concur. This would probably be a better alternative in order to allocate a fair amount of BP. Although the ultimate goal when casting Earthquake is to destroy an opposing players wall, a few BP here and there wouldn't hurt. :p

DeletedUser

BP for spells? Bad idea.

What do you think spells like Seastorm and Zeus Rage do? :p

Apart from that; good compromise.

DeletedUser

i actually was going to make the same point around the same time u did :p

moved to improvements

please continue to collaborate on this idea :)

DeletedUser

BP for spells? Bad idea.

The maximum b.p you could accumulate after applying your population for B.p gain would be 12 B.P per spell. Considering the cost of the spell (350 favour), the fact that you can use it only once because of the amount of favour it uses, and the time it takes to get the Favour back, I don't think it's such a bad idea after all- it can't be abused.

I think it's a great idea.

DeletedUser

What do you think spells like Seastorm and Zeus Rage do? :p

I had no idea you get bp from those spells haha.

a few BP here and there wouldn't hurt. :p

Sure wouldn't! So long as it's done fairly, I mean it took pop to build it so pop(bp) you should receive for breaking it down.

@Phoneix - great minds think a like.

For me it's a thumbs up for getting bp for tearing walls down. Though I'm 50/50 on spells, if Zues' storm and whatnot allows you to get bp from those spells then its only fair for the attacker to get bp for breaking the walls with a spell.

DeletedUser

Yeah thats the only sticking point on the idea.

Whether we should give BP for the Spell or not.

DeletedUser23458

what about hero worlds where you can smash anything with cats as long as you have the research... would be alot of free bp sitting around in ghosts and inactives, not to mention anyone who joins late would be instantly farmed with cats as soon as protection is up.

I have to put this one down, right now the wall and malitia are the only way for small players that are being farmed to fight back and inflict some kind of damage. If either of those were worth BP people would look forward to hitting nothing but malitia in a town with a lvl 25 wall.

DeletedUser

Idea: Players get BP from knocking down other players walls.
If you have any critism don't hesistate to let it be known. So I can modify my idea to suit you guys :)

Let's check your reasons

Reason: Walls are a defensive fortification and knocking them down is an objective in a battle. If you succesfully knock down X levels of Wall you should get BP.

This statement is not 100% true, at least in conquest system worlds: since walls are a defensive fortifications it may be in conqueror own interest, whever possible, to NOT knock down the wall of the towns he wishes to conquer; your statement, instead, could be true for towns that the attacker wish to farm.

Details: For example if a Wall is level 25 and I knock it down 5 levels.

I would get the amount of population that is freed through knocking down those 5 levels of wall as BP. This would encourage the use of catapults and encourage players to be more strategic about their offensive attacks. Rather than just sending nukes at the other player aimlessly.

Honestly, I think be the opposite: the use of catapults would be LESS strategic and many more nukes will be built including catapults indipendently from their real added value in the batterfield, but only to gather more kill points.

Abuse: N/A
Let's say player A and player B wish to get almost "free" bps; player B has got some towns on safe islands/strongholds he doesn't need the wall anymore, so ask player A to destroy the wall; player A will get very easy battle points with minum or no losses at all; player B will get extra free pop; eventually they discover that the cost of first wall levels is very low in terms of resources, so they agree about build and destroy the wall in order to get free battle points (player B could do the same with player A safe towns or with other players as well).
So I find this suggestion could be easly abused.

DeletedUser

In response to Archimides of Syracuse, he has raised many valid points.

That is a possible abuse, however I could not see why an experienced player would waste his/her time knocking down a low level wall for 15 BP.....

It defeats the whole purpose of the game. In my opinion pre-arranging to knock down a low level wall to gain a few minor BP is pathetic, and on the scale of Grepolis wouldn't affect the runnings of the game significantly.

DeletedUser

Knocking a level 25 wall completely gives 80 something B.p.
Check this. It's too much effort for too little gain. I'd rather raise an army, support a ghost town and attack it for the B.p.

But I would still like to see the idea implemented. :p

DeletedUser

Agreed with roesh; Wall BP is capped at 80 maximum gain, that's if you manage to knock a wall down from 25 to 0 in one hit, which even still is not a common occurrence. If I sent out 5 attacks and managed to clear those high walls completely, that would net me an exaggerative total of 400 ABP just for the walls. I hardly think that is an abuse. If you really want to abuse BP gain, just build and destroy your own units like some aforementioned people. :p

Don't look at this as an objective to go out there and destroy peoples walls aimlessly, just think of it as giving more justification to the use of catapults outside having to smash mega-turtles with little to no BP gain. It's a great idea, couple this with the 'Wall clearings appearing on your wall' idea and you have a winner.

DeletedUser

Great points by AofE (As always).

Added Wall clearings appearing on your wall to idea :)

And I think we should leave it up to the devs to see how much BP is gained through the destruction of a wall.

DeletedUser

good for revolt, not so good for conquest worlds. Since keeping the wall high bonuses maintaining siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.