Idea

DeletedUser

I would like to post this to here other players opinions and so I can here the admins opinions.
Please do not be biased here.
Just post based on what you really think. :pro:

Here it is:

I think the admins SHOULD make this change but I say since Theta is the oldest world, technically, They should close this world to new players and every month they need to make a point requirement to not be kicked.
Then only leaving the top 1,000 people.

Ex.
Month 1 - under 250 get booted
Month 2 - under 500 get booted
Month 3 - under 750 get booted
Month 4 - under 1,000 get booted
Month 5 - under 1,500 get booted
Month 6 - under 2,500 get booted
Month 7 - under 3,500 get booted
Month 8 - under 5,000 get booted
Month 9 - under 7,000 get booted
Month 10 - under 10,000 get booted

Just keep doing that until we eventually just have the top 1,000 players then we will have a small world.
It will make it allot more interesting without new players coming in.

What does everybody think?

DeletedUser12404

not a bad concept but i'm not comfortable with a couple figures. firstly, i do believe this would should be closed permanently to new entrants (i think it's actually closed no. i'm not sure). booting players isn't a bad idea to some extent. at the point of this post, the person who held the 1000 rank had 50k+ points. and frankly, i don't really believe in just booting players who are above 25k points. so, if only persons with less than 25k get booted you would get about 1200 players (after the higher point players who leave the game and show no signs of returning are also booted).

but even with that, there still needs to be an end game phase. people will get tired of doing the same thing without a possible end in sight.

DeletedUser

Well we need to at least get down to only players above 10,000 points and it will make it slightly more interesting.

DeletedUser

I think this would be a better idea for competition worlds, as it is more intense gameplay, and i really don't like the idea of closing it off to new players, maybe have something in place where alliances get booted?

DeletedUser

Well we need to at least get down to only players above 10,000 points and it will make it slightly more interesting.

i think we should also keep in mind that if someone who just looses his city and is active then he can stay. like i know a player who was like 30K once few months ago. then he got conquered and restarted and then again when he had developed his city, he got conquered again. he is now like 600 points. we could make exception to these guys. and i agree with jerry that theta could be closed now. as you see, the globe is mainly covered by top 10 alliances. others are still there but they are often farmed by the big players and therefore i think that this world is not such a fun to the new entrants because when they build a 6-7K city, its generally taken from them and i admit that they cant even defend when a 400k member is hitting him.

DeletedUser

i think we should also keep in mind that if someone who just looses his city and is active then he can stay. like i know a player who was like 30K once few months ago. then he got conquered and restarted and then again when he had developed his city, he got conquered again. he is now like 600 points. we could make exception to these guys. and i agree with jerry that theta could be closed now. as you see, the globe is mainly covered by top 10 alliances. others are still there but they are often farmed by the big players and therefore i think that this world is not such a fun to the new entrants because when they build a 6-7K city, its generally taken from them and i admit that they cant even defend when a 400k member is hitting him.

Exactly.
It should be closed to new entrants and then if you are inactive for a month then you should be kicked unless you are on vm.

DeletedUser8790

Great idea you have, We need more people to think along these lines, Theta gets a bit more moldy everyday

DeletedUser

yes, the mods should consider this. theta is in a way older that alpha even which is closed now. theta could be closed to the new entrants atleast. now theta is not a world where new comers could have fun. what do you think osl?? your opinion matters.

DeletedUser

I don't like it, just because people cannot play daily does not mean they should be booted from the world.

I think it's forgotten in these sort of ideas that it is a game. On the grepo page it says
Build magnificent cities,
forge mighty alliances,
utilize the power of the gods,
conquer the world!

Not grow or be booted.

Plus, a world shuts when all islands are filled. otherwise it would be pointless letting it shut before there are cities in ocean 00 and 99

DeletedUser

yes, the mods should consider this. theta is in a way older that alpha even which is closed now. theta could be closed to the new entrants atleast. now theta is not a world where new comers could have fun. what do you think osl?? your opinion matters.

I'm not a fan of it, sorry.

DeletedUser

I'm not a fan of it, sorry.

I agree this seems like a stupid Idea. So if you go on VM for an extended period of time and are not able to meet your monthly quota, then you should be booted??? That is ridiculous.

DeletedUser12404

I agree this seems like a stupid Idea. So if you go on VM for an extended period of time and are not able to meet your monthly quota, then you should be booted??? That is ridiculous.
no.... where did anyone say that? plus there is a difference between inactive and VM.
plus, what we really want is for them to close this world.
and for those who are saying "**gasp**omg... you can't just boot a player". just letting you know that it IS already happening. every time you see one of those little icons that let found found a city on a main island (islands with farm villages) that was a player, who due to inactivity and smallness in city the account was deleted. for bigger players who go inactive long enough, they turn to ghosts (and i'm not talking about a player deleting his account.) these are things that i see happen in the game.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but they don't boot players for not keeping up the pace of the game, ghosts happen because people don't log in, not because they can't reach a certain point count. the idea is stupid.

DeletedUser12404

Yeah, but they don't boot players for not keeping up the pace of the game, ghosts happen because people don't log in, not because they can't reach a certain point count. the idea is stupid.
not sure if you read the following posts. persons who we willing to give the idea some modifications. right now, here's the current aim of the plan:
firstly and most importantly, to get this world closed to new players. the next part, which is to boot inactives is already happening, is happening already so at most we just want it amplified a bit.... maybe. the overall aim of this 2 part plan is to get the world down to a very manageable size of about 1500 players. yes, you will say "hey, there's is more than 1500 'active' player". true. but the way this world is going, people will start forgetting to log in if you know what i mean. we have already seen a new alliance formed ingame in protest to how this world is going. soon, the greatest battle won't be on the battlefield between us and our enemies. it will be inside our minds as we wonder if we should really bother to log in.

DeletedUser

MR QUICK, WE WERE OF THE OPINION TO CLOSE THIS WORLD OF THE NEW ENTRANTS (SEE, ALPHA IS CLOSED SO THETA CAN ALSO BE)AND ALSO TO BOOT THE INACTIVES WHO HAVE LIKE BEEN INACTIVE FOR MORE THAN MAYBE 15 DAYS?

FOR NEW ENTRANTS, IN MY OPINION THE GAME CAN NEVER BE A FUN AS I STATED FEW POSTS EARLIER BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING FARMED AND PROBABLY CONQUERED. THIS WORLD HAS DEVELOPED TO A STAGE WHERE MORE THAN 95% OF THE WORLD BELONGS TO TOP 12 ALLIANCES AND I DONT THINK ANYONE OF THE TOP 12 RECRUIT PLAYERS LESS THAN 100k. SO WHEN SOMEONE NEW JOINS, HE IS NOT PROTECTED BY ANYONE BIG AND HE CANT ATTACK A BIG PLAYER SO I DONT THINK HE HAS ANY FUN.

FOR INACTIVES EVERYONE CAN AGREE THAT THEIR PROFILE CAN BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY.

DeletedUser

I joined at a still new area and still enjoying it.

You are all thinking of an end game, but I both like and respect that the game is really to just be played until you stop enjoying it.
Blocking players from joining by closing the world before it fills is plainly stupid as the aim is to not rule, that will always be impossible until a world is down to about 1000 players.

but this annoyed me
the greatest battle won't be on the battlefield between us and our enemies. it will be inside our minds as we wonder if we should really bother to log in.

The second I am having to fight myself to play, I will quit, I do have days, when I can't be bothered playing. but never that I am having a serious think about it. If it stops becoming fun then quit. simple as.

DeletedUser8790

Thanks again for all the discussion, However many are missing the point again, It is great that you do not like it! It probably will not work, But at least a few people are thinking about it, Playing the game until you get bored and quit is not really playing a game it is more like sight seeing or getting a tan, You play to win. There is no way to win. Maybe OS can make a poll for us,
Vote for the future of Theta:

1) Make a way to win
2) Play status quo to infinity

Simple easy, then we can end this discussion completely, or discuss how we can fix it. I hope that makes sense?

DeletedUser19042

I don't like it, just because people cannot play daily does not mean they should be booted from the world.

I think it's forgotten in these sort of ideas that it is a game. On the grepo page it says

Not grow or be booted.

Plus, a world shuts when all islands are filled. otherwise it would be pointless letting it shut before there are cities in ocean 00 and 99

Totally agree. I think that that is what Grepolis makes fun.
Because getting booted has no point at all. Then you can't get fun out of the game. Because thee are guys that play the whole day on grepolis and then if there's a guy that plays after work or school for just 1 hour then you'll get booted very soon. And that's no more fun!!!

:pro: Keep it